Black Flag of Islam Flies Over US Tunisian Embassy as Attacks on America Continue Worldwide

A black Islamic flag is currently flying over the U.S. embassy in Tunisia after it had been stormed by an angry mob of protesters, who were upset over an anti-Islam film that was made by Americans.

This is just one of many incidents occurring around the world today, in which Americans are being targeted.

In Tunis, the mob overran the compound, scaling walls and setting fire to trees before tearing down the American flag and replacing it with a symbol of Islam. It is not thought that any U.S. staff were actually in the embassy in Tunis. An American school in Tunis was also set on fire. Police responded to the mobs by firing tear gas, and police gunfire could also be heard.

Several dozen protesters were also briefly able to enter the embassy compound and set fire to cars in the embassy parking lot. Police and special forces pushed them back outside.

In Lebanon today angry protesters ransacked a KFC and Hardee’s restaurant, police were firing on protesters in Yemen, and there was also unrest in Iraq, Syria, Pakistan and Turkey.

Read more from this story HERE.

Video: Obama Had 48 Hours Warning of Libyan Attack & No Marines Were Sent

In this video, Dick Morris asserts that Obama had 48 hours notice of the Libyan attack, likely planned in retaliation for the death of an Al Qaeda operative, and did nothing.

Morris’ source is a British paper citing senior diplomatic sources.

Confirmed: Director of “Innocence of Muslims” Is a Porn Producer

The anti-Islam film that’s set off a firestorm in the Middle East was directed by a 65-year-old schlock director named Alan Roberts, we’ve confirmed. He’s the creative vision behind softcore porn classics like The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood.

An Alan Roberts is listed as director on the film’s casting calls and call sheets from the summer of 2011, back when it was innocuously called Desert Warriors.. Castmembers and crew told us yesterday that Roberts was brought on by producer “Sam Bacile” aka Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, and he muddled his way through a disorganized three-month shoot.

This is the same Alan Roberts listed in IMDB as the director of a handful of softcore porn movies and other low-budget films, according to acquaintances we spoke to today.

“I am sure it was the same Alan Roberts, as I remember him speaking about this project,” said filmmaker David A. Prior, a longtime acquaintance of Roberts, in an email. Roberts is listed as a producer on two of Prior’s films, 2008’s Zombie Wars and 2007’s Lost at War.

“He did work on [Innocence of Muslims],” confirmed a man who was Roberts’ business partner in a post-production facility he ran, who asked not to be named.

Read more from this story HERE.

NYT Reports: Kansas Ballot Challenge Over Obama’s Birth Is Ended

Citing a wave of angry backlash, a Kansas man on Friday withdrew a petition in which he argued that President Obama should be removed from the state’s election ballot because he did not meet citizenship requirements.

The challenge filed this week by Joe Montgomery of Manhattan, Kan., prompted state election authorities to seek a certified copy of Mr. Obama’s birth certificate and reignited long-running conspiracy theories that the president was not born in the United States. The state will continue to try to obtain the birth certificate, and officials will meet on Monday as scheduled to close the case officially. But without the petition, Mr. Obama will remain on the ballot, Secretary of State Kris W. Kobach told The Associated Press.

Mr. Montgomery, the communications director for the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine, explained his decision in an e-mail to Mr. Kobach.

“There has been a great deal of animosity and intimidation directed not only at me, but at people around me, who are both personal and professional associations,” he wrote. He added that he did not “wish to burden anyone with more of this negative reaction.”

After a hearing on Thursday, the state’s Objections Board, led by Mr. Kobach, a conservative Republican, said it needed more information before issuing a ruling.

Read more from this story HERE.

Anti-American Protests Spreading Beyond Middle East

Anti-American rage that began this week over a video insult to Islam spread to nearly 20 countries across the Middle East and beyond on Friday, with violent and sometimes deadly protests that convulsed the birthplaces of the Arab Spring revolutions, breached two more United States Embassies and targeted diplomatic properties of Germany and Britain.

The broadening of the protests appeared to reflect a pent-up resentment of Western powers in general, and defied pleas for restraint from world leaders, including the new Islamist president of Egypt, Mohamed Morsi, whose country was the instigator of the demonstrations that erupted three days earlier on the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The anger stretched from North Africa to South Asia and Indonesia and in some cases was surprisingly destructive. In Tunis, an American-run school that was untouched during the revolution nearly two years ago was completely ransacked. In eastern Afghanistan, protesters burned an effigy of President Obama, who had made an outreach to Muslims a thematic pillar of his first year in office.

The State Department confirmed that protesters had penetrated the perimeters of the American Embassies in the Tunisian and Sudanese capitals, and said that 65 embassies or consulates around the world had issued emergency messages about threats of violence, and that those facilities in Islamic countries were curtailing diplomatic activity. The Pentagon said it sent Marines to protect embassies in Yemen and Sudan.

The wave of unrest not only increased concern in the West but raised new questions about political instability in Egypt, Tunisia and other Middle East countries where newfound freedoms, once suppressed by autocratic leaders, have given way to an absence of authority. The protests also seemed to highlight the unintended consequences of America’s support of movements to overthrow those autocrats, which have empowered Islamist groups that remain implacably hostile to the West.

Read more from this story HERE.

House GOP Passes Budget Including Funding for Planned Parenthood, Obamacare

The Republican-majority House of Representatives on Thursday passed a $1.047 trillion bill funding the federal government through March 2013 that will permit funding for Planned Parenthood and ObamaCare–including the regulation that took effect on Aug. 1 that will require virtually all health plans in the United States to cover, without fees or co-pay, sterilizations and all FDA-approved contraceptives, including those that induce abortions.

The vote was 329-91, and the bill now goes to the Senate for expected approval next week.

The bill funds the government for six months into the new fiscal year and for almost five months after the November elections. Congress turned to the stop-gap measure after failing to pass any of the 12 appropriation bills necessary to fund day-to-day government operations.

The Catholic bishops of the United States have unanimously declared the Obamacare sterilization-contraception-abortifacient regulation an “unjust and illegal mandate” that violates the right to free exercise of religion not only of Catholic institutions but also of Catholic business owners and workers.

The bill, a continuing resolution (CR), does not prohibit funding for either ObamaCare programs or Planned Parenthood. Nor does it stop the government from enforcing regulations, such as the mandate from the Health and Human Services Department that nearly all health insurance plans provide contraceptives, sterilizations, and abortion-inducing drugs free of charge.

Read more from this story HERE.

House GOP Snookers Public Again: “No More Solyndras” Bill Allows $90 Billion of Solyndras

Four groups – Taxpayers for Common Sense, Heritage Foundation, National Taxpayers Union and the Competitive Enterprise Institute – warned today that a number of energy boondoggles would remain in the federal pipeline under the No More Solyndras Act.

While the “No More Solyndras Act” would limit federal loan guarantees for future energy projects, it would allow dozens of major projects already in the federal pipeline to move forward. The four groups are concerned that a number of the “zombie” projects that would be allowed to live could be, in fact, even more costly to taxpayers than the widely publicized Solyndra loan-guarantee failure. So instead of being a fix for what ails the federal loan guarantee program, the No More Solyndras Act would countenance exactly the opposite of what its name suggests: the prospect of more Solyndra-like loan guarantee defaults, on an even larger financial scale.

Ryan Alexander, president, Taxpayers for Common Sense, said:

Despite some merits, ‘The No More Solyndras Act’ has a glaring loophole that should have it redubbed the ‘Even More Solyndras Act.’ The bill protects roughly 50 projects in the pipeline, including one that could cost taxpayers 15 times more than we lost on Solyndra. Lawmakers need to stop the program from putting taxpayers on the hook for billions in loan guarantees instead of passing bait and switch legislation.

Andrew Moylan, vice president, National Taxpayers Union, said:

The ‘No More Solyndras Act’ is an important effort to protect taxpayers against future losses from reckless energy loan guarantees, but it doesn’t do nearly enough to address boondoggles that were approved under the same failed regime that lost over $500 million on the Solyndra bankruptcy. While it takes the vital step of preventing new loan guarantees and improving transparency, Americans could still be on the hook for struggling multi-billion dollar projects. The House should amend the bill to strengthen provisions dealing with loan guarantee applications already in the pipeline to ensure that these ‘zombie’ projects don’t draw any more blood from taxpayers.

William Yeatmen, energy policy analyst, Competitive Enterprise Institute, said:

The No More Solyndras Act has a major flaw. The bill would end the Energy Department’s clean energy bank, which is great and is why we support it, but the fact is it sunsets the program too late to stop most of these subsidies from going out the door. Despite the bill’s weakness, it has engendered bipartisan opposition. These days, unfortunately, it seems that the only thing that both political parties can agree on is the merit of pork barrel politics.

Jack Spencer, senior research fellow, nuclear energy policy, Heritage Foundation, said:

The No More Solyndras Act begins to protect taxpayers from future bad bets the government makes with market-distorting loan guarantees. While setting a definitive end date to the program is important, this will not remedy the problem of loan guarantees still lurking out there. The legislation could be strengthened by ensuring that the risk of any loan that moves ahead is objectively determined and not skewed for or against any technology or project. It’s also important for the legislation to make sure the training wheels come off as soon as possible by requiring that the loan be privately refinanced once the project begins operations. To be clear, however, the federal government needs to get out of the commercial finance business altogether. The bottom line is that there is no set of protections that can make a loan guarantee program good, you can only stop the bleeding. No more Solyndras helps stop the bleeding.

Read more from this story HERE.

Ann Romney Claims She “Walked In” on George Bush

Photo credit: marcn

If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, he won’t be the first commander in chief whom his wife has seen in a compromising position.

During a taping of “Live! With Kelly and Michael,” potential first lady Ann Romney said she once walked in on former President George W. Bush receiving a massage in the White House, according to a pool report.

“We had the unbelievable pleasure of spending the night at the White House and the next morning I was like, exploring everywhere,” Romney said when asked to name the most embarrassing thing she had ever done. “And I was supposed to be at meetings and Mitt was like, ‘Ann, you’re supposed to go,’ and I said ‘No, I’m exploring.’ I went into one door, I was with Anita Perry, by the way. I’ll put blame on her. And Anita and I were like ‘We wonder what’s behind this door?’ It was George Bush having a massage.”

Anita Perry is the wife of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, whom Mitt Romney defeated in the Republican presidential primaries.

“He was covered up,” Ann Romney said. “But I was so embarrassed that the next time I did see him, I didn’t know what I was going to say to him. We were going down the elevator from the White House going to an event together, and I walked up to the elevator and am just blushing, blushing, blushing. And he looks at me and he winks as he does and says, ‘I look pretty good, don’t I?’”

Read more from this story HERE.

US Credit Rating Cut Again

Ratings firm Egan-Jones cut its credit rating on the U.S. government to “AA-” from “AA,” citing its opinion that quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve would hurt the U.S. economy and the country’s credit quality.

The Fed on Thursday said it would pump $40 billion into the U.S. economy each month until it saw a sustained upturn in the weak jobs market.

In its downgrade, the firm said that issuing more currency and depressing interest rates through purchasing mortgage-backed securities does little to raise the U.S.’s real gross domestic product, but reduces the value of the dollar.

In turn, this increases the cost of commodities, which will pressure the profitability of businesses and increase the costs of consumers thereby reducing consumer purchasing power, the firm said.

In April, Egan-Jones cuts the U.S. credit rating to “AA” from “AA+” with a negative watch, citing a lack of progress in cutting the mounting federal debt.

Read more from this story HERE.

Lebanon News: US Ambassador Was Raped Before He Was Killed

[Publisher’s Note: Lebanon News apparently misattributed the rape report to AFP. The Libyan Free Press also reported the rape, but its post is no longer available. The Examiner has recently published two related stories, “Did Hillary Clinton send a gay ambassador to Libya as intentional provocation?” and “Rep. Gohmert nauseated upon hearing reports of what they did to Ambassador Stevens.” Both provide additional information on the ambassador’s death.

Some reports are suggesting that the ambassador died of smoke inhalation in a safe room prior to his capture. However, if you look at the Ambassador’s picture HERE, it appears that the Ambassador could still be alive. Note his left hand being held, without assistance, near his head. His condition in this photo suggests that he has been abused.

Until the autopsy by US authorities is complete (and assuming it’s not scrubbed for political purposes), we may not know with any level of certainty what happened to the ambassador before his murder. Read about this HERE. What follows is the story we originally posted on the ambassador’s murder.]

This report just broke from an Arabic site called “Lebanon News.” The Arabic Lebanon News (Tayyar.org) is the number one Lebanese online news site (ranked number eight of all sites in the nation) and has significant coverage throughout the Arab world.

What follows is the rough Google Translation of the site’s report on the Ambassador’s gruesome murder:

Sources AFP that “the U.S. ambassador to Libya was raped sexually before killing by gunmen who stormed the embassy building in Benghazi last night to protest against the film is offensive to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh),” The sources said that “Ambassador was killed and representation of his body in a manner similar to what happened with Gaddafi, such as murder. ” has reported: kill the U.S. ambassador in Libya Christopher Stevens and three Americans in an attack on Tuesday evening 09/11/2012 the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, also announced Wednesday a senior official at the Interior Ministry Libyan told AFP.

The deputy interior minister and Nice Sharef “kill the ambassador and three other staff members,” said Libyan Deputy Prime Minister Mustafa Abu Hakor killed the U.S. ambassador in its note on his Twitter page.

For his part, President of the Supreme Security Committee in Benghazi Fawzi and Nice that the U.S. ambassador was at the consulate when the attack occurred.

The demonstrators attacked by gunmen on Tuesday evening consulate and fired upon shells by security sources Libyan reported in a first stage for the fall of American lives and wounded during the attack. and condemned U.S. President Barack Obama Wednesday 09/12/2012 strongly “attack infamous” that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three Americans others in the U.S. consulate in the city of Benghazi and ordered to tighten security at diplomatic missions around the world.

Obama said in a statement after the murder of the U.S. ambassador and three employees in a rocket attack on their vehicle in Benghazi “I have asked my department to provide all the necessary resources to ensure our employees in Libya and tighten security at diplomatic missions around the world.”

Here is a related story regarding the Koran-burning pastor from Florida and the phone call he received from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff several days ago concerning the video trailer that allegedly sparked the Egyptian and Libyan violence.