Joe Biden Will Drop Out of 2024 Presidential Race, Top JPMorgan Strategist Predicts

President Biden will not run for re-election during a tumultuous year that will see parts of the country suffer rolling blackouts, the release of an inhaled COVID vaccine and a boycott over driverless cars, a top JPMorgan Chase strategist predicted.

Michael Cembalest, who heads the market and investment strategy unit in the Wall Street bank’s asset management division, made the shocking forecasts in his list of ‘Ten Surprises’ for 2024 over the weekend.

Tops among the budding Nostradamus’ prophesies was that 81-year-old Biden will drop out of the race “sometime between Super Tuesday and the November election, citing health concerns.”

“Super Tuesday” refers to the March 5 presidential primaries and caucuses that will be held in more than a dozen states, including California, Texas, Massachusetts, Vermont and North Carolina.

The winner of the “Super Tuesday” contests is considered the heavy favorite to eventually capture the party’s nomination for president. (Read more from “Joe Biden Will Drop Out of 2024 Presidential Race, Top Jpmorgan Strategist Predicts” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

GOP State Leadership Continues to be Challenged by Corruption: One State Chair Charged with Rape, Another Refuses to Step Down

By New York Post. Florida’s Republican Party has formally pushed out its embattled former chairman Christian Ziegler amid rape allegations. . .

In November, a report revealed that Ziegler was under criminal investigation by the Sarasota Police Department.

A woman, who claims to have known Ziegler and his wife for two decades, accused him of raping her a month prior inside her Sarasota home on Oct. 2, 2023. . .

The incident has garnered national attention in part because his wife Bridget Ziegler is a co-founder of Moms for Liberty, which works to elect conservative mothers onto school boards.

[S]he has admitted that she, her husband, and the alleged victim previously partook in a three-way sexual escapade about a year prior, Politico reported. (Read more from “GOP State Leadership Continues to be Challenged by Corruption: One State Chair Charged with Rape” HERE)

_____________________________________________________

Group of Michigan GOP Committee Members Vote to Oust State Party Chair; She Says They Have No Authority to Remove Her

By Daily Wire. A group of Michigan Republican Party committee members gathered Saturday afternoon and voted to remove state party chair Kristina Karamo — but Karamo said she would not recognize their authority.

Forty of the 45 Republicans at the special meeting voted via secret ballot in favor of Karamo’s removal, according to multiple sources and a video announcement, The Detroit News reported. Karamo and her team said that the Republicans seeking her removal have not abided by the party’s bylaws, and she scheduled a special meeting on January 13, which she says is the actual special meeting.

“These individuals have not followed the MIGOP bylaws to call a meeting, change bylaws or remove any member,” Karamo told The Detroit News earlier this week. “They have zero legal authority to conduct business regarding the Michigan Republican Party or its state committee.”

Karamo rose to prominence within the Michigan GOP after challenging the results of former President Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss. She then ran for Michigan secretary of state with Trump’s endorsement in the 2022 election cycle, a race she lost by 14 percentage points to incumbent Democrat Jocelyn Benson. Karamo was elected to state party chair in February, largely riding the support of conservative grassroots activists. (Read more from “Group of Michigan GOP Committee Members Vote to Oust State Party Chair; She Says They Have No Authority to Remove Her” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Report: Biden Admin Warns Israel Against Taking Major Military Action Against Hezbollah

Israel is considering launching a major military operation against Hezbollah after months of harassment and threats from the terror group, alarming some U.S. officials.

Hezbollah has threatened Israel on its northern border from Lebanon for months since Hamas terrorists invaded Israel from the Gaza Strip on October 7, murdering roughly 1,200 people and taking hostage hundreds more. Warnings from Israel that it intends to put a stop to Hezbollah’s threats have alarmed the Biden administration, which fears a growing Middle East conflict, according to The Washington Post. . .

The Biden administration is reportedly warning Israel against taking significant action against Hezbollah, warning that a U.S. intelligence assessment found that if Israel were to expand its military operations to Lebanon as well as Gaza, success would be difficult for Israel to achieve.

Biden administration officials believe Israel’s signals against Hezbollah may be a result of political pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Netanyahu may push military action against Hezbollah in order to recover politically from the fallout over a failure to prevent the invasion of October 7, according to Biden administration concerns shared with the Post. (Read more from “Report: Biden Admin Warns Israel Against Taking Major Military Action Against Hezbollah” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Admin Leaves Nigeria, World’s Most Dangerous Place to Be a Christian, off Religious Freedom List

The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) immediately criticized Secretary of State Antony Blinken for once again leaving Nigeria off the State Department’s annual list of “Countries of Particular Concern” (CPC) for religious oppression.

In the 2023 edition of its World Watch List, religious freedom group Open Doors estimated that nearly 90 percent of the Christians killed for their faith last year were killed in Nigeria. The Christian aid group International Christian Concern (ICC) identified Nigeria as “the world’s most dangerous place to be a Christian in the world” in 2023.

USCIRF said there was “no justification” for leaving Nigeria and India off the list, especially since the State Department’s own “reporting and statements” suggest both countries should be on it.

The bipartisan USCIRF thought this omission was so egregious that its leaders, Chairman Abraham Cooper and Vice Chair Frederick A. Davie, called for a Congressional inquiry:

Days before Christmas, hundreds of Christians were killed in Nigeria, along with their Pastor. This is just the latest example of deadly violence against religious communities in Nigeria that even the State Department has condemned. The majority of Commissioners have traveled to Nigeria and noted the threats to freedom of religion or belief and the deadly implications to religious communities.

In India, in addition to perpetrating egregious religious freedom violations within its borders, the government has increased its transnational repression activities targeting religious minorities abroad and those advocating on their behalf.

USCIRF rejects the State Department’s decision to omit Nigeria and India as CPCs. We met with the State Department on many occasions to sound the alarm about these countries, but not all of our recommendations have been followed. We will not be deterred and will continue our role as a congressionally mandated watchdog to ensure the U.S. government prioritizes religious freedom as a key component of U.S. foreign policy.

(Read more from “Biden Admin Leaves Nigeria, World’s Most Dangerous Place to Be a Christian, off Religious Freedom List” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Calls for Firing of Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Over Secret Hospitalization

Former President Donald Trump has publicly demanded the immediate firing of Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, citing “improper professional conduct” and a “dereliction of duty” related to the delayed announcement about Austin’s hospitalization. Trump issued the call for action from his Truth Social account on Sunday.

In his statement, Trump asserted, “Failed Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin should be fired immediately for improper professional conduct and dereliction of duty. He has been missing for one week, and nobody, including his boss, Crooked Joe Biden, had a clue as to where he was, or might be.” The former president further criticized Austin’s overall performance, suggesting that he should have been dismissed long ago, along with General Mark Milley, for various reasons, with a particular focus on the “catastrophic surrender in Afghanistan.”

The controversy surrounding Lloyd Austin’s hospitalization unfolded when it was revealed that he had hidden his admission to the hospital’s intensive care unit for several days. This lack of disclosure raised serious questions about Austin’s judgment and also prompted scrutiny of President Biden’s awareness of his defense secretary’s health status. The situation became even more concerning given the escalating tensions between U.S. troops and Iran-backed proxy groups in the Middle East.

The revelation of Austin’s hospitalization occurred against the backdrop of recent U.S. warnings to Houthi rebels and a drone strike in Iraq targeting an Iran-backed militia leader. The lack of clarity about Austin’s medical condition, coupled with the Pentagon’s decision to cite “privacy” for not providing explicit details, contributed to the confusion surrounding the situation.

In response to the growing controversy, Austin issued a statement on Saturday acknowledging that he could have done a “better job ensuring the public was appropriately informed.”

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll Reveals Record Low Satisfaction With Democracy Under Biden’s Presidency

A recent Gallup poll has uncovered a notable decline in the satisfaction of Americans with the state of democracy under President Joe Biden’s administration. According to the survey, only 28 percent of U.S. adults express contentment with the “way democracy is working,” marking a record low compared to the 35 percent recorded after the events of January 6, 2021.

Gallup’s analysis, conducted by Jeffrey Jones, points to various factors contributing to this decline in satisfaction. Economic concerns, disapproval of the current leadership’s performance, heightened political polarization, the enduring influence of former President Donald Trump, and apprehensions about election security, voting rights, and the independence of the courts all play a role in shaping public sentiment.

Breaking down the data by political affiliation, Republicans exhibit the lowest satisfaction at 17 percent, while Democrats register the highest at 38 percent. Independents fall in between at 27 percent. Interestingly, all three groups are less satisfied than they were in 2021, shortly after Biden assumed office.

Jones notes the typical trend where partisans tend to express greater satisfaction when a president from their own party is in office. However, recent surveys have consistently shown Democrats being more content than Republicans during Democratic presidencies.

Gallup’s historical perspective reveals that the highest satisfaction levels were recorded in the initial 1984 poll, with 61 percent of Americans expressing contentment. A similar figure of 60 percent was observed in 1991. The recent survey, conducted between December 1-20, 2023, sampled 1,013 U.S. adults, with a margin of sampling error of ±4 percentage points at the 95 percent confidence level.

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

State to Cover Sex Changes for Illegal Aliens

The Golden State is expanding its massive health care system this year, which means more taxpayer dollars will fund sex change surgeries for state residents, regardless of their citizenship status.

According to a memo first circulated in May 2022 and reported by the Daily Caller Foundation, California’s Medi-Cal covers costs for hormone therapy and procedures “that bring primary and secondary gender characteristics into conformity with the individual’s identified gender, including ancillary services, such as hair removal, incident to those services.”

Nearly 700,000 illegal immigrants between the ages of 26 and 49 qualify, as of Jan. 1, for these federal health care services, which will cost California taxpayers an estimated $3.1 billion. For those living in California illegally within this age range, it translates to approximately $4,058 per year in medical coverage subsidies funded by the state’s general fund.

“Gender affirming care is a covered Medi-Cal benefit when medically necessary,” the memo states. “Requests for gender affirming care should be from specialists experienced in providing culturally competent care to transgender and gender diverse individuals and should use nationally recognized guidelines.” (Read more from “State to Cover Sex Changes for Illegal Aliens” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Prince Andrew Vows to Resist Eviction Amidst Epstein Scandal Fallout

Prince Andrew will reject any efforts to get him evicted from his royal mansion in the aftermath of the Jeffrey Epstein document dump, in which his name featured prominently, according to a new report.

The disgraced Duke of York has reportedly vowed to fight any attempt by his brother, King Charles III, to force him out of the 30-room Royal Lodge in Windsor, which he currently shares with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson.

The 63-year-old royal and his ex-wife are not “going nowhere,” a source close to Andrew said in an interview with The Mirror.

“The King can’t force him out. He has a cast iron lease that he has absolutely every intention of honoring,” the source said, referring to the 75-year lease Andrew signed on the Windsor Castle property in 2003.

Other allies of Andrew’s said he was adamant he would not be moving, even after Charles reportedly offered him Harry and Meghan’s former home, the nearby four-bedroom Frogmore Cottage. (Read more from “Prince Andrew Vows to Resist Eviction Amidst Epstein Scandal Fallout” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Mike Johnson and Chuck Schumer Reach Government Funding Deal, but Some Republicans Are Reportedly ‘Pissed’

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker of the House Mike Johnson reached a deal on the federal budget on Sunday, and the agreement is already raising the ire of some fiscal conservatives, according to several reports.

The $1.6 trillion deal sets defense spending at about $886 billion for the current fiscal year, a number that the White House and former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy had reached while negotiating over the debt ceiling in the summer of 2023, according to Politico. The agreement will reportedly allow for $773 billion for spending not related to defense, a victory for Democrats that is already angering some members of the Republican caucus as the extended funding deadlines draw closer on the calendar.

Legislators now have 12 days to conduct further negotiations and lock in the final bill text, as available cash for numerous federal agencies will run out on Jan. 19, according to Politico. The funding for the military and several of the largest government programs will expire on Feb. 2, while Sunday’s breakthrough may reduce the chances of an eventual shutdown, a host of contentious issues, including potential reforms to address the crisis unfolding at the southern border, remain unresolved.

Beyond the border, questions still remain about the form that military aid packages to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan could take, according to Politico. (Read more from “Mike Johnson and Chuck Schumer Reach Government Funding Deal, but Some Republicans Are Reportedly ‘Pissed’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Record Number of Police Officers Shot in 2023, Report Reveals

A disturbing report from the National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) has unveiled a record-breaking number of law enforcement officers shot in the line of duty in 2023. According to the data, there were 378 officers shot, marking a staggering 60% increase since the FOP began tracking such incidents in 2018. Additionally, the report highlighted that 46 police officers lost their lives in these incidents.

The FOP expressed deep concern, emphasizing these statistics as a stark reminder of the ongoing “War on Cops” in the country, branding it a “stain on our society.” FOP President Patrick Yoes lamented the rising numbers, stating, “Last year, over 330 police officers were shot in the line of duty. With the COVID-19 pandemic behind us and after so many Americans have seen the tragic consequences of the defund the police movement, it was our hope that these numbers would be a high-water mark. We were wrong.”

While there was a decrease in fatalities compared to the previous year, attributed to advancements in medical trauma science and anti-ballistic technology, the alarming rise in the number of officers shot is a grave concern for the FOP.

The report highlighted that police officers faced targeted ambush-style attacks, with 115 such incidents in 2023. These attacks resulted in 138 officers being shot, and tragically, 20 officers lost their lives. The report, while focusing on fatal incidents, did not measure the instances where officers were shot at but not struck.

FOP President Yoes called for immediate action, urging Congress to pass the Protect and Serve Act, which aims to establish a new criminal offense for knowingly assaulting a law enforcement officer and causing serious bodily injury.

Yoes emphasized the human aspect of these statistics, stating, “Many will often look at this data and just see numbers, but we must remember that they represent heroes — fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters. This scale of violence against our officers is horrifying and simply unsustainable. It is no wonder that our profession is facing a recruitment and retention crisis.”

The FOP concluded the report by featuring the names and pictures of all the officers who lost their lives due to gunfire in 2023, urging elected officials and community leaders to take a stand against the violence targeting law enforcement officers.

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.