Trump Appointee Strikes Down Gun-License Requirement of ‘Good Moral Character’

A federal judge ruled Tuesday that New York City’s requirement for a gun license applicant to have “good moral character” ran afoul of the Constitution.

Judge John P. Cronan, a Trump appointee, said the requirement gave officials “vast discretion on licensing,” which was inconsistent with the nation’s founding and traditions related to firearm ownership and possession.

He also reasoned that the government’s argument that the “good moral character” assessment was needed to separate law-abiding citizens from those who are not law-abiding lacks a historical analogue, which the Supreme Court ruled in 2022 was required for gun control laws to pass muster.

The government has “not identified any historical analogue for investing officials with the broad discretion to restrict someone’s Second Amendment right based on determining the person to “‘lack[] good moral character’ or for a vague and undefined notion of ‘good cause,’” Judge Cronan wrote.

The case was brought by Joseph Srour, a Brooklyn man, who had applications for gun licenses denied in 2019. City officials told Mr. Srour he had two prior arrests and several driving violations, so he lacked “good moral character” for the licenses. (Read more from “Trump Appointee Strikes Down Gun-License Requirement of ‘Good Moral Character’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Report: Mark Meadows Told Jack Smith, Grand Jury That Trump’s Election Fraud Claims Were Bogus

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has reportedly secured an immunity deal and told special counsel Jack Smith’s grand jury that he informed then-President Donald Trump that claims about widespread fraud in the 2020 election were baseless.

The revelation, reported by ABC News citing anonymous sources, marks a major break between the former top aide and Mr. Trump, who is the 2024 GOP presidential front-runner and continues to say the last election was stolen from him.

Mr. Meadows told federal investigators that Mr. Trump was being “dishonest” about his election claims starting on election night and that their side “obviously didn’t win,” according to the report.

The disclosures in the report are significant because Mr. Meadows, a former Republican congressman from North Carolina, was a trusted Trump loyalist in the period following the 2020 election and had an inside look at goings-on in the White House.

Trump spokesman Steven Cheung said in a statement: “Wrongful, unethical leaks throughout these Biden witch-hunts only underscore how detrimental these empty cases are to our Democracy and System of Justice and how vital it is for President Trump’s First Amendment rights to not be infringed upon by un-Constitutional gag orders.” (Read more from “Report: Mark Meadows Told Jack Smith, Grand Jury That Trump’s Election Fraud Claims Were Bogus” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Only 3 Percent of Americans Have Gotten the New COVID Shot

The Biden administration’s campaign to convince Americans to get an annual Covid shot is off to a very slow start.

Even so, the nation’s top disease-fighting official says the U.S. remains “on track” to hit last year’s uptake levels, which crested at just 17 percent of the U.S. population.

So far, 12 million people, or about 3.6 percent of the population, have gotten the shot in the five weeks since it hit pharmacy shelves — though reporting lags mean it’s likely a bit higher, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Mandy Cohen said.

More people, by far — 16 million — have gotten their annual flu vaccine, Cohen said, attributing the difference to long-held routines. (Read more from “Only 3 Percent of Americans Have Gotten the New COVID Shot” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

The UN Sides With the Terrorists, Again

United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres gave a speech at the UN General Assembly Tuesday and excused the October 7 terrorist attack carried out by Hamas on thousands of innocent Israeli citizens. At least two hundred people are being held hostage by Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip and 33 Americans have been killed.

“The attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum,” Guterres said, falsely stating Gaza is under “Israeli occupation.” Israel left Gaza in 2005. In 2007, the people of Gaza elected Hamas as their government, who turned the 25 mile strip into a terrorism hell hole.

(Read more from “The UN Sides With the Terrorists, Again” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

State Sues Biden Admin for Cutting Border Wire Placed by State Officials

Texas sued the Biden administration Tuesday for the federal government’s practice of cutting wire placed along the border by state authorities.

Federal agents have implemented a policy of destroying Texas’ wire to “encourage and assist thousands of aliens to illegally cross the Rio Grande and enter Texas,” according to the lawsuit. Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott recently instructed state authorities to place barbed wire along the border in response to an increase of illegal crossings.

“By cutting Texas’s concertina wire, the federal government has not only illegally destroyed property owned by the State of Texas; it has also disrupted the State’s border security efforts, leaving gaps in Texas’s border barriers and damaging Texas’s ability to effectively deter illegal entry into its territory,” the lawsuit alleges.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement Tuesday that the state has “the sovereign right to construct border barriers to prevent the entry of illegal aliens.” (Read more from “State Sues Biden Admin for Cutting Border Wire Placed by State Officials” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

American Academy of Pediatrics Named in Bombshell Detransitioner Lawsuit

A woman who was pumped with testosterone and underwent hormone therapy when she was a young teenager is suing both her doctors and the American Academy of Pediatrics, which her lawyers say has knowingly lied about the impact of the radical sex-change treatments it recommends, according to a copy of the lawsuit obtained exclusively by The Daily Wire.

Isabelle Ayala, now a twenty-year-old woman, had just turned fourteen when she was committed to the hospital for suicidal thoughts, according to the lawsuit. It was during this hospital stay that she met with Dr. Jason Rafferty, who during his first brief meeting with Ayala determined that she “meets criteria to consider hormonal transition,” with the only stated obstacle being parental consent. The lawsuit states that Rafferty and other doctors sent Ayala down the “path of ‘gender-affirming’ medicalization” rather than addressing the true roots of her mental health problems — six months into her testosterone treatments, Ayala tried to commit suicide.

The treatments, however, continued, until Ayala moved away from Rhode Island and decided to quit them “cold-turkey.” Now comfortable with her gender, she regrets what the doctors did to her, the lawsuit says.

“Isabelle is now twenty years old and longs for what could have been and to have her healthy, female body back,” it says. “The changes the testosterone have had on her body are a constant reminder that she needed an unbiased medical expert willing to evaluate her mental health and provide her the care she needed, rather than a group of ideologues set on promoting their own agenda and furthering a broader conspiracy at her expense.” (Read more from “American Academy of Pediatrics Named in Bombshell Detransitioner Lawsuit” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Associate at Center of China Money Transfers Played Golf With Joe up to a Dozen Times, FBI Docs Show

Hunter Biden’s former business associate Rob Walker, who wired money from China to Biden family members, played golf with Joe Biden between “eight to twelve times,” he told the FBI in a December 2020 transcribed interview.

Walker spoke to the FBI about his role in Hunter Biden’s business enterprise with Chinese partners and described his golf outings with Joe Biden, according to a partially redacted transcript of his FBI interview.

“Okay. Have you met the V.P.?” FBI agent Wilson, whose first name is redacted in the transcript, asked.

“Yes,” Walker replied. Wilson appeared to press Walker about his interactions with Joe Biden.

“I mean I would get called and I’d.., I’d play golf with him probably eight to twelve times,” Walker stated.

(Read more from “Biden Associate at Center of China Money Transfers Played Golf With Joe up to a Dozen Times, FBI Docs Show” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Rashida Tlaib Slammed for Response to Death of Synagogue President in Detroit

Tragedy struck in Detroit over the weekend, when 40-year-old Samantha Woll was found dead after a fatal stabbing outside of her home. She had been the president of the Isaac Agree Downtown Synagogue since 2022 and had formerly served as an aide to Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-MI), and was a campaign staffer for Attorney General Dana Nessel (D), according to the Detroit Free Press. She had been identified in a statement by Mayor Mike Duggan, the Associated Press mentioned. Woll was also known for having founded the Muslim-Jewish Forum of Detroit. The synagogue is in the 13th Congressional District, not far from Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s (D-MI) 12th Congressional District, who represented the 13th until the maps were redrawn due to redistricting.

Not only has Tlaib pushed the falsehood that Israel was responsible for the explosion at the hospital, her outrage could not be more selective. As of Sunday afternoon, she has not yet posted from either of her X accounts about Woll’s death.

The Detroit Free Press highlighted a post from the congresswoman’s personal page, though there’s nothing on her other Facebook pages, Instagram, or either of her X accounts. This is despite Tlaib’s Facebook referring to her as a “friend.”

Newsweek highlighted outrage over Tlaib’s reaction–or lack thereof–on Saturday night, pointing out “Rashida Tlaib Under Fire After Detroit Synagogue Leader’s Slaying.”

(Read more from “Rashida Tlaib Slammed for Response to Death of Synagogue President in Detroit” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Files Three Motions to Dismiss 2020 Election Case

Former President Donald Trump’s lawyers have filed three new motions to dismiss the case surrounding his alleged attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

The defense’s arguments for dismissal are on constitutional grounds, on legal grounds, and on selective prosecution grounds, saying the indictment “rants endlessly about President Trump’s politics” and shows “a shockingly un-American display of authoritarianism…”

Trump also claimed that he should be granted absolute immunity in the federal election interference case against him. The prosecution, led by special counsel Jack Smith, rebuked that argument in a filing last week.

Jack Smith’s team will also get a chance to respond to the newly filed motions within the next few weeks. (Read more from “Trump Files Three Motions to Dismiss 2020 Election Case” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Pentagon Outlines Multiple Chinese Attack Plans for Taiwan

China’s military is building up forces for an attack on Taiwan that could take place in the coming years as part of a campaign by President Xi Jinping for “national rejuvenation,” according to the latest Pentagon’s annual report on the Chinese military.

The report, based on declassified intelligence from the Defense Intelligence Agency, military and other spy services, provides the most detailed U.S. government assessment made public to date of Chinese plans for military action against the self-ruled, democratic island Beijing claims as its territory.

China “continues to signal its willingness to use military force against Taiwan” while asserting it seeks a peaceful solution to cross-strait ties, the report noted. . .

“The PLA has a range of options to coerce Taipei based on its increasing capabilities in multiple domains,” the annual assessment concludes.

One new weapons system near Taiwan disclosed in the report is a long-range multiple rocket artillery system that was tested during war games held near Taiwan in August 2022. Military analyst Tom Shugart said the new rocket system allows the PLA to target the entire island of Taiwan from areas along the Chinese mainland coast. (Read more from “Pentagon Outlines Multiple Chinese Attack Plans for Taiwan” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.