Neuralink’s First Brain Implant Chip Patient Said He Was Assured No Monkeys Died During Trials Despite Some Suffering, Dying

Nolan Arbaugh, a 29-year-old who is paralyzed from the neck down after a diving accident, has made headlines in recent weeks for being the first human to have Elon Musk’s Neuralink implant chip inserted into his brain.

While the company has reportedly reached a major milestone in the development of digital devices that could help human cognition, there are serious concerns about the safety of the technology. One of the most pivotal concerns is how the technology is being used on animals during trials.

Neuralink has faced backlash after reports noted that monkeys had been dying or needing to be medically put to death after various testing phases of the brain implant chip. Benzinga reported that the “primates were part of experiments designed to assess the ability of Neuralink’s brain chips to enable control of technology through thought alone.”

Due to the alleged high mortality rates of monkeys, ethical questions have been raised about the development of the brain chip.

It appears Arbaugh was aware of the negative press Neuralink received before ultimately agreeing to move forward with the implant. “I read a lot of the negative stuff about this before the surgery — about all the terrible things that [the company was] putting the monkeys through and how awful it was, monkeys like picking out their implant and rubbing it on the ground and all sorts of stuff,” he said.

(Read more from “Neuralink’s First Brain Implant Chip Patient Said He Was Assured No Monkeys Died During Trials Despite Some Suffering, Dying” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Ukraine Recklessly Detonates Drone Against Reactor Dome at Russian-Occupied Nuclear Power Plant

Ukrainian forces detonated a drone against the dome covering a shut-down nuclear reactor at the massive Russian-occupied power plant in southeast Ukraine on Sunday, according to Kremlin and international energy officials.

The International Atomic Energy Agency said the unmanned device exploded against the dome above one of six reactors at the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, which is the largest in all of Europe.

The damage was reported by the Russian-installed administration, which was placed on site after Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

The Russian staff claimed there was no serious damage to the reactor, with radiation levels remaining normal.

The Russian-run plant said the Ukrainian strike “attacked the dome” of the building housing Reactor No. 6, which is currently in cold shutdown along with three other reactors. (Read more from “Ukraine Recklessly Detonates Drone Against Reactor Dome at Russian-Occupied Nuclear Power Plant” HERE)

Biden Went to the Mat for Young Voters on Student Loans. Now They’re Abandoning Him

President Joe Biden has made student loan forgiveness a top priority after young voters elected him by large margins in 2020. Ahead of another matchup with former President Donald Trump, the voting bloc might just abandon him, anyway.

Despite Biden’s continued efforts to cancel massive amounts of student loans for millions of Americans, along with various other left-wing policy achievements, polling indicates his lead among young voters has dropped significantly since last cycle. The loss in support is partially attributable to Biden’s support of Israel following the Oct. 7 Hamas terrorist attack, as young individuals largely express support for Palestinians in Gaza, several Democratic pollsters and strategists told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“He’s doing all the right things that you would think that young voters would flock to, but unfortunately, they haven’t been able to put that message out there in the community,” Adolph Mongo, a Democratic strategist based in Michigan, told the DCNF. “Well, you’ve done eight things, but this ninth thing is unforgiven. And you put your arm around this war monger in Israel, and then, you know, you can’t unwrap yourself from him.”

Biden has already forgiven billions of dollars worth of student loans for more than 3.6 million Americans, according to the White House. (Read more from “Biden Went to the Mat for Young Voters on Student Loans. Now They’re Abandoning Him” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Flight Forced to Make Emergency Landing After Engine Cover Rips Off

A Southwest Airlines flight headed from Denver, CO, to Houston, TX, had to make an emergency landing on Sunday after the cover ripped off one of the plane’s engines, striking the wing flap.

Pilots on the Boeing 737-800 informed air traffic control at the Denver International Airport that “several passengers and flight attendants heard something loud hit the wing,” after which the plane was cleared to make a safe emergency landing.

Video of the moment the engine cover ripped away made the rounds on X on Sunday.

ABC News transportation reporter Sam Sweeney shared one clip, commenting, “Scary moments for passengers on a Southwest flight from Denver to Houston when the engine cover ripped off during flight, forcing the plane to return to Denver Sunday morning.”

(Read more from “Flight Forced to Make Emergency Landing After Engine Cover Rips Off” HERE)

Biden to Force Jewish-Made Products From Israel to Be Labeled: Report

President Joe Biden is reportedly preparing to force Jewish made products from Judea and Samaria to be clearly labeled so consumers know where the products are from — a clear sign that the administration wants to enable boycotts.

The Financial Times reported that the timing of the new policy is unknown at this point and that it is designed to “increase pressure on Israel” over what Palestinians claim is violence from Israelis who live in Judea and Samaria.

The report said that the move from the administration would reverse a policy enacted by President Donald Trump that required goods made in Judea and Samaria to be labeled as “Made in Israel.”

The Biden administration late last month refused to block a U.N. resolution calling for a ceasefire in Israel’s war against the Hamas terrorists who murdered 1,200 people on October 7. Thousands more were injured and hundreds were taken hostage, including many Americans.

Many expressed outrage over the move from Biden, noting that it was close to a full-on endorsement of the global anti-Semitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions campaign to that was created to destroy the state of Israel. (Read more from “Biden to Force Jewish-Made Products From Israel to Be Labeled: Report” HERE)

Texas Couple Arrested for Horrifying Charges of Child Pornography and Bestiality

In a shocking revelation, a couple residing in Montgomery County, Texas, has been apprehended by law enforcement on disturbing charges involving child pornography and bestiality. The incident unfolded on March 13, when authorities responded to alarming reports at an HEB grocery store. According to sources, the suspect identified as William Mitchell Keen was reportedly observed following children within the store premises and engaging in lewd behavior.

As reported by San Angelo Live, Constable Ryan Gable’s detectives led a meticulous investigation following the apprehension. Subsequently, additional charges of Indecency with a Child by Exposure were brought against William Keen, with multiple young victims identified during the inquiry.

However, the investigation took a darker turn when a search warrant executed on Keen’s phone unearthed a trove of deeply disturbing content. Shockingly, the digital evidence implicated Joely Keen, William’s spouse, in acts of bestiality involving the couple’s Great Dane.

Authorities swiftly moved to execute arrest warrants for both individuals and to search their residence on March 27. William Keen now faces charges related to possession of child pornography and indecency with a child by exposure, while his wife, Joely Keen, stands accused of bestiality.

Further complicating the matter, the couple’s two children, aged 18 and 10, were removed from the home and are currently under the care of relatives. The Daily Mail reported that Mitchell, a former US Navy sailor, and Joely, a family nurse, have been released on bail. Despite their release, the gravity of the accusations casts a dark shadow over their lives.

IDF Withdraws Forces From Gaza, Sparking Concerns of New Invasion

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced Sunday that it withdrew troops from Southern Gaza, saying that it had “concluded its mission” in Khan Younis.”

The Israeli military said that its forces were leaving the Gaza Strip to “recuperate and prepare for future operations,” prompting Hamas terrorists to declare victory.

The IDF said that it will leave one brigade open in Gaza which will allow the Israeli military to have access to return as necessary.

“A significant force led by the 162nd division and the Nahal brigade continues to operate in the Gaza strip, and will preserve the IDF’s freedom of action and its ability to conduct precise intelligence-based operations,” the IDF said in a statement. (Read more from “IDF Withdraws Forces From Gaza, Sparking Concerns of New Invasion” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Trump Fundraiser Outpaces Biden’s by Massive Amount in Just One Night

Former President Donald Trump smashed fundraising numbers in just one night, bringing in tens of millions of dollars during an exclusive campaign fundraising event.

The Trump campaign and Republican National Committee (RNC) blew President Joe Biden out of the water on Saturday after raking in more than $50.5 million during a dinner in Palm Beach.

Trump not only broke “every fundraising record in history for a Republican or Democrat,” he significantly beat Biden’s mere $26 million that he brought in during a celebrity and Democrat-packed New York City fundraiser last month.

“Tonight will be an incredible night for President Trump and the Republican Party, raising an astounding $50.5 million,” Trump campaign senior advisors Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles said in a statement. “Meanwhile, after locking up the nomination in one of the fastest primaries in modern political history, Donald J. Trump is winning poll after poll and proving that the enthusiasm is on his side. It’s clearer than ever that we have the message, the operation, and the money to propel President Trump to victory on November 5.” (Read more from “Trump Fundraiser Outpaces Biden’s by Massive Amount in Just One Night” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Study Reveals Most Gender-Confused Kids Simply ‘Grow Out of It’

A groundbreaking 15-year study conducted in the Netherlands has confirmed that a significant majority of children experiencing gender confusion ultimately outgrow these feelings if left untreated.

The research, tracking over 2,700 children from ages 11 to their mid-twenties, found that while around 11% of participants initially expressed gender non-contentedness, only 4% continued to experience such feelings by age 25.

Published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, the study emphasized the normalcy of questioning one’s identity during adolescence. Lead researcher Dr. Thomas Steensma from the University of Groningen highlighted that gender non-contentedness tends to decrease with age and is often associated with poorer mental health and self-concept.

Contrary to aggressive pushes for early medical interventions promoted by some, including the Biden administration, experts caution against hasty measures. Patrick Brown from the Ethics and Public Policy Center warned against rushing towards permanent surgeries or hormone therapies for teenagers grappling with their identities. More from the study [via Daily Mail]:

The researchers concluded: ‘The results of the current study might help adolescents to realize that it is normal to have some doubts about one’s identity and one’s gender identity during this age period and that this is also relatively common.’

. . .

It comes amid a massive boom in transgender children receiving drugs to change their gender in the US – as critics say doctors and parents are not challenging young people enough.

Patrick Brown, a fellow at the conservative Ethics and Public Policy Center who was not involved in the research, told DailyMail.com: ‘This study provides even more reason to be skeptical towards aggressive steps to facilitate gender transition in childhood and adolescence.

‘The fact that rates of satisfaction are lower even just a few years later suggests that for the vast majority of people, prudence and caution, rather than a rush towards permanent surgeries or hormone therapies, will be the best approach for teenagers struggling to make sense of the world and their place in it.

The study also challenges the narrative perpetuated by transgender activists, who advocate for aggressive medical interventions, including surgical mutilations, from an early age. Dr. Jay Richards from the Richard and Helen DeVos Center for Life, Religion, and Family pointed out that the vast majority of gender-dysphoric children ultimately “desist” during puberty, with up to 98% of boys and 88% of girls resolving their distress.

Despite growing awareness of these findings, the proliferation of transgender ideology continues to impact policy decisions. The Biden administration’s promotion of transgender rights has led to a surge in diagnoses and treatments for gender dysphoria among children.

Marvel Courts Controversy Again by Casting Woman in Typically Male ‘Fantastic Four’ Role

Marvel and Disney are once again courting controversy by casting a female actress to take on the typically male “Fantastic Four” role of the Silver Surfer in the upcoming reboot.

Actress Julia Garner has been picked to play a female version of the iconic comic book character and Herald of Galactus, Deadline magazine reported. Sources told the outlet that the Emmy-winning “Ozark” star will play the Shalla-Bal version of the Silver Surfer from the comics.

Bounding Into Comics reported that Marvel Studios dived deep into the comic book lore to find justification to not use the Norrin-Radd version of the comic book hero played by a male.

In 1968, in an issue titled “Silver Surfer Vol. 1,” Shalla-Bal is depicted as the Silver Surfer’s love interest. For the next fifty years, her role is just that, a supporting one. Then in 1997, her character is part of the final two issues of “Earth X” when she’s briefly granted her lover’s super powers so she could stop an invading force, the Blaze noted.

(Read more from “Marvel Courts Controversy Again by Casting Woman in Typically Male ‘Fantastic Four’ Role” HERE)