House Speaker Mike Johnson Calls for Witnesses Under Oath in Biden Impeachment Inquiry

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) said the impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden has advanced to a stage in which witnesses should be placed under oath.

The speaker released a statement on Wednesday that said he had just received an update from Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-KY), who is leading the endeavor, and the two others tasked with assisting him: Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Ways and Means Chairman Jason Smith (R-MO).

“At this stage, our impeachment inquiry has already shown the corrupt conduct of the president’s family and that he and White House officials have repeatedly lied about his knowledge and involvement in his family’s business activities,” Johnson said.

“It has also exposed the tens of millions of dollars from foreign adversaries being paid to shell companies controlled by the president’s son, brother and their business associates,” he added. “Now, the appropriate step is to place key witnesses under oath and question them under the penalty of perjury, to fill gaps in the record.” (Read more from “House Speaker Mike Johnson Calls for Witnesses Under Oath in Biden Impeachment Inquiry” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Mother of 6-Year-Old Who Shot Teacher Sentenced to Prison on Federal Gun Charges

. . .The incident led to numerous stories about how this child was a menace, accompanied by either his mother or father during classes because his behavior was out of control. There was no chaperone on the day Zwerner was shot, which was in January. Eventually, the boy’s mother, Deja Taylor, was the target of the investigation, being charged with child neglect and gun charges over the summer (via NBC News):

The mother of a 6-year-old who took a gun to his Virginia school and shot his teacher this year was charged Monday with federal gun crimes.

Deja Taylor, 25, was charged with two counts in U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Virginia: being an unlawful user of a controlled substance in possession of a firearm and making a false statement during the purchase of a firearm.

She was previously indicted in April by a Newport News grand jury on charges of felony child neglect and a misdemeanor count of recklessly leaving a loaded firearm so as to endanger a child, Newport News Commonwealth’s Attorney Howard Gwynn said.

Taylor has apologized to the teacher and said she was responsible for her son’s access to the handgun, though she maintains she’s not clear exactly how he obtained it. A trial is scheduled for Aug. 15.

And now, we’ve learned the sentence: 21 months (via Washington Post):

The mother of a then-6-year-old boy who shot a teacher at the city’s Richneck Elementary School in January was sentenced to 21 months in prison Wednesday on federal convictions related to the weapon used in the shooting.

(Read more from “Mother of 6-Year-Old Who Shot Teacher Sentenced to Prison on Federal Gun Charges” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Revealed: Big Name in Congress a Member of ‘Secret’ Anti-Israel Facebook Group

U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., has not hidden her hatred for Israel. . .

Now an investigation by Fox News Digital has revealed she is a member of a “secret” Facebook group that glorifies the Hamas terrorists.

“Rep. Rashida Tlaib is part of a secret social media group in which its members have glamorized Hamas in its war battle with Israel after the terror group attacked and killed hundreds of innocent Israeli civilians last month,” the report said.

Tlaib’s membership is with the Palestinian American Congress group on Facebook.

It is secret in that it is hidden from non-members and cannot be located on the platform’s search engine. (Read more from “Revealed: Big Name in Congress a Member of ‘Secret’ Anti-Israel Facebook Group” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Coincidence? Navy Seal Who Spoke for Parental Rights at School Board Gets Probed for ‘Extremist’ Ties

A Navy SEAL is under investigation for suspected association with unspecified extremist organizations after photos and videos surfaced of him speaking with members of the Proud Boys at parental rights protests, according to media reports and the visual documentation.

Chief Special Warfare Operator Bryce Henson, who also goes by the pseudonym Ben Richards, became a known figure in his community for participating in parental rights protests and advocating against LGBTQ+ indoctrination at school board and city council meetings, Military.com reported. A local photographer began compiling photos and videos of Henson standing with Proud Boys members and documenting allegations of verbal harassment.

He’s currently under investigation for “possibly participating with, or supporting, extremist causes,” Navy spokesman Cmdr. Ben Tisdale told Military.com.

“While sailors are always allowed to exercise their rights to freedom of speech and assembly if they follow the law and policy restriction, participation with hate or extremist groups of any kind is contradictory to the core values of the Navy and is not tolerated by [Navy Special Warfare],” Tisdale told the outlet.

Henson, operating under the Richards moniker, described himself as the founder of SoCal Parent Advocates, a parents group opposing Critical Race Theory, “radical gender ideology” and “vaccine and mask tyranny,” according to its website. (Read more from “Coincidence? Navy Seal Who Spoke for Parental Rights at School Board Gets Probed for ‘Extremist’ Ties” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Never Seen This Before’: Explosion of Miscarriages After COVID Shots

. . .A report from Steadfast Nation documents the testimony from multiple individuals at U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s hearing on the issue.

“How many of your patients or pregnant women that you know of experience miscarriages after taking the COVID-19 vaccines — or injections?” Greene asked Dr. Kimberly Biss, an OB-GYN who has been involved in 8,000 pregnancies.

“I’ve never seen this before,” she responded. Besides a multitude of miscarriages, she said, what’s concerning is that while patients got their injections in 2021 or 2022, “we’re still seeing lingering effect.”

She noted that ordinarily a miscarriage rate would be in the range of 4%, as it was in 2020.

But that “doubled in 2021 to approximately 7 to 8%. Alarmingly, the miscarriage rate doubled again in 2022, all the way up to a staggering 15%,” the report said. (Read more from “‘Never Seen This Before’: Explosion of Miscarriages After COVID Shots” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Comrade Elon: Musk Joins CEOs in Sucking up to China

Elon Musk and other CEOs from leading companies are converging in San Francisco for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit, aiming to strengthen their ties with communist China.

The Financial Post reports that San Francisco is currently the center of a major gathering of global business leaders, including Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit begins. This gathering of CEOs from companies like Microsoft, Citigroup, and Exxon Mobil occurs against the backdrop of a tense and complex U.S.-China trade environment.

The main agenda for these corporate leaders is clear: strengthening business ties with communist China. This goal is particularly pressing given the current trade challenges, marked by U.S. efforts to restrict China’s access to high-end computer chips and Beijing’s countermeasures, such as boosting its chip industry and promoting local products. The summit provides a rare opportunity for these executives to directly engage with China’s Xi Jinping, presenting a chance to discuss concerns and ambitions in a more personal setting.

Elon Musk is among the high-profile attendees. Musk’s participation highlights the significance of this event, as his companies have substantial interests in China. This summit is not just a meeting of minds but also an opportunity for direct dialogue with Chinese leadership, a major focus as business leaders attempt to navigate the regulations, tariffs, and export controls that currently define U.S.-China trade relations. (Read more from “Comrade Elon: Musk Joins CEOs in Sucking up to China” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

California Biolab Owner Arrested with Alleged Ties to Chinese Military Organizations

The recently-arrested owner of a California biolab allegedly has ties to the government of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and a program related to its military, the House Select Committee on the CCP announced Wednesday.

Jia Bei Zhu, 62, allegedly served as a “corporate officer” within Chinese “military-civil fusion organizations,” according to materials shared by the Select Committee on the CCP. Zhu was arrested in October for “manufacturing and distributing misbranded medical devices in violation of the federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA) and for making false statements to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).”

“Zhu is a PRC citizen who served as a corporate officer on military-civil fusion organizations within the PRC and private organizations affiliated with or partially controlled by the PRC government,” the committee’s film stated.

Military-Civil Fusion (MCF) is a CCP “strategy to develop the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) into a ‘world class military’ by 2049,” according to the State Department. “The CCP’s MCF strategy allows a growing number of civilian enterprises and entities to undertake classified military R&D and weapons production.”

Zhu also served as an executive at several “PRC government-controlled and directed companies,” according to the committee’s report. (Read more from “California Biolab Owner Arrested with Alleged Ties to Chinese Military Organizations” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Elite Universities That Are Hotbeds For Pro-Hamas Activism Got Billions In Federal Grants, Tax Benefits

Elite universities across the U.S. received over $33 billion in grants and contracts from the federal government since 2018, according to OpenTheBooks.

Ten elite universities with large endowments have taken billions of federal tax dollars, according to a new report from OpenTheBooks. The collective endowments of these universities grew from $172.2 billion in 2018 to $237 billion by the end of 2022, and the endowments reaped a collective $12 billion in special tax treatment benefits during that time frame.

“With the U.S. taxpayer subsidies, tax-breaks and federal payments into these ten elite universities pushing $7 billion per year, it’s time to revisit the definition of a public charity. Collectively, these schools have gamed the tax code for vast institutional enrichment,” Adam Andrzejewski, CEO and founder of OpenTheBooks, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Stanford University, Columbia University, University of Pennsylvania, Yale University and Harvard University took nearly $7 billion, $5.9 billion, $3.7 billion, $3.5 billion, $3.3 billion in federal grants and contracts from 2018 to 2022, respectively, according to OpenTheBooks. Princeton University, Brown University and Dartmouth College took nearly $1.8 billion, $1.2 billion, and $775 million, respectively.

Northwestern University and Cornell University took nearly $3 billion, according to the report. (Read more from “Elite Universities That Are Hotbeds For Pro-Hamas Activism Got Billions In Federal Grants, Tax Benefits” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Hunter Biden Seeks to Subpoena Donald Trump, Claiming Bias in Gun Case

Hunter Biden’s lawyers asked the judge presiding over his criminal gun case on Wednesday to subpoena former President Donald Trump, former Attorney General Bill Barr, and two other Trump administration officials.

The request signals Hunter Biden’s legal strategy to accuse the Trump administration of political interference in his gun case, the same accusation IRS whistleblowers leveled against President Joe Biden’s Justice department in their probe of Hunter Biden for tax, gun, and potentially FARA violations.

Hunter Biden’s lawyers asked U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika to issue several subpoenas to:

1. Trump
2. Barr
3. Former acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue
4. Former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen

The filing claimed:

Mr. Biden seeks specific information from three former DOJ officials and the former President that goes to the heart of his defense that this is, possibly, a vindictive or selective prosecution arising from an unrelenting pressure campaign beginning in the last administration, in violation of Mr. Biden’s Fifth Amendment rights under the Constitution.

(Read more from “Hunter Biden Seeks to Subpoena Donald Trump, Claiming Bias in Gun Case” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Target Faces Controversy: Appointment of ‘Gaycruella’ LGBTQIA+ Strategist Amid Sales Decline and Backlash Over Pride-Themed Products; Target Shuns Christian Shoppers

The recent appointment of Erik Thompson, also known as “gaycruella,” as Target’s Senior LGBTQIA+ Segmentation Strategist and Pride Lead has sparked controversy in the wake of the company’s consecutive negative sales reports. Thompson shared his new role on Instagram, expressing his eagerness to contribute to reshaping the narrative of Target to cater to all consumers. Despite his enthusiasm, a comment on the post raised concerns about the potential impact on Target’s sales, to which Thompson responded affirmatively, stating that he would indeed make sales tank. Thompson’s LinkedIn profile reveals his history with Target, having been part of the company since 2014 in various roles, and he officially assumed his new position in November 2023.

Target’s recent sales decline, with a 4.9% drop in the third quarter following a 5.4% decline in the second quarter, is attributed to backlash against its Pride-themed products, especially those targeting children. The products included transgender “tuck” swimsuits and LGBTQ-themed books, sparking criticism and leading to negative consumer sentiments. Target CEO Brian Cornell acknowledged the challenging sales trends during the third-quarter earnings report, emphasizing the company’s commitment to regaining growth.

The controversy surrounding Target intensified with the recent revelation of Pride-themed nutcrackers and disabled Santa ornaments for sale. End Wokeness, an online account, shared images of a black Santa Claus in a wheelchair and a Pride nutcracker adorned with LGBTQIA+ symbols, both available on Target’s website. These additions further fueled the debate on the appropriateness of such products and their potential impact on the company’s image and sales.

Target’s decision to appoint Erik Thompson to a prominent LGBTQIA+ role comes amid a challenging period marked by consecutive sales declines and backlash against its Pride-themed merchandise. The controversy surrounding these products and recent additions like Pride-themed nutcrackers and disabled Santa ornaments adds to the scrutiny the company faces.

__________________________________________

Target Shuns Christian Shoppers

By Todd Starnes. Although Target faced Pride Month merchandise boycotts, a lawsuit and a 10% decline in its stock following this year’s controversial collection, the retailer appears to be doubling down on its commitment to this market.

Target has promoted Erik Thompson to Senior LGBTQIA+ Strategist and Pride Lead, according to a @LibsofTikTok post on X and Thompson’s LinkedIn profile.

In his new role overseeing Target’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer/questioning, intersex, and asexual marketing, Thompson says he plans to “flip the script and rewrite the narrative of CPG [consumer packaged goods] retail industries to better serve all segments and thoughtfully & authentically cater to *ALL guests, ALL humans & ALL hearts* who enter our stores and across the nation.”

Thompson has been with Target since 2016 and was previously a buyer for four years in its beauty and cosmetics division. Before that, he was an associate buyer between 2016 and 2019 of men’s sportswear. (Read more from “Target Shuns Christian Shoppers” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.