The Real Reason Hamas Just Released Two American Hostages

According to Israeli officials, Iranian-backed terrorist organization Hamas released two American hostages Friday afternoon for “humanitarian” purposes after kidnapping and holding them in the Gaza Strip for nearly two weeks. The release of Natalie and Judith Raanan, a mother and daughter from Illinois, was reportedly negotiated by Qatar – a major non-NATO U.S. ally under heavy scrutiny for harboring Hamas leaders who live in luxury in the capitol of Doha.

“Today, we have secured the release of two Americans taken hostage by Hamas during the horrific terrorist assault against Israel on October 7. Our fellow citizens have endured a terrible ordeal these past 14 days, and I am overjoyed that they will soon be reunited with their family, who has been wracked with fear,” President Joe Biden released in a statement. “These individuals and their family will have the full support of the United States government as they recover and heal, and we should all respect their privacy in this moment.”

“From the earliest moments of this attack, we have been working around-the-clock to free American citizens who were taken hostage by Hamas, and we have not ceased our efforts to secure the release of those who are still being held. I thank the government of Qatar and the government of Israel for their partnership in this work,” the president continued. “Jill and I have been holding close in our hearts all the families of unaccounted for Americans. And, as I told those families when I spoke with them last week—we will not stop until we get their loved ones home. As president, I have no higher priority than the safety of Americans held hostage around the world.”

(Read more from “The Real Reason Hamas Just Released Two American Hostages” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Democrat Lawmaker Plans to Announce Primary Bid Against Biden Next Week

Rep. Dean Phillips (D-MN) is reportedly planning on announcing a presidential campaign in New Hampshire next week to challenge President Joe Biden, who Phillips does not believe has what it takes to win a second term in office.

POLITICO reported that Phillips will launch his bid on October 27 in Concord, New Hampshire, but cautioned he could still back out of it.

Phillips has played footsie with the idea for months as he has tried to encourage other, more prominent Democrats to jump into the race after saying earlier this year that he planned on running for president one day, but he wasn’t sure if he was ready at this moment in time.

A Democrat consulting firm obtained a permit for the State House Plaza next Friday morning for the alleged forthcoming announcement, the report said. (Read more from “Democrat Lawmaker Plans to Announce Primary Bid Against Biden Next Week” HERE)

Photo credit: Kelly Kline via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Jim Jordan’s Surrender Clears Path for New Candidates — Here Are the Ones We Know About

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) waved the white flag Friday in his battle to be named the next Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Jordan failed to win the gavel in a third round of voting Friday, with 25 members — more than in either of the earlier ballots — voting against him.

The House Judiciary Committee chairman and founding member of the Freedom Caucus struggled to win over moderates in his last bid for the speakership, winning just 194 votes from his colleagues on the House floor Friday before suspending his run hours later.

Potential replacements filled the void soon after, with Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) and Reps. Kevin Hern (R-Okla.) and Jack Bergman (R-Mich.) throwing their hats in the ring, in hopes of being the one to replace Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who was stripped of the speakership in an Oct. 3 vote. (Read more from “Jim Jordan’s Surrender Clears Path for New Candidates — Here Are the Ones We Know About” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

CVS Pulls Popular Cold Medicines From Store Shelves

CVS said on Thursday that it is voluntarily removing certain common oral cough and cold products after a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory panel determined last month that its active ingredient doesn’t work.

“We are voluntarily removing certain oral cough and cold products that contain phenylephrine as the only active ingredient from CVS Pharmacy stores,” a CVS spokesperson said. “Other oral cough and cold products will continue to be offered to meet consumer needs.”

“We are aware of the FDA Advisory Committee’s position on oral phenylephrine (PE) and will follow direction from the FDA to ensure products we sell comply with all laws and regulations,” the spokesperson continued.

The move comes just a month after all 16 members of the FDA’s Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee (NDAC) agreed that oral phenylephrine, found in common versions of Sudafed, Mucinex, Vicks, Allegra and Dayquil, isn’t effective in offering relief from nasal congestion.

The FDA clarified that neither the agency nor the committee raised concerns about safety issues with the use of oral phenylephrine at the recommended dose. (Read more from “CVS Pulls Popular Cold Medicines From Store Shelves” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

New Yorker Who Survived Hamas Festival Massacre Stunned by Antisemitism Protests at Home: ‘Feel Safer in Israel Than in U.S.’

A Long Island native who survived Hamas’ slaughter at an Israeli music festival said she still doesn’t feel safe after returning home due to the increasing acts of antisemitism put on display at the countless protests that have erupted since the war began.

Natalie Sanandaji, 28, thought the worst was over after surviving the horrifying attack on Oct. 7 and returning home a week later, but the Jewish New Yorker said the ensuing onslaught of antisemitism scares her.

“A lot of people have asked if I’m scared to go back to Israel after everything that’s happened, and my honest answer is … now more than ever, I want to move to Israel,” Sanandaji told The Post as she calmly recalled her terrifying ordeal Friday.

“Even with everything going on, I feel safer there than I do in the US right now.”

The Iranian Israeli, who lives in a Jewish community on Long Island, said this is the first time in her life that she started to get hate for her faith. (Read more from “New Yorker Who Survived Hamas Festival Massacre Stunned by Antisemitism Protests at Home: ‘Feel Safer in Israel Than in U.S.’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

$200K Payment to Joe Biden From Brother James Appears Linked to Family Business

Evidence exists of a $200,000 payment to now-President Joe Biden — in 2018, before his election to the White House — from his brother, James Biden, and James’ wife, Sara Biden, House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-KY) revealed Friday.

The revelation shows Joe Biden personally accepting money from his family’s overseas business ventures, despite denying his involvement in the business at least nine times. “Where is the money? Joe Biden asked reporters in September. Comer believes he found some.

“A document that we’re releasing today raises new questions about how President Biden personally benefited from his family’s shady influence peddling of his name and their access to him,” Comer said in a video released on X. “Bank records obtained by the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability have revealed a $200,000 direct payment from James and Sara Biden to Joe Biden in the form of a personal check.” . . .

Comer will now investigate if Joe Biden has a loan document proving he lent money to his brother and if the president had similar arrangements with other family members. (Read more from “$200K Payment to Joe Biden From Brother James Appears Linked to Family Business” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Gag Order Put On Hold as Washington Judge Weighs Appeal

Former President Donald Trump’s gag order was put on hold while a Washington judge weighs his appeal.

On Monday, Trump received a limited gag order in the criminal election interference case in Washington, D.C., blocking him from making statements publicly targeting prosecutors, court staff, and their families and blocking him from posting about witnesses and their testimony. However, that order was lifted Friday, and a timetable for responses was established.

“It is hereby ORDERED that the court’s 105 Opinion and Order is administratively STAYED to permit the parties’ briefing and the court’s consideration of Defendant’s Motion,” the court filing said. “It is FURTHER ORDERED that the government shall file any opposition to Defendant’s Motion by October 25, 2023, and that Defendant shall file any Reply by October 28, 2023.” (Read more from “Trump Gag Order Put On Hold as Washington Judge Weighs Appeal” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

GOP Candidate Suspends Long-Shot Presidential Campaign

Long-shot Republican presidential candidate Perry Johnson announced the suspension of his campaign.

Johnson failed to reach 1% in any national polling but still garnered headlines for his innovative campaign tactics, including selling $1 T-shirts to meet the 40,000 individual donor requirement. Despite this, Johnson failed to meet the criteria to reach the Republican debate stage, leading to the businessman lambasting the Republican National Committee for alleged corruption, going so far as to file a Federal Electoral Commission complaint against it. He blamed the RNC for his campaign failing to take off and for his move to suspend his campaign.

“I must admit, the corruption among leaders at the RNC during this process was appalling,” Johnson said in the statement. “Not only was the debate process set up to keep outsiders off the stage and without a voice, but when we did meet their arbitrary metrics, corrupt leaders used their authoritarian power to kick me off the stage at 11 p.m. the Monday before the debate, despite our team working with Fox News all weekend on logistics.”

“With no opportunity to share my vision on the debate stage, I have decided at this time, suspending my campaign is the right thing to do,” he said.

(Read more from “GOP Candidate Suspends Long-Shot Presidential Campaign” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

White House Posts – Then Deletes – Photo Outing Special Operators Working to Free Hamas Hostages; Media Gaffe Could Put Operators’ Lives ‘In Danger,’ Special Operations Group Says

By New York Post. The Biden administration admitted Thursday that it had accidentally outed the identities of several US special operators working to help Israel find and rescue hostages taken by Hamas terrorists.

In one of the more egregious examples of the old adage, “loose lips sink ships,” the White House posted a photo to its official Instagram account of President Biden shaking the hand of a member of the Army’s elite counter terrorism unit.

Along with the service member Biden was greeting, the faces of three other Delta Force fighters could be seen in the photo.

The soldier shaking hands with Biden also revealed a distinctive set of tattoos on his right arm.

The revealing photograph was up for approximately an hour before officials were made aware of the problem, a White House spokesperson told The Post. (Read more from “White House Posts – Then Deletes – Photo Outing Special Operators Working to Free Hamas Hostages” HERE)

____________________________________________________

Biden White House’s Media Gaffe Could Put Operators’ Lives ‘In Danger,’ Special Operations Group Says

By Daily Caller. The head of an organization that represents special operators said a White House social media misstep that exposed special operators could put the lives of those servicemembers at risk in exclusive comments to the Daily Caller News Foundation on Thursday.

On Wednesday night, the White House social media account posted, and then deleted, a photo of President Joe Biden meeting with special forces personnel in Israel that exposed their faces — and thus identities. David Cook, the executive director for the Special Operations Association of America, told the DCNF the security breach could not only endanger the lives and careers of the operators exposed in the photo but give Hamas, whom the U.S. is helping Israel defeat, a “huge propaganda win.”

“I don’t even know what to say. These are horrible operational security failures,” Cook told the DCNF.

“The risk is high. These guys that got pictured, it could ruin their careers. They could put their families in danger. It could put them in danger,” Cook told the DCNF.

Modern facial recognition technology aside, photos that did circulate blacking out the operators’ faces still showed tattoos, watches and other identifying details. Adversaries could easily exploit this information to target the operators or their families, Cook said. (Read more from “Biden White House’s Media Gaffe Could Put Operators’ Lives ‘In Danger,’ Special Operations Group Says” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

McCarthy Screams at Gaetz as Fellow GOP Rep ‘Almost Lunged at Him’

The Republican conference meeting grew heated following the announcement that Rep Jim Jordan is relaunching his campaign for the gavel after putting a pause on his speakership bid.

Rep Kevin McCarthy, the recently ousted speaker, reportedly screamed at Rep Matt Gaetz, who brought the motion to vacate against Mr McCarthy earlier this month, to sit down and Rep Michael Bost was seen “almost lunging at him,” a person who was in the room told Axios.

Mr Jordan backtracked on a pause on his speakership bid on Thursday (19 October), announcing in the afternoon that the members of the House GOP had rejected a temporary solution to empower interim speaker Patrick McHenry until January.

“We made the pitch to members on the resolution as a way to lower the temperature and get back to work. We decided that wasn’t where we’re gonna go. I’m still running for speaker and I plan to go the floor and get the votes and win this race,” he said, according to the Washington Examiner.

According to Punchbowl News, Majority Whip Tom Emmer said: “As I have made very clear over the last few days, we should never allow a Democrat-backed coalition government. Ever. The only coalition we should be looking to build is a Republican coalition uniting all of our conference.” (Read more from “McCarthy Screams at Gaetz as Fellow GOP Rep ‘Almost Lunged at Him’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.