Trump on Potential Emergency Declaration for Midterms: ‘Stranger Things Have Happened’

President Donald Trump said that “stranger things have happened” when it was suggested that he could declare a national security emergency for elections on Tuesday.

During an interview that aired on Real America Voice’s America Speaks, Wayne Allyn Root posed the idea of declaring a national security emergency for the midterm elections, which Root said would allow for voter identification requirements at the ballot box.

Root pointed to the 1983 Supreme Court ruling of Immigration and Naturalization Service v. Chadha as the reason the president would have the right to declare a national emergency:

Because it’s so hard to get the Senate to do anything— now they’re on recess; they don’t get anything done—if they never get the Save America Act done, you have the right to declare a national security emergency for elections. And the Supreme Court ruled in 1983 under Reagan, INS versus Chadha, that if you declare a national security emergency as the president of the United States, they can’t challenge it. It can only be overturned by a two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress. So if you do this in the next month, we will get photo ID, proof of citizenship and a limit to mail-in ballots.

Trump’s response was brief but noteworthy. (Read more from “Trump on Potential Emergency Declaration for Midterms: ‘Stranger Things Have Happened’” HERE)

Weed Is Now America’s Most Commonly Used Drug, And The Reason Why May Be Worse Than You Think

Cannabis-related hospitalizations are climbing as more young Americans appear to be embracing it to cope with how they perceive the state of the world.

Emergency room visits for cannabis hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) — cyclical vomiting caused by frequent cannabis use — rose roughly 16% from Oct. 2025 through May 2026, according to a Thursday report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The report comes after the 2025 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) found that approximately 21.4 million people in the U.S. use cannabis daily or near-daily, surpassing the consumption frequencies of roughly 19.9 million cigarette smokers and 17.2 million alcohol drinkers.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main compound within cannabis plants which triggers “highs.” Marijuana is a part of the plant with significantly higher concentrations of THC than others. Approximately 33.7% of marijuana users are between the ages of 18-25, according to the SAMHSA’s recent survey.

Multiple studies show that many young people turn to THC to self-medicate for anxiety and depression.

Thirty-four percent of Zoomers, the group of people — also referred to as “Generation Z” — born between 1997 and 2012, reported taking prescription medication for their mental health as of May 2025, whereas 19% reported self-medicating, according to a Harmony Healthcare IT study published in July. (Read more from “Weed Is Now America’s Most Commonly Used Drug, And The Reason Why May Be Worse Than You Think” HERE)

Sudden Death of California Law Student Studying Abroad Linked to Popular Weight Loss Shot

The sudden death of a California law student, who was found in her London dorm room, has been linked to a popular weight loss drug, an inquest heard.

Josephine Nasr, 19, died of a cardiac arrhythmia in her room at the University of East London in September 2025, an East London Coroner’s Court heard last week, the Daily Mail reported.

The second-year law student studying abroad had been prescribed Tirzepatide by her doctor in California, and an empty vial of the popular weight loss drug was discovered by university staff who found her on Sept. 23, 2025, the outlet reported. . .

The 19-year-old had told her father, George Nasr, her mother Lorin Mansour, and her sister, Anastasia Nasr, that she was feeling nauseous and had been vomiting around 8:30 p.m. that evening, the Mail reported.

Anastasia Nasr, who was concerned her sister was becoming dehydrated from the vomiting, called a private healthcare provider so the college student could get IV fluids, the inquest heard.

But after Josephine Nasr stopped answering, the concerned sibling called the university to do a welfare check — with security staff and a nurse discovering her lying on the bathroom floor. (Read more from “Sudden Death of California Law Student Studying Abroad Linked to Popular Weight Loss Shot” HERE)

Damning Fauci Texts Revealed: Admits Second Coronavirus Jab ‘Theoretically Could Be Associated with Miscarriage’

The second coronavirus jab could be theoretically associated with miscarriage in the first trimester, Anthony Fauci admitted in a text on his government-issued cellphone, released by U.S. Sens. Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Rand Paul (R-KY). Yet, this information was not openly offered to the general public as public health officials actively urged pregnant women to get the vaccine.

According to the senators, the government-issued phone contains over 34,000 text messages and 522 voicemails, and they are currently unable to tell if data has been deleted from the device. Most of the numbers on the phone do not have formal contact names. In fact, only three exist on the phone.

While the lawmakers and their staff are combing through the trove of messages on the phone, they released a text chain on Monday, giving Americans a snippet of what is to come.

This particular text chain released by the senators shows a conversation between Fauci, former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director Rochelle Walensky, and former U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy. The conversation, which centered around pregnant women taking the coronavirus vaccine pushed on the American public, took place January 25-26, 2021.

One text shows Murthy asking for any data or theoretical reason why vaccinating early versus later in pregnancy would be preferred. He admitted he had been telling pregnant women that there “hasn’t been evidence of concerning adverse outcomes in the trials,” although he admitted the number of pregnant subjects were “likely” limited. (Read more from “Damning Fauci Texts Revealed: Admits Second Coronavirus Jab ‘Theoretically Could Be Associated with Miscarriage’” HERE)

Over 500 Jurisdictions Ban Data Center Construction, Threatening US’ Pole Position in AI Race

Over 500 jurisdictions across the US are slamming the brakes on construction of massive data centers, threatening the US’ position in the AI race against countries like China.

More than 150 localities passed bans last month alone, as tech giants and developers face a tsunami of opposition from local Luddites, news site The Information found.

Over the summer, activists protested from Fredericksburg, Va., to Tyler, Texas, and beyond to voice their opposition to planned data centers. They cited concerns like the environmental impact and energy consumption of the gargantuan sites.

“There’s a pretty strong sense that local people want to oppose these and part of it is the tech bros are forcing AI on us,” Paul Triolo, a partner at consulting firm DGA-Albright Stonebridge Group, told The Post. . .

The backlash is not confined to the local level, and two states have pushed back against data center growth. New York Gov. Hochul, a Dem, enacted a one-year moratorium on new data centers. Texas is taking a less strict approach, with Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, implementing a pause so state agencies can audit projects. There is no end date for the hiatus. (Read more from “Over 500 Jurisdictions Ban Data Center Construction, Threatening US’ Pole Position in AI Race” HERE)

Researchers Crack Open ‘Garlic-Shaped Bottle’ Hiding Rare Surprise from 2,200 Years Ago

Researchers in China recently uncovered a very unusual find: a large bottle containing an alcoholic drink buried for more than 2,200 years.

The ancient alcohol was found sealed in a bronze vessel in a Qin tomb at the Shanjiabao cemetery in China’s Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. The findings were published in the June issue of the Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports.

The tomb dates to the Warring States period (475-221 B.C.), a turbulent era of rival kingdoms before China’s first unification.

The preserved liquid was determined to be an ancient cereal-based alcoholic beverage, a fermented grain drink sometimes loosely described as “beer.”

Unlike other recent discoveries in which archaeologists found only residue from ancient drinks, the bottle contained an impressive 3,740 milliliters, or 3.74 liters, of preserved liquid.

The researchers were surprised when they encountered the liquid, said Ruru Chen, a researcher at Northwest University’s School of Cultural Heritage in Xi’an, China. (Read more from “Researchers Crack Open ‘Garlic-Shaped Bottle’ Hiding Rare Surprise from 2,200 Years Ago” HERE)

Stats Show Crime Overall In DC Is Falling Despite Violent Assaults Being Up

In Washington, D.C., the number of assaults with a dangerous weapon charges has risen since last year, but the office of U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro says crime is going down overall.

The 2026 Year-to-Date Crime Comparison, released by the Metropolitan Police Department on Aug 10, shows almost every major crime category trending downward over the past year. However, there were 767 “assault with a deadly weapon” (ADW) charges in 2026, up from 545 in 2025, an increase of more than 40 percent.

“We are prosecuting 67 percent more violent crime, including ADWs, than the prior administration,” a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office told the Daily Caller. “Our approach has resulted in almost every major crime category trending downward, other than those that were not accurately reported in recent years.”

U.S. Attorney for Washington, D.C. Jeanine Pirro told DC News Now in May that “They actually took categories of crime like assault with a dangerous weapon and reduced it to reckless endangerment. They took burglary and reduced it to unlawful entry.” Pirro was responding to MPD terminating 13 officers following reports that they were manipulating crime data.

Monday’s numbers came out exactly one year after the Make D.C. Safe and Beautiful Task Force was implemented at the direction of President Donald Trump. U.S. Attorney General Todd Blanche posted to X, “The Department of Justice and our law and our law enforcement partners have made more than 16,000 arrests, taken thousands of illegal drugs and firearms off the streets, and have brought dangerous violent offenders to justice. In just one year, D.C. is safer than it has been in years, and we’re not done yet.”

(Read more from “Stats Show Crime Overall In DC Is Falling Despite Violent Assaults Being Up” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Arrests Made In Brutal Farm Torture As South Africans Plan 3,000-Cross White House Vigil

Three suspects were detained after the brutal torture of a sleeping victim on a farm in South Africa early Saturday morning, as advocates against such farm attacks prepare a vigil to raise awareness in front of the White House in the United States next month.

The men were handed over to South African police after being detained by the private armed security group ECHO-1 Tactical Solutions following a tip detailing the plans of criminals an hour from Pretoria, the group said in a Sunday statement.

Although ECHO-1 said that they allegedly found stolen property with the suspects, they said it was a “challenge” to convince the local police that there had even been a crime.

However, a security member had made a “breakthrough” with one of the suspects, leading them to a farmhouse where they found the victim of torture and a robbery.

“There they found the victim hog-tied on his bed and bleeding profusely,” the statement said. “He was beaten, stabbed and tortured for an hour.”

(Read more from “Arrests Made In Brutal Farm Torture As South Africans Plan 3,000-Cross White House Vigil” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Trump To Sign Groundbreaking Vaccine Executive Order

President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Monday aimed at increasing confidence in the childhood vaccination schedule through greater flexibility for families, according to a fact sheet obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Trump’s recommendations to align the childhood vaccination schedule with “gold standard science” involves three policies. White House officials told the DCNF the new executive order builds on the prior ones in large part because Trump himself will educate the public from the bully pulpit about the changes.

“For a long … and far too long period of time, America has recommended more childhood vaccines than any peer nation and nearly twice as many doses as many European countries,” Trump said at a White House ceremony Monday afternoon. “In many cases we required 72 jabs for our healthy, lovely, delicate little children.”

First, the order better educates states to harmonize their policies with a Health and Human Services (HHS) study finding that America’s 18-disease childhood vaccination schedule is more crowded than those in other high income nations in Europe and Asia. The order grants families greater allowance to space out childhood vaccines into separate medical visits and to separate the combined measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine into three single-disease shots.

Second, the order calls on the HHS Task Force on Safer Childhood Vaccines — first created by a 1986 law but fallen into neglect in 1998 — to generate a report in 90 days on how to implement the EO, including ways the commercial sector can produce individual MMR shots and recommend research studies on how to optimally space out shots. The task force includes the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Read more from “Trump To Sign Executive Order Calling For More Vaccine Flexibility And Research” HERE)

Massive 7.4-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Colombia

The Geological Service of Colombia confirmed a magnitude 7.4 earthquake rocking the country around 7:34 a.m. local time in the western region of Chocó, potentially causing significant damage.

The earthquake has already prompted at least one aftershock recorded at upwards of magnitude four. Locals in Chocó, Cali, and throughout the west of the country had recorded alarming videos of buildings swaying, their windows crashing down and leaving trails of debris on the streets. At press time, however, authorities have not documented any deaths, though local officials in Chocó warned that they expect a high number of casualties.

Colombian seismic authorities typically document about 2,500 earthquakes in the country each year, but most are of negligible intensity and not noticed by the general population.

Dramatic videos of affected areas indicate that some buildings have suffered structural damage although they have not yet fallen. One video shared by the magazine Semana showed significant damage to a military station in Buenaventura.

(Read more from “Massive 7.4-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Colombia” HERE)