City Official To Keep Job After Harassing Jewish Family, Given ‘Cultural Sensitivity Training’

A New Haven, Connecticut city official was disciplined with “cultural sensitivity training” after chanting ethnic cleansing slogans with a megaphone, and encouraging others to do the same, outside a local Jewish family’s home.

Thabisa Rich, New Haven’s Community Outreach Coordinator for the Department of Arts, Cultural, and Tourism, caused a scene outside the home of a local rabbi last month because of a pro-Israel yard sign. according to a video obtained by The Daily Wire. Her social media also had several anti-Semitic posts since Israel was attacked on October 7 by terrorists, including stating she does not “condemn Hamas” for its murder of more than 1,000 Israelis, and others that invoked tropes about Jewish money and power.

The city says, however, that while Rich did violate the city’s code of conduct, she will keep her job.

“A formal letter of reprimand was provided to Thabisa Rich … for violations of the City’s Code of Conduct regarding her actions on February 11th and several statements posted on social media,” the office of New Haven Mayor Justin Elicker said in a statement, according to the Hartford Courant. “The letter of reprimand was also accompanied by a coaching statement and corrective action requirements, including the need to attend cultural sensitivity training.”

(Read more from “Black City Official to Keep Job After Harassing Jewish Family, Given ‘Cultural Sensitivity Training’” HERE)

Leaked Files From Transgender Medical Org Show ‘Medical Malpractice’

Internal files from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), which purports to be a medical association that develops “standards” for transgender treatment, show members engaging in fly-by-night, experimental treatments — contradicting the public line that its recommendations are governed by evidence and science.

The research group Environmental Progress analyzed hundreds of pages of internal posts and videos after they were obtained by its founder, journalist Michael Shellenberger.

It concluded that the nominally scientific group was nothing more than an unethical activist group that existed to give cover to doctors who didn’t want to be sued by allowing them to say they were just following experts’ standards.

“’Standard of care’ is a legal term, not a medical term, and represents ‘the benchmark that determines whether professional obligations to patients have been met.’ Failure to meet the standard of care is medical negligence, which can result in significant consequences for healthcare providers,” it said.

The low-barrier gender-transitioning of youth consists of “medical malpractice” that violates the Hippocratic Oath and “causes harm without justification, and its victims are some of society’s most vulnerable people,” the report added. (Read more from “Leaked Files From Transgender Medical Org Show ‘Medical Malpractice’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Police Slam ‘Disgusting’ Gang That Tortured and Murdered 20-Year-Old Mother

Alabama police have slammed eight suspects accused of beating, raping and shooting to death a 20-year-old mother in a ‘killing that shocks the conscience’.

Mahogany Jackson was stripped, handcuffed, spit on and forced to perform sex acts at gunpoint in a Birmingham apartment before being shot in the back of the head on Sunday February 25.

Prosecutors say she was tortured by four male and four female ‘acquaintances’ who filmed sections of the attack and shared them on social media.

Mahogany’s mother has pleaded with people to stop sending her the videos, saying: ‘We are suffering enough that’s my child’.

Her pleas were backed up by Jefferson County District Attorney Danny Carr who said: ‘To see it reenacted on a video – it almost places you there, and then to see people share it over and over, and I know some people may be sharing it for entertainment value or whatever, which is sad in and of itself.’ (Read more from “Alabama Police Slam ‘Disgusting’ Gang That Tortured and Murdered 20-Year-Old Mother” HERE)

Breakthrough Study Identifies Targets for Parkinson’s, Tourette’s, OCD Treatment

A groundbreaking study led by researchers at Mass General Brigham has identified potential targets for the treatment of various brain disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and Tourette’s syndrome. The findings, published in Nature Neuroscience on February 22, suggest that deep brain stimulation (DBS) could be a viable approach to address dysfunctions associated with these cognitive disorders.

The study involved 261 patients worldwide, encompassing individuals diagnosed with dystonia, Parkinson’s disease, OCD, and Tourette’s syndrome. Electrodes were implanted into the brains of participants, and specialized software was employed to identify dysfunctional brain circuits associated with each disorder.

Dr. Andreas Horn, one of the co-authors and an associate professor of neurology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, explained that when brain circuits become dysfunctional, they may act as brakes on specific brain functions. Applying DBS could potentially release these brakes and restore functionality to some extent.

The research identified distinct dysfunctional brain networks associated with each disorder. Dr. Horn emphasized that understanding these malfunctioning networks could improve the targeting of neuromodulation to alleviate symptoms in patients.

In three cases, the application of DBS led to preliminary improved results. Notably, a female patient in her early 20s with severe, treatment-resistant OCD experienced significant improvement in symptoms one month after receiving electrode implantation and targeted stimulation at Massachusetts General Hospital.

While the study shows promise, caution is warranted due to the relatively small number of participants. Dr. Shannon Dean, a pediatric neurologist, emphasized the need for replication of the findings for conclusive results. Nevertheless, she acknowledged the exciting potential of the research and its alignment with existing knowledge about these disorders.

Dr. Arif Dalvi, a neurologist at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Florida, highlighted the continued evolution of DBS technology. The study’s identification of specific “sweet spots” within brain circuits opens avenues for significantly alleviating symptoms, showcasing the efficacy of DBS in modulating neural activity.

As the research provides hope for individuals resistant to standard medical therapy for these neurological conditions, experts anticipate further exploration and refinement of treatment approaches based on these encouraging findings.

Hunter Biden Claimed He Wanted A Public Hearing — Now House Republicans Give Him His Chance

House Republicans are giving Hunter Biden a chance to publicly testify on Capitol Hill after he previously indicated he would be interested in such an arrangement, the Daily Caller has learned.

Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer invited Hunter Biden on Wednesday to testify alongside his former business associates Devon Archer, Tony Bobulinski and Jason Galanis, according to a press release obtained by the Daily Caller. The hearing, titled “Influence Peddling: Examining Joe Biden’s Abuse of Public Office,” is set to occur March 20th and will seek to examine President Biden’s involvement in his son’s foreign business dealings.

“Given his repeated calls for a public hearing, we fully expect him to appear for a scheduled hearing on [March 20th] alongside his former business associates,” a source familiar told the Daily Caller.

The House Oversight Committee subpoenaed the first son in November in an effort to have him attend a closed-door deposition regarding his foreign business dealings. Hunter Biden instead chose to stage a press conference outside the Capitol on Dec. 13, the day of the scheduled closed-door deposition. While standing in front of the Capitol, the first son denied that his father ever played any part in his business dealings and noted that he would testify publicly, an offer his lawyer previously suggested to the committee. Hunter Biden also criticized Republicans for bringing an impeachment inquiry against his father, President Joe Biden. (Read more from “Hunter Biden Claimed He Wanted A Public Hearing — Now House Republicans Give Him His Chance” HERE)

‘Do NATO and Biden Have a Secret Plan?’ Air Force Employee Allegedly Sends Classified Info Through Foreign Dating App

A United States Air Force employee and former Army officer is accused of sending classified information across a foreign online dating platform when prompted.

David Franklin Slater, a 63-year-old employee at the Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska, allegedly sent national defense information to a person purporting to be a woman living in Ukraine through a dating platform in 2022.

Slater, who was also a U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, had top secret clearance at the base and took the position soon after retiring from his previous military role, the Department of Justice said per Fox News.

Slater allegedly “willingly, improperly, and unlawfully” sent information that was classified as “SECRET,” with reason to believe it could be used against the United States or could aid a foreign country. . .

Slater “knowingly transmitted classified national defense information to another person in blatant disregard for the security of his country and his oath to safeguard its secrets,” Assistant Attorney General Matthew G. Olsen of the Justice Department’s National Security Division said. “The Department of Justice will seek to hold accountable those who knowingly and willfully put their country at risk by disclosing classified information.” (Read more from “‘Do NATO and Biden Have a Secret Plan?’ Air Force Employee Allegedly Sends Classified Info Through Foreign Dating App” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Critics of ‘Banning’ Books Are Wrong: They’re Not All Suitable for Kids

Our English teachers taught us to use extreme caution before writing a word such as “always” or “never.”

Such totalizing words are rarely accurate, since most principles have exceptions. But you won’t see this advice applied by critics of “book bans,” who tend to speak as though no book chosen by a school librarian is ever inappropriate for kids.

My colleagues at The Heritage Foundation found that about three-fourths of books on lists of “banned books” are actually still in the libraries where the books were challenged. (The Daily Signal is the news outlet of The Heritage Foundation.)

Many of the rest are indeed inappropriate for children. They contain “images of people engaged in sex acts or graphic descriptions of those acts.”

The material is so graphic, in fact, that it’s censored on broadcasts to avoid Federal Communications Commission fines. Moreover, movies and TV shows have ratings. (Read more from “Critics of ‘Banning’ Books Are Wrong: They’re Not All Suitable for Kids” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

New York to Deploy National Guard to Subway

The state of New York is sending the National Guard, State Police, and MTA cops into New York City subways, so commuters “feel safe” amid a leadership failure by the mayor that has devastated the city.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) announced Wednesday that she would deploy state law enforcement to the Big Apple subway network, as well as “teams of mental health workers,” to “help commuters and visitors to the city feel safe,” according to the New York Times.

The Times reports:

Additional law enforcement officers would add to an already large presence in the subways, where Mayor Eric Adams ordered an additional 1,000 officers in February following a 45 percent spike in major crimes in January compared with the same time last year.

Grand larcenies — thefts without the use of force — were a main driver of the January spike in crime, according to the police. Grand larcenies are defined by the police as major crimes, along with homicides, assaults and robberies.

Hochul is sending 1,000 members of State Police, National Guard, and MTA cops, ostensibly to conduct “bag checks.” It is unclear how that plan will be executed on the service that sees upward of three million riders per day. (Read more from “New York to Deploy National Guard to Subway” HERE)

Donald Trump’s Super Tuesday Triumph: A Giant Leap Towards 2024 White House Bid

Former President Donald Trump has taken an enormous step towards a potential return to the White House, showcasing a remarkable performance on Super Tuesday. Trump came out with a significant victory across more than a dozen states, setting the stage for a sweeping triumph.

Trump’s ambition for a historic political comeback in 2024 hinges on the outcomes of these crucial primaries, and Tuesday’s results may virtually eliminate his last standing Republican primary opponent, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley. Despite a pyrrhic victory in Washington, D.C., Haley faced an uphill battle against Trump’s dominance in other states.

The Associated Press has already declared Trump as the winner in the Republican presidential primaries in California, Minnesota, Arkansas, Texas, Massachusetts, and Colorado. The Colorado victory is particularly symbolic as it comes just a day after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a Colorado Supreme Court ruling that initially excluded Trump from the state’s 2024 ballot.

With 42% of results reported in Colorado, Trump secured an impressive 61% of the vote compared to Haley’s 35.5%. The Supreme Court’s unanimous decision clarified that only Congress holds the authority to deny a candidate ballot access, restoring Trump’s name to ballots across the nation. This ruling nullified other ongoing lawsuits that sought to apply the Fourteenth Amendment’s Section 3 “Insurrection Clause” to disqualify Trump from holding office, despite no court having found him guilty of such actions.

Trump’s victories on Super Tuesday not only position him favorably in the race but also mark a symbolic triumph in a state that initially sought to exclude him. The results underscore the resilience of Trump’s political influence and set the stage for a potentially decisive journey toward the 2024 White House bid.

Watch Trump’s’ Super Tuesday address to his supporters below:

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Say Goodbye to Freedom: AI Now Being Employed by State Government to Massively Increase Surveillance Powers, Control Media Narrative

Washington’s Secretary of State has weaponized artificial intelligence (AI) to conduct mass surveillance ahead of the US 2024 Presidential Election.

The state’s AI is targeting journalists, conservative activists, and voters for “narratives” the state finds problematic regarding election security and integrity following factual reporting and social media posts, according to information obtained via a public disclosure request (PDR).

Steve Hobbs, the WA Secretary of State, entered into a contract with UK Artificial Intelligence company, LogicallyAI, a controversial company that monitors social media accounts to “identify harmful online narratives about the election process and online threats to election officials and the election process.” . . .

Washington State has now weaponized LogicallyAI to target its citizens and journalists through mass surveillance. Officials have warned that LogicallyAI has the power to shape the 2024 US Presidential Election and now those concerns are coming to fruition. Critics also claim that the state contract is unconstitutional because it violates a person’s right to freedom of speech.

LogicallyAI sends “threat” and “narrative” alerts to the state each month. The service, which costs taxpayers more than $14,000 per month, acts as a censorship bot that targets social media users who have either questioned or reported on election integrity. It also flags accounts it deems have threatened election officials. The social media accounts of said individuals are then given to Hobbs’ office. (Read more from “Say Goodbye to Freedom: AI Now Being Employed by State Government to Massively Increase Surveillance Powers, Control Media Narrative” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr