Stats Show Crime Overall In DC Is Falling Despite Violent Assaults Being Up

In Washington, D.C., the number of assaults with a dangerous weapon charges has risen since last year, but the office of U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro says crime is going down overall.

The 2026 Year-to-Date Crime Comparison, released by the Metropolitan Police Department on Aug 10, shows almost every major crime category trending downward over the past year. However, there were 767 “assault with a deadly weapon” (ADW) charges in 2026, up from 545 in 2025, an increase of more than 40 percent.

“We are prosecuting 67 percent more violent crime, including ADWs, than the prior administration,” a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office told the Daily Caller. “Our approach has resulted in almost every major crime category trending downward, other than those that were not accurately reported in recent years.”

U.S. Attorney for Washington, D.C. Jeanine Pirro told DC News Now in May that “They actually took categories of crime like assault with a dangerous weapon and reduced it to reckless endangerment. They took burglary and reduced it to unlawful entry.” Pirro was responding to MPD terminating 13 officers following reports that they were manipulating crime data.

Monday’s numbers came out exactly one year after the Make D.C. Safe and Beautiful Task Force was implemented at the direction of President Donald Trump. U.S. Attorney General Todd Blanche posted to X, “The Department of Justice and our law and our law enforcement partners have made more than 16,000 arrests, taken thousands of illegal drugs and firearms off the streets, and have brought dangerous violent offenders to justice. In just one year, D.C. is safer than it has been in years, and we’re not done yet.”

(Read more from “Stats Show Crime Overall In DC Is Falling Despite Violent Assaults Being Up” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Arrests Made In Brutal Farm Torture As South Africans Plan 3,000-Cross White House Vigil

Three suspects were detained after the brutal torture of a sleeping victim on a farm in South Africa early Saturday morning, as advocates against such farm attacks prepare a vigil to raise awareness in front of the White House in the United States next month.

The men were handed over to South African police after being detained by the private armed security group ECHO-1 Tactical Solutions following a tip detailing the plans of criminals an hour from Pretoria, the group said in a Sunday statement.

Although ECHO-1 said that they allegedly found stolen property with the suspects, they said it was a “challenge” to convince the local police that there had even been a crime.

However, a security member had made a “breakthrough” with one of the suspects, leading them to a farmhouse where they found the victim of torture and a robbery.

“There they found the victim hog-tied on his bed and bleeding profusely,” the statement said. “He was beaten, stabbed and tortured for an hour.”

(Read more from “Arrests Made In Brutal Farm Torture As South Africans Plan 3,000-Cross White House Vigil” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Trump To Sign Groundbreaking Vaccine Executive Order

President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Monday aimed at increasing confidence in the childhood vaccination schedule through greater flexibility for families, according to a fact sheet obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Trump’s recommendations to align the childhood vaccination schedule with “gold standard science” involves three policies. White House officials told the DCNF the new executive order builds on the prior ones in large part because Trump himself will educate the public from the bully pulpit about the changes.

“For a long … and far too long period of time, America has recommended more childhood vaccines than any peer nation and nearly twice as many doses as many European countries,” Trump said at a White House ceremony Monday afternoon. “In many cases we required 72 jabs for our healthy, lovely, delicate little children.”

First, the order better educates states to harmonize their policies with a Health and Human Services (HHS) study finding that America’s 18-disease childhood vaccination schedule is more crowded than those in other high income nations in Europe and Asia. The order grants families greater allowance to space out childhood vaccines into separate medical visits and to separate the combined measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine into three single-disease shots.

Second, the order calls on the HHS Task Force on Safer Childhood Vaccines — first created by a 1986 law but fallen into neglect in 1998 — to generate a report in 90 days on how to implement the EO, including ways the commercial sector can produce individual MMR shots and recommend research studies on how to optimally space out shots. The task force includes the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Read more from “Trump To Sign Executive Order Calling For More Vaccine Flexibility And Research” HERE)

Massive 7.4-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Colombia

The Geological Service of Colombia confirmed a magnitude 7.4 earthquake rocking the country around 7:34 a.m. local time in the western region of Chocó, potentially causing significant damage.

The earthquake has already prompted at least one aftershock recorded at upwards of magnitude four. Locals in Chocó, Cali, and throughout the west of the country had recorded alarming videos of buildings swaying, their windows crashing down and leaving trails of debris on the streets. At press time, however, authorities have not documented any deaths, though local officials in Chocó warned that they expect a high number of casualties.

Colombian seismic authorities typically document about 2,500 earthquakes in the country each year, but most are of negligible intensity and not noticed by the general population.

Dramatic videos of affected areas indicate that some buildings have suffered structural damage although they have not yet fallen. One video shared by the magazine Semana showed significant damage to a military station in Buenaventura.

(Read more from “Massive 7.4-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Colombia” HERE)

Trump Rejects Iran’s Six-Point Ultimatum, Says He Is ‘Now Demanding Compensation’ in ‘All Future Negotiations’

President Donald Trump rejected Iran’s sweeping demands for fully reopening the Strait of Hormuz on Monday, turning Tehran’s call for war reparations back on the regime by declaring that the United States is “now demanding compensation” from Iran in all future negotiations.

“I see that Representatives of the Islamic Republic of Iran are asking for compensation for the damage done to them during the last five month Military Conflict (started because, THEY WILL NOT HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPON), even though it was never mentioned in any of our negotiations or meetings!” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

“But it is an interesting idea because now I am likewise demanding compensation from Iran, for all of the people that they have killed and gravely wounded with their roadside bombs and many conflicts, for which they are famous, as led initially by General Soleimani,” he continued.

Trump cited the families of those killed in the 2000 terrorist bombing of the USS Cole and “thousands of others killed in combat,” while also demanding compensation for the families of Iranians brutally killed by the regime.

“Additionally, compensation should be paid to the families of the hundreds of thousands of innocent protestors that Iran has killed over the last 50 years, not to mention the 52,000 that have been killed in the last five months,” Trump wrote.

(Read more from “Trump Rejects Iran’s Six-Point Ultimatum, Says He Is ‘Now Demanding Compensation’ in ‘All Future Negotiations’” HERE)

CIA Warns Israel Is Seeking To Make Defense Ties With US Hard To Undo, Report Claims

A report possibly linked to the U.S. intelligence community believes Israel seemingly aims to entrench itself in U.S. institutions and more permanently capture American support.

Members of the CIA and other U.S. intelligence officials allegedly wrote an assessment about Israel’s strategy to connect itself to American weapons, industrial, and intelligence programs, a Capital & Empire report claims. The alleged report claimed that public U.S. aid to Israel would gradually be replaced by long-term, institutional relationships through which financial aid could subtly spread between government programs.

The alleged CIA document has yet to be publicly released, and the names of any specific individuals enacting this plan have not been disclosed, Capital & Empire reported.

“I want to draw down the American support to Israel to zero,” Netanyahu told CBS’s Major Garrett in a May 10 “60 Minutes” interview.

The CIA did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.

Israel spent more than $100 million since 2023 on foreign influence, according to a July report by the Quincy Institute referencing Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) filings. (Read more from “CIA Warns Israel Is Seeking To Make Defense Ties With US Hard To Undo, Report Claims” HERE)

Big Food Is Creating ‘Fake’ Health Groups to Confuse Consumers

A top official in the Department of Health and Human Services accused an advocacy group with ties to multiple corporations that produce processed foods of helping attack Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s pro-organic foods pitch.

Secretary Kennedy, who promised special attention to the U.S. food supply, dismissed criticism of the Department of Health and Human Services’s (HHS) handling of the cyclospora outbreak as “invalid” and not linked to reductions in force at the agency, Politico reported Saturday. Singling out a number of critics, HHS senior adviser Calley Means went on to allege in an X post that same day that the Alliance to Stop Foodborne Illness (STOP) is “a fake ‘food borne illness advocacy’ group [funded] to give quotes to media attacking RFK’s ‘real food’ pitch and argue ultraprocessed food is safer.”

STOP, HHS, and Means did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment.

Cyclospora is a parasite which can cause cyclosporiasis — which is characterized by severe diarrhea — in its hosts. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported over 10,000 domestic laboratory-confirmed cases of cyclosporiasis — linked to certain supplies of contaminated iceberg lettuce — since May 1, 2026, in addition to another 12,000 reports which have not been fully evaluated.

“We do have the [cyclospora] outbreak under control,” Kennedy said during a July 21 press conference. “We’ve identified the source of the outbreak. We and the companies that are involved have implemented a recall.” (Read more from “Big Food Is Creating ‘Fake’ Health Groups to Confuse Consumers” HERE)

Trump Ordered by Appeals Court to Stop White House Ballroom Construction

A federal appeals court blocked further construction of President Trump’s planned White House ballroom Friday, ruling that the massive project must first receive congressional approval.

A divided panel of DC circuit judges determined that “Congress has exclusive authority to regulate the construction and demolition of White House structures.”

“We are aware of no instance in American history in which a President unilaterally and using privately collected funds demolished substantial portions of the White House that Congress authorized to be built and American taxpayers paid for. Until now,” wrote judges Patricia Millet and Bradley Garcia in their majority opinion.

“The Constitution’s Property Clause vests Congress with plenary control over all real property that belongs to the United States,” added Millet and Garcia, appointees of Barack Obama and Joe Biden, respectively.

“Congress has not ceded unfettered authority to the Executive Branch to dramatically redesign, reshape, and reconstruct the White House — the People’s House — to fit a particular President’s desires.” (Read more from “Trump Ordered by Appeals Court to Stop White House Ballroom Construction” HERE)

Video: A Woman and Infant Dead After Boat Loaded With 14 Passengers Capsizes Near the Statue of Liberty

A woman and an infant are dead after a 22 -foot-boat loaded with 14 people capsized in the New York Harbor near the Statue of Liberty late Saturday night.

Authorities have not officially said the 22-foot bowrider-style pleasure boat was overloaded, but manufacturers typically rate that style and size of vessel at a maximum of ten passengers.

The two victims were among 14 people who had to be retrieved by first responders from the dark waters after the vessel foundered around 10:25 p.m., local news outlets reported.

The dead child was five months old, sources told the New York Post.

“No. Why? Why? No.” a loved one of the victims could be heard yelling in horror at NYU Langone Hospital Brooklyn, where many of the victims had been taken, according to the tabloid’s coverage. (Read more from “Video: A Woman and Infant Dead After Boat Loaded With 14 Passengers Capsizes Near the Statue of Liberty” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Israel ‘Rejects’ Trump’s 15-point Peace Plan for Gaza, Netanyahu Says

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has fully rejected the 15-point plan to disarm Hamas after President Trump announced a breakthrough last week, in which his Board of Peace announced a deal with the terror group.

Trump claimed last month that his panel cut a deal with Hamas for the terror group to disarm in exchange for Israel withdrawing from the Gaza Strip, but Netanyahu voiced skepticism about its sincerity.

“I want to be precise here: Israel rejects the 15-point document,” Netanyahu said at a weekend cabinet meeting.

Netanyahu declared that Israel will “not withdraw at all until Hamas is genuinely disarmed and will continue to thwart threats against our forces and citizens.”

“We are now discussing this with the Americans,” the Israeli leader said. “They have ideas, some of which are acceptable to us and some are not, and we know how to stand up to those things.” (Read more from “Israel ‘Rejects’ Trump’s 15-point Peace Plan for Gaza, Netanyahu Says” HERE)