Mystery Drones Swarmed U.S. Air Force Base for Weeks

Unmanned drones flew around Langley Air Force Base in Virginia for several weeks last December, U.S. Air Force officials confirmed on Friday.

The drones were first noted on Dec. 6, 2023, according to officials, and fluctuated in size and configuration. It is unclear whether the drones also swarmed nearby defense facilities during this time, such as the U.S. Army’s Fort Eustis.

“None of the incursions appeared to exhibit hostile intent but anything flying in our restricted airspace can pose a threat to flight safety,” a spokesperson for Langley Air Force Base told the War Zone. “The [Federal Aviation Administration] was made aware of the UAS incursions. To protect operational security, we do not discuss impacts to operations. We [also] don’t discuss our specific force protection measures but retain the right to protect the installation. Langley continues to monitor our air space and work with local law enforcement and other federal agencies to ensure the safety of base personnel, facilities, and assets.”

Although none of the drones appeared hostile, Langley Air Force Base is located in one of the most strategic areas of the country and plays an important role in protecting the country’s airspace. Langley is also one of just a few bases that houses F-22 Raptor stealth fighters. (Read more from “Mystery Drones Swarmed U.S. Air Force Base for Weeks” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Former Vice President Mike Pence Says He’s Not Endorsing Trump

Former Vice President Mike Pence says he will not be backing Donald Trump in the 2024 election.

“It should come as no surprise that I will not be endorsing Donald Trump this year,” Pence said in an interview with Fox News Channel Friday, weighing in for the first time since the former president became the presumptive GOP nominee. Pence ran against Trump for their party’s nomination but dropped his bid before voting began last year.

The decision makes Pence the latest in a series of senior Trump administration officials who have declined to endorse their former boss’s bid to return to the Oval Office. While Republican members of Congress and other GOP officials have largely rallied behind Trump, a vocal minority has continued to oppose his bid.

It also marks the end of a metamorphosis for Pence, who had long been seen as one of Trump‘s most loyal defenders but broke with his two-time running mate by refusing to go along with Trump‘s unconstitutional scheme to try to remain in power after losing the 2020 election. When Trump‘s supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, trying to disrupt the certification of Joe Biden’s win, Pence was forced to flee to a Senate loading dock as rioters chanted, “Hang Mike Pence!” outside. (Read more from “Former Vice President Mike Pence Says He’s Not Endorsing Trump” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Trouble Might Be Coming for Members of the January 6th Committee

Rep. Barry Loudermilk, who serves as the Committee on House Administration’s Subcommittee on Oversight, released a report which called out many of the narratives we had previously been force fed about January 6, 2021. Now, he’s saying that criminal referrals could come for those involved, at least at some point down the road.

In an interview with Just the News, he addressed how accountability is warranted, though he also wants more information. The write-up described Loudermilk as “frustrated that videotapes of interviews, transcripts and other evidence that Congress gathered under the prior Jan. 6 inquiry run by Democrats was deleted, destroyed, moved to other federal agencies or locked behind passwords that have not been recovered, and he believes some form of accountability is warranted.”

What’s particularly telling is what Loudermilk had to say about Cheney’s involvement:

“As far as holding people accountable, yes, they should be,” Loudermilk said during an interview with Just the News, No Noise television show. “But I think that’s going to be a little ways down the road, because there is so much more information that we need to get. And we need to build not only this, to get the truth out to the American people, but see just how big this case potentially is for obstructing.”

Loudermilk also took a shot at Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., the former chairman of the Jan 6 Select Committee, saying he believes Thompson left control of decisions of the committee to his former Republican vice chairwoman, ex-Rep. Liz Cheney.

(Read more from “Trouble Might Be Coming for Members of the January 6th Committee” HERE)

Police Tell Residents to Leave Car Keys Where Thieves Can Grab Them

A police officer in one major city has advised residents, amid an explosion in the number of car thefts, to leave their car keys where thieves can easily grab them.

The apparent goal is to avoid a “confrontation” with thieves who would break into a home to steal car keys, in order then to steal that car.

The advice comes from Toronto, Canada, police constable Marco Ricciardi who was at a town meeting recently in the municipality of Etobicoke.

“To prevent the possibility of being attacked in your home, leave your FOBs at your front door. Because they’re breaking into your home to steal your car. They don’t want anything else,” he said. “A lot of them that they’re arresting have guns on them. And they’re not toy guns, they’re real guns. They’re loaded.”

A report from Fox News notes that car thefts have spiked in the area. Toronto auto thefts were 5,000 in 2019, but exploded to more than 12,000 last year. (Read more from “Police Tell Residents to Leave Car Keys Where Thieves Can Grab Them” HERE)

Governor Says Florida Officers Nabbed Boat With Armed Haitians

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Friday his state’s law enforcement intercepted a boat of possible illegal Haitian immigrants with weapons and narcotics.

DeSantis deployed on Wednesday 250 Florida State Guard forces and law enforcement officers to protect against a potential influx of illegal Haitian migrants. Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) officers stopped the boat, which was moving in a way that could have been dangerous, the governor said.

“Our Florida Fish and Wildlife officers interdicted a vessel that had 25 illegal immigrants, potential illegal immigrants, from Haiti. In their boat, in their vessel, they had firearms, they had drugs, they had night vision gear and were boating very recklessly, which would potentially endanger other folks,” DeSantis asserted.

The interception took place at around 7:30 PM on Feb. 29, according to a FWC press release.

“Immediately upon stopping the vessel, the officers knew they had intercepted a human smuggling operation,” the press release reads. “The operator of the vessel was armed and onboard; lying prone on the deck of the boat, they discovered 25 individuals, including five unaccompanied children, illegally entering the country. In addition to the individuals onboard, officers discovered firearms, night vision gear and drugs.” (Read more from “Governor Says Florida Officers Nabbed Boat With Armed Haitians” HERE)

West Point Removes ‘Duty, Honor, Country’ From Mission Statement

The mission statement of West Point will no longer include the words “duty, honor, country,” as the over 220-year-old military academy choses to adopt a new mission statement based on “Army Values.”

The military academy announced the proposed change on Monday, saying that the edits to the decades-old mission statement have already been approved by the Secretary of the Army and the Army Chief of Staff. West Point will still retain “duty, honor, country,” as the academy’s motto, saying that the changes to the mission statement came after a year and a half long assessment.

West Point’s new mission statement will be: “To build, educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets to be commissioned leaders of character committed to the Army Values and ready for a lifetime of service to the Army and Nation.”

The academy explained the change by saying that it was part of routine examination of the mission of the institution.

“Our responsibility to produce leaders to fight and win our nation’s wars requires us to assess ourselves regularly,” West Point said. “Thus, over the past year and a half, working with leaders from across West Point and external stakeholders, we reviewed our vision, mission, and strategy to serve this purpose. We believe our mission binds the Academy to the Army — the Army in which our cadets will serve.” (Read more from “West Point Removes ‘Duty, Honor, Country’ From Mission Statement” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

U.S. Senators Issue Warning: Dependence on China for Crucial Medical Supplies Imperils National Security

In a recent alarming revelation, Senators Pete Ricketts (R-NE) and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) have sounded the alarm on the United States’ growing reliance on China for critical medical supplies, particularly needles, syringes, and rubber medical gloves. The senators caution that this burgeoning dependence not only jeopardizes Americans’ health but also poses significant national security risks.

The senators underscored that the U.S. has more than doubled its reliance on imported needles and syringes from China and other nations over the past six years. In 2018, a mere 15 percent of the 10 million needles and syringes used daily in America were imported. Today, that figure has soared to a concerning 40 percent, leaving the nation vulnerable to potential risks associated with faulty medical equipment.

Reports of defective syringes originating from China have prompted investigations by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Leaks or breakages in such syringes can lead to catastrophic medical errors, including incorrect dosages of medication, with potentially fatal consequences.

Moreover, the senators lamented the closure of four out of six manufacturing sites for these critical medical supplies within the U.S. borders. They emphasized the vital role of a resilient domestic supply chain in safeguarding the nation’s crisis response capabilities and the health of its citizens.

Echoing calls for bolstering domestic production, Ricketts and Blumenthal urged continued efforts to ramp up manufacturing of essential medical supplies within the United States. They emphasized the need to learn from the lessons of the COVID-19 pandemic, during which American businesses and manufacturers demonstrated their ability to rapidly scale up production to meet urgent demands.

However, it’s not just needles and syringes facing increased imports from China. Rubber medical gloves, essential for various medical procedures and everyday tasks, have also seen a surge in imports from the Asian giant. Scott Maier, CEO of Blue Star NBR, an American manufacturer, revealed that China’s share of the U.S. rubber glove supply has skyrocketed from 14 percent to a worrying 44 percent, with projections indicating a potential rise to two-thirds by year-end.

Maier’s experience underscores the challenges faced by American manufacturers in maintaining domestic production amid rising costs and regulatory hurdles. Despite initial efforts under the Trump administration to support domestic manufacturing, obstacles such as inflation and supply chain disruptions have hindered progress. Maier’s state-of-the-art rubber factory, intended to supply a significant portion of the nation’s rubber glove needs, remains unfinished due to funding issues exacerbated by changing administrations’ priorities.

Biden Attack on Netanyahu Causes Worst Crisis in History of U.S.-Israel Relations

President Joe Biden’s endorsement Friday of a call by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) for Israel to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and hold new elections marks the worst crisis in the history of U.S.-Israel relations.

Israel is currently fighting to defeat Hamas, which murdered 1,200 people in the October 7 terror attack. It is also under attack from Hezbollah in Lebanon, and has even faced missile attacks launched by Houthi rebels in Yemen.

All of these groups are funded and armed by Iran, which views the United States as its enemy. Instead of backing Israel fully, Biden is not only criticizing Israel in increasingly strident terms, but demanding it remove its democratic leader.

Biden is also slapping sanctions on Israelis who have not been convicted of any crime; this week, he also sanctioned two geographic areas under Israeli control in the West Bank. At the same time, he gave Iran a $10 billion sanctions waiver.

Meanwhile, the Senate — at Schumer’s direction — is refusing to pass billions of dollars in military aid for Israel. And there are reports that the Biden administration is “slow-walking” deliveries of ammunition already promised to Israel. (Read more from “Biden Attack on Netanyahu Causes Worst Crisis in History of U.S.-Israel Relations” HERE)

Migrants Costing U.S. Taxpayers Billions for Free, Uninsured Healthcare

Illegal immigrants are costing American taxpayers billions of dollars just to cover their medical care, with politicians and healthcare workers from around the U.S. sounding the alarm on the overwhelming debt.

As millions of migrants pour through the U.S.-Mexico border, they’re taking up space in emergency rooms, intensive care units (ICUs), and racking up exorbitant amounts of debt while being uninsured and taking advantage of Medicaid.

A November 2023 report from the House Committee on Homeland Security revealed that out of an estimated $451 billion in yearly costs connected to the Biden administration’s immigration crisis, a significant chunk is going to healthcare for illegal aliens.

While the vast majority of illegals don’t have insurance, they’re free to rack up debt with long hospital stays. Many are also able to get government welfare, including Medicaid. All an illegal migrant would have to do is cross the southern border into California to receive taxpayer-funded insurance.

Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA) ushered in the first state program to offer free subsidized healthcare to illegal migrants under the Medi-Cal system in the beginning of 2024, Breitbart News reported. (Read more from “Migrants Costing U.S. Taxpayers Billions for Free, Uninsured Healthcare” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Text Messages Show CIA Deployed Personnel Domestically to Capitol January 6, 2021

By Breitbart. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) deployed personnel to the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021, text messages recently obtained by Judicial Watch via Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show.

The CIA is generally prohibited from spying on American citizens — leaving that job to the FBI. In fact, the FBI’s website states: “The CIA collects information only regarding foreign countries and their citizens. Unlike the FBI, it is prohibited from collecting information regarding ‘U.S. Persons,’ a term that includes U.S. citizens, resident aliens, legal immigrants, and U.S. corporations, regardless of where they are located.”

However, the text messages obtained by Judicial Watch showed that “several” teams were deployed to the Capitol on January 6, 2021. After Judicial Watch sued the Justice Department for not responding to a FOIA request, the DOJ handed over documents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) that included the text messages.

The text messages were under the heading: “January 7 Intel Chain.”

One series of text messages said “two CIA bomb techs” are assisting with “a pipe bomb scene on New Jersey and D ST SE.” The location is where two pipebombs were allegedly left at the Republican National Committee and Democratic National Committee headquarters.

(Read more from “Text Messages Show CIA Deployed Personnel Domestically to Capitol January 6, 2021” HERE)

____________________________________________________

Video: CIA deployed personnel during Jan 6 Capitol storming, records show

By American Military News. A government watchdog group announced Wednesday that it obtained new records showing that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) deployed personnel to Washington, D.C., during the Capitol Hill protest on January 6, 2021. . .

According to Judicial Watch, the disclosure of the CIA’s involvement in the federal government’s response to the Capitol Hill protest was forced by a Judicial Watch lawsuit after the Justice Department refused to grant a FOIA request for records and communications pertaining to the reports of shots being fired inside the Capitol. . .

In a video posted on social media, Fitton explained that the recent disclosure of the CIA’s involvement in the response to the storming of the U.S. Capitol on January 6 raises many questions.

“First of all, why did it take Judicial Watch heavy lifting in federal court to get access to these documents after all these years?” Fitton asked. “Why didn’t the Pelosi January 6 Committee, even as corrupt as it was, not disclose the CIA involvement? What was the CIA involved for? Were they investigating foreign intelligence operations? Were they investigating American citizens? What else have they done related to January 6?”

(Read more from “Video: CIA Deployed Personnel During Jan 6 Capitol Storming, Records Show” HERE)