RFK Jr. Undercuts Democrats on January 6: ‘Little Evidence of a True Insurrection’

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. issued a statement on the January 6 prosecutions Friday, saying that while violent rioters deserved to be punished, many prosecutions of non-violent protesters were excessive.

Kennedy’s statement undercuts the Democratic Party’s effort to portray the 2024 election as a “defense of democracy” and a referendum on the so-called “insurrection,” which Democrats blame on former President Donald Trump.

Kennedy’s statement reads as follows:

January 6 is one of the most polarizing topics on the political landscape. I am listening to people of diverse viewpoints on it in order to make sense of the event and what followed. I want to hear every side.

It is quite clear that many of the January 6 protestors broke the law in what may have started as a protest but turned into a riot. Because it happened with the encouragement of President Trump, and in the context of his delusion that the election was stolen from him, many people see it not as a riot but as an insurrection.

I have not examined the evidence in detail, but reasonable people, including Trump opponents, tell me there is little evidence of a true insurrection. They observe that the protestors carried no weapons, had no plans or ability to seize the reins of government, and that Trump himself had urged them to protest “peacefully.”

(Read more from “RFK Jr. Undercuts Democrats on January 6: ‘Little Evidence of a True Insurrection’” HERE)

99 Cents Only Stores Closing All Locations, Cites Inflation

All 371 locations of the 99 Cents Only stores are shutting down, with company executives blaming the “difficult” decision on such causes as “inflationary pressures.”

The company, which opened its first location in 1982, boasts of having the “lowest price guaranteed” on its website. That claim is soon to be no more, with the operators announcing Thursday that liquidation sales will begin Friday.

An official press release said an “orderly wind-down of its business operations” is starting after entering a plea agreement with Hilco Global “to, among other things, liquidate all merchandise owned by the Company and dispose of certain fixtures, furnishings, and equipment at the Company’s stores.”

The hundreds of stores will begin selling all of their remaining items and equipment before the real estate itself is sold by Hilco Real Estate.

The company’s locations span across Arizona, California, Nevada, and Texas. (Read more from “99 Cents Only Stores Closing All Locations, Cites Inflation” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

4 Students Took Turns Forcibly Penetrating 3rd-Grade Girl in Restroom, Blocked Her Escape, Got 1-Day Suspensions: Lawsuit

A lawsuit claims four students took turns forcibly penetrating a third-grade girl in a restroom stall, blocked her escape, and received one-day suspensions, OregonLive reported.

The lawsuit claims employees of both Portland Public Schools and a Multnomah County-sponsored after-school program operated by nonprofit Latino Network failed to protect the girl — who was 9 at the time — from being sexually assaulted, the outlet noted.

The girl’s family filed the lawsuit in Multnomah County Circuit Court last month; it seeks up to $9 million in damages on grounds including negligence, lack of oversight, and failure to protect a vulnerable person from abuse, OregonLive said.

The lawsuit alleges that when the student was in third grade at Scott Elementary in northeast Portland in 2022, one of her classmates touched her genitals over her clothing without her permission during a class a district educator was overseeing, the outlet said.

In a separate incident that same school year, the suit states that another student tried to kiss the girl without her permission, and she hit him to protect herself, OregonLive reported. (Read more from “4 Students Took Turns Forcibly Penetrating 3rd-Grade Girl in Restroom, Blocked Her Escape, Got 1-Day Suspensions: Lawsuit” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Newspaper Owner Sues Small Kansas City, Police Department for Raiding His Home and Office: ‘Illegal as Hell’

The owner of a small newspaper in Marion, Kansas, a city of fewer than 2,000 residents, is suing his city and local police department, among other defendants, after officers conducted a raid on his home and newspaper office last summer.

On Monday, Eric Meyer, owner of the Marion County Record, filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Kansas, claiming that various public figures, in their official and personal capacities, violated his First and Fourth Amendment rights when they searched his home and office in August 2023. During those raids, investigators apparently seized computers, servers, hard drives, and even personal cell phones belonging to reporters, as Blaze News previously reported.

The raids on Meyer’s home and office related to Kari Newell, a prominent Marion businesswoman who was seeking a liquor license for her restaurant. However, Meyer had received a tip that Newell had been illegally driving on a suspended license after a previous DUI conviction, information that likely would have put Newell’s liquor license request in jeopardy.

Though Meyer’s paper, the Marion County Record, never ran a story about Newell’s past, Meyer did contact then-Marion Police Chief Gideon Cody and Marion County Sheriff Jeff Soyez to say that he would investigate whether local law enforcement had knowingly permitted Newell to drive on a suspended license.

Newell, who had also recently asked Meyer and another Record reporter to leave her coffee shop during an event for a Republican congressman, later accused Meyer of obtaining her private information in an “illegal” manner. (Read more from “Newspaper Owner Sues Small Kansas City, Police Department for Raiding His Home and Office: ‘Illegal as Hell’” HERE)

You Will Never Guess What This Senate Hopeful Blamed for East Coast Earthquake

A candidate running for Senate in New Jersey attributed Friday’s east coast earthquake to climate change.

Christina Khalil, who is running for a Senate seat in New Jersey as a member of the Green Party, blamed the “climate crisis” for the unusual magnitude 4.8 earthquake that struck her state and several others bordering it on Friday. Khalil is hoping to take the seat currently occupied by longtime Democratic New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez, who now faces numerous charges related to alleged bribery schemes involving Qatar and Egypt. . .

While Khalil suggests that climate change is responsible for the tremor, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) rejects that there is any connection between climate conditions and seismic activity.

“With the advent of seismology — the study of earthquakes — we now know that most quakes are caused by tectonic processes — forces within the solid Earth that drive changes in the structure of Earth’s crust, primarily the rupture of underground rock masses along faults,” according to Alan Buis of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. “We also know that most earthquakes occur far beneath Earth’s surface, well beyond the influence of surface temperatures and conditions. Finally, we know the statistical distribution of earthquakes is approximately equal across all types of weather conditions. Myth busted.” (Read more from “You Will Never Guess What This Senate Hopeful Blamed for East Coast Earthquake” HERE)

Trump Takes Massive Lead Over Biden, Sending Democrats Into a Downward Spiral of Worry (VIDEO)

By Townhall. It may be a little too soon to start popping the champagne bottles, but with less than seven months until the 2024 presidential election, things are looking good for former President Donald Trump.

A recent Rasmussen poll found that Trump holds an eight-point lead over President Joe Biden— whose campaign is like looking down a black hole of nothing.

Currently, Trump has secured 49 percent of support, while Biden sits at just 41 percent.

Recent polls are forcing Democrats to face reality, admitting that they are prepared to lose in the November election.

Democrat fundraiser John Morgan admitted that he is nervous voters won’t come through for Biden as Trump continues to gain steam in the race. (Read more from “Trump Takes Massive Lead Over Biden, Sending Democrats Into a Downward Spiral of Worry” HERE)

______________________________________________

CNN Guest Fact-Checks Wolf Blitzer in Real Time for Pushing Biden Narrative About Trump’s Words: ‘I Listened to the Tape’

By The Blaze. Republican Scott Jennings called out CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday for taking Donald Trump’s remarks about immigrants out of context.

On Tuesday, the Biden campaign posted a seven-second clip of remarks Trump made during a stop in Michigan, ripping the comments out of their context to misrepresent what Trump was saying. The campaign made it appear as if Trump had described all immigrants as “animals.” . . .

“Isn’t that brutal? Shouldn’t people be condemning that?” Blitzer asked.

Jennings not only answered the question, but he informed Blitzer that he was misrepresenting Trump’s remarks.

“I listened to the entire tape. He was specifically talking about the person who murdered Laken Riley in Georgia,” Jennings pointed out. (Read more from “CNN Guest Fact-Checks Wolf Blitzer in Real Time for Pushing Biden Narrative About Trump’s Words: ‘I Listened to the Tape'” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Biden Moves to Block Trump, Future Presidents From Firing Deep State Bureaucrats

President Biden finalized new civil service protections on Thursday aimed at preventing the sort of bureaucratic housecleaning that former President Donald Trump plans, should he win reelection.

At stake are potentially tens of thousands of policymaking jobs across the government and the ability to have them follow the president’s direction or face firing.

That has become a top goal of Republicans after the deep state thwarted or watered down many of Mr. Trump’s initiatives. It also has become a chief fear of Democrats.

Mr. Biden said his rules would insulate employees from such political pressure by making it tougher to reclassify their jobs and then fire them.

“Day in and day out, career civil servants provide the expertise and continuity necessary for our democracy to function,” Mr. Biden said. “This rule is a step toward combatting corruption and partisan interference to ensure civil servants are able to focus on the most important task at hand: delivering for the American people.” (Read more from “Biden Moves to Block Trump, Future Presidents From Firing Deep State Bureaucrats” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Judge Rules on Trump Documents Case and Calls Jack Smith’s Demand ‘Unjust’

A Florida federal judge denied a bid by former President Donald Trump to dismiss his classified documents case on the grounds that his actions were permitted under the Presidential Records Act.

Trump’s attorneys had moved to dismiss the case on those grounds, writing in a February filing that the PRA granted “unreviewable discretion on President Trump to designate the records at issue as personal.” While U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon did not grant Trump’s motion to dismiss the case on PRA grounds, she left open the possibility for Trump to raise the argument if a trial ever takes place.

Cannon also pushed back on special counsel Jack Smith‘s ‘demand’ that she make a final ruling on whether the PRA theory can be used at trial, in the event prosecutors seek to appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. Cannon said that demand was “unprecedented and unjust.” . . .

The first 32 counts in Smith’s indictment “make no reference to the Presidential Records Act, nor do they rely on that statute for purposes of stating an offense,” the judge wrote in a three-page order. As for the remaining counts against Trump tacked on in a superseding indictment that alleged efforts to obstruct a federal investigation, she wrote, “They too track the applicable statutory language and essential elements of the charged crimes.”

The decision comes just two days after both parties submitted their responses to Cannon’s proposed jury instructions based on competing interpretations of two laws relevant in the case. (Read more from “Judge Rules on Trump Documents Case and Calls Jack Smith’s Demand ‘Unjust’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Biden FDA to Drop Ban on Sperm Donations From Gay and Bisexual Men

The FDA is set to axe its ban on gay and bisexual men donating sperm, it has been revealed.

Under the current rule, men who have had sex with men within the last five years are blocked from anonymously donating sperm amid fears of HIV infection.

But the agency is now seeking to scrap the blanket ban, and replace it with screening questions that assess a donor’s risk of carrying HIV or other infections. . .

The Wall Street Journal revealed the news, and said the FDA was planning to finalize its proposal by the summer. If approved by the White House, it could go into effect before the end of this year. . .

The shift comes the year after the FDA permitted gay and bisexual men to give blood – after a long ban due to concerns about HIV. (Read more from “Biden FDA to Drop Ban on Sperm Donations From Gay and Bisexual Men” HERE)

Look Who Wants Jail for Woman Who Found Ashley Biden’s Perverted Diary

The Joe Biden Department of Justice is demanding jail time for another defendant who was caught up a Biden family scandal – that of diary revelations about Joe Biden “showering” with his young daughter, in a “probably not appropriate” scenario.

It’s just one of the many scandals embroiling the Biden family, from a scheme to peddle influence to foreign enemies to a failure to pay taxes to an apparent lie on a federal form required to purchase a handgun. . .

Now a report in Twitchy reveals Joe Biden’s DOJ is sounding off in a case against a woman who took a diary that once belonged to Biden daughter Ashley.

The diary, which the Biden administration purported was a fake for a long time, includes Ashley’s references to being “sexualized” at a young age and showering with her father, Joe Biden, at the time. The diary expresses those actions as “probably not appropriate.”

The Twitchy report openly challenges the Biden family stories on the topic, with, “Wait, we thought it wasn’t real: DOJ wants prison time for woman who ‘stole’ Ashley Biden’s diary.”

(Read more from “Look Who Wants Jail for Woman Who Found Ashley Biden’s Perverted Diary” HERE)