Here’s How Pro-Life Advocates Plan to Win in Court and Pull the Abortion Pill off the Market for Good

An Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) lawyer handling a closely watched case on the abortion pill, which heads to the Fifth Circuit for oral arguments on May 17, told the Daily Caller News Foundation that it’s time to hold the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accountable for decades of “stonewalling judicial review” on its decision to approve the pill.

The case, Alliance Hippocratic Medicine v. FDA, was subject to fast-tracked litigation after the government appealed a district court’s April 7 ruling that suspended access to the pill, a decision the Supreme Court temporarily blocked on April 21 pending the Fifth Circuit’s coming review. ADF Legal Counsel Erica Steinmiller-Perdomo said coming oral arguments in the Fifth Circuit provide an opportunity to argue why the district court’s ruling suspending the pill “should be upheld in its entirety.”

“Our doctors are on the front lines treating women in emergency rooms across America,” she told the DCNF. “We have four plaintiff medical associations who have doctors in all 50 states who are dealing with the fallout from the FDA’s unlawful actions and cleaning up after these abortionists, who are recklessly dispensing drugs to women without diagnosing ectopic pregnancies, without making sure they are near a hospital at the time they are doing the chemical abortion procedure, and not ensuring that they get follow up treatment.”

Steinmiller-Perdomo said the FDA “misused” its approval authority when it approved mifepristone, the first of two drugs used in a chemical abortion, under accelerated approval regulations that forced them to categorize pregnancy as a “serious or life threatening illness.”

The government argues in its brief filed April 26 that plaintiffs “lack standing,” noting that they have “not shown that they will be injured at all, much less irreparably, by maintaining the status quo that they left unchallenged for years and that the Supreme Court has now preserved during these proceedings.” (Read more from “Here’s How Pro-Life Advocates Plan to Win in Court and Pull the Abortion Pill off the Market for Good” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Drag Queen on RuPaul’s ‘Drag Race’ Accused of Homosexual Rape of Production Assistant After Crew Party

A drag queen star contestant of RuPaul’s “Drag Race” show was accused of raping a production assistant after a crew party in 2020.

The accusations were reported from a lawsuit against Darius Jeremy Pierce, a man who performs under the stage name Shangela.

The victim alleges that Pierce bought drinks for the crew at the party many times, including McGarrigle. He then allegedly invited McGarrigle back to his hotel room to help him pack for an early morning flight.

The lawsuit says McGarrigle fell asleep fully dressed in Pierce’s hotel room in Louisiana. When he awoke, he claims that his pants had been pulled down and Pierce was trying to penetrate him.

McGarrigle said that he yelled “no” in protest and tried to fight him off but was allegedly overpowered. (Read more from “Drag Queen on RuPaul’s ‘Drag Race’ Accused of Homosexual Rape of Production Assistant After Crew Party” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Report: Tucker Carlson Gearing Up to Attack Fox News

Sources say former Fox News host Tucker Carlson is gearing up to push the outlet into letting him continue his career elsewhere.

Lawyer Bryan Freedman, whom Carlson retained for the contract dispute, said the notion Carlson’s voice would be silenced was “beyond preposterous,” Axios reported Sunday.

The outlet said Fox hopes to sideline Carlson by offering him $20 million a year not to work, adding he is “busy plotting a media empire of his own. But he needs Fox to let him out of his contract, which expires in January 2025 — after the presidential election.”

“Axios has learned that Carlson and Elon Musk had a conversation about working together, but didn’t discuss specifics,” the outlet reported.

In April, Fox announced it was parting ways with Carlson who previously hosted the popular show, Tucker Carlson Tonight. The decision came as a surprise, according to Breitbart News. (Read more from “Report: Tucker Carlson Gearing Up to Attack Fox News” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

ABC/Wapo Poll: Trump Opens up 7-Point Lead Over Biden in 2024 Race

Former President Donald Trump, a Republican, has opened up a clear lead over President Joe Biden, a Democrat, in the 2024 race for the White House, a Washington Post and ABC News poll shows.

The poll shows 49 percent of respondents said they would definitely or probably vote for Trump against Biden, or that they lean towards voting for Trump, whereas Biden in such a scenario only nets 42 percent.

That means Trump leads Biden by seven percent, well outside the survey’s margin of error.

In total, if Trump is the GOP nominee in 2024, the cross tabs for the poll show 36 percent say they would definitely vote for him against Biden, another nine percent say they would probably vote for Trump in that scenario, and another five percent are leaning toward voting for Trump.

In said scenario, Biden only has 32 percent who say they will definitely vote for him, just six percent who said they probably would, and another four percent who said they lean toward voting for Biden. (Read more from “ABC/Wapo Poll: Trump Opens up 7-Point Lead Over Biden in 2024 Race” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden: Hunter Has ‘Done Nothing Wrong’ and His Situation Impacts My Presidency ‘by Making Me Feel Proud of Him’

By Breitbart. During an interview with MSNBC on Friday aired on Friday’s broadcast of “The 11th Hour,” President Joe Biden responded to the prospect of his son, Hunter, facing federal charges from the Department of Justice and how any potential charges brought by the DOJ will impact his presidency by stating that “my son’s done nothing wrong.” And that the situation surrounding Hunter “impacts my presidency by making me feel proud of him.” (Read more from “Biden: Hunter Has ‘Done Nothing Wrong’ and His Situation Impacts My Presidency ‘by Making Me Feel Proud of Him’” HERE)

____________________________________________________

‘I Told Him I Couldn’t Be There Because I Have This Going On:’ Biden Claims He Couldn’t Attend Charles’ Coronation Due to Cozy MSNBC Interview – But Says He’ll Meet King After NATO Summit

By Daily Mail. President Joe Biden brushed his decision not to attend King Charles III’s coronation on Saturday during a softball interview with MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle by saying: ‘I told him I couldn’t be there because I have this going on.’

Biden, 80, said that he told the king that he would be in the United Kingdom during the summer during the NATO conference. ‘He’s a good acquaintance and we’ve worked together on environmental issues,’ the president said of King Charles III.

The president dispatched his wife to represent the US at the celebrations in London. No American president has ever attended a British coronation. First Lady Jill Biden’s first stop was a meeting with Akshata Murty, the wife of Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.

During the MSNBC interview, his first since February’s sit down with PBS Newshour, Biden was asked why voters should choose the octogenarian.

‘I have acquired a hell of a lot of wisdom. And know more than the vast majority of people – I’m more experienced than anybody who has ever run for the office. And I think I’ve proven myself to be honorable as well as also effective,’ he bragged. (Read more from “‘I Told Him I Couldn’t Be There Because I Have This Going On:’ Biden Claims He Couldn’t Attend Charles’ Coronation Due to Cozy MSNBC Interview – But Says He’ll Meet King After NATO Summit” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Damning’ Emails Show Hunter Biden Laptop Letter Was ‘Dirty Campaign Trick’ to Hurt Trump

Republicans condemned new information exposed by the Washington Examiner that ex-intelligence leaders sought to give then-candidate Joe Biden a “talking point” in his critical 2020 debate with Donald Trump when they signed onto a letter discrediting stories about Hunter Biden’s laptop.

On Thursday, the Washington Examiner revealed that Mike Morell, former deputy director of the CIA, sent a recruitment email, along with a draft of the letter, to intelligence officials days ahead of the second presidential debate between Biden and Trump. In the letter, Morell admitted that one purpose of the letter, which was published Oct. 19, 2020, was to give Biden an opportunity to rebut Trump should a discussion about the “laptop from hell” come up.

Rep. James Comer (R-KY), who is leading an investigation into the Biden family’s finances and this week subpoenaed FBI Director Christopher Wray for records describing an alleged “criminal scheme,” called the Washington Examiner’s revelations “outrageous.”

“It’s outrageous that former intelligence officials deliberately chose to spread disinformation to help Joe Biden’s presidential bid,” Comer, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, told the Washington Examiner. “The signers of the 2020 letter severely tarnished the intelligence community’s reputation and it was a steep price to pay to help Joe Biden. House Republicans will continue working to expose this dirty campaign trick and ensure accountability for the American people.”

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), who along with Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) has conducted a yearslong investigation into Hunter Biden’s lucrative business dealings and accused Secretary of State Antony Blinken of providing false testimony on his email contact with Hunter Biden, was also outraged by the Washington Examiner’s findings about the motivation behind the letter. (Read more from “‘Damning’ Emails Show Hunter Biden Laptop Letter Was ‘Dirty Campaign Trick’ to Hurt Trump” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Marine Who Grappled With Homeless Man on NYC Subway Identified: Reports

The Marine who grappled with a homeless man on the New York City Subway in early May has been identified as a sergeant named Daniel Penny, according to multiple reports.

Penny, 24, is the Marine who placed 30-year-old Jordan Neely in a chokehold Tuesday after Neely boarded a Subway train and allegedly began acting aggressively toward his fellow passengers, Insider reported Friday, citing a law enforcement official. Penny’s reported attempt to subdue the allegedly unhinged homeless man proved fatal and Neely’s death was later ruled a homicide by the NYC medical examiner.

Penny joined the Marines in 2017 as an infantryman and rose to the rank of sergeant, Insider reported. His time in the Marines lasted until 2021 — though police officials say he is still on active duty service and in good standing with the U.S. Marine Corps, according to the New York Post. Reportedly a surfing enthusiast, Penny said on his Harri profile that he was passionate about “helping, communicating, and connecting to different people from all over the world,” Insider added.

(Read more from “Marine Who Grappled With Homeless Man on NYC Subway Identified: Reports” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Retired Army Rangers Hammer the Pentagon for Purging Confederates From the Ranger Memorial

After the Army erased names on the Ranger Memorial believed to be associated with the Confederacy, retired Rangers told the Daily Caller News Foundation the move undermines the memorial’s intent to honor the contributions of Rangers throughout U.S. history.

Fort Benning’s Col. Colin Mahle proceeded with recommendations from the Congressionally-mandated Naming Commission to cover or remove certain names on the Ranger Memorial associated with the Confederacy, even though they served the United States honorably, retired Brig. Gen. Joseph Stringham, Chairman of the National Ranger Memorial Foundation, wrote in a letter on April 28. Not only did the commission dishonor the Rangers commemorated, but hiding the names denies free expression of those who contributed to the memorial for the sake of political clout, retired Rangers told the DNCF.

“It’s disgraceful. I think it’s foolish because it covers up history,” Retired Ranger 1st Lt. Richard Fincher, who served in the 101st Airborne Division and has a target stone in the memorial, told the DCNF. “Recognizing the valor and leadership of a foe does not constitute the endorsement of their cause.”

Congress instructed DOD to identify and root out any symbols, buildings, equipment or other assets that might appear to commemorate the Confederacy in 2021, according to a statement. In response, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin tapped civilian and defense officials to review every single DOD asset and make a list of recommendations for change, ordering the changes in October. (Read more from “Retired Army Rangers Hammer the Pentagon for Purging Confederates From the Ranger Memorial” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Medical Center Accused of Performing Illegal ‘Gender Transitioning’ Surgeries on Children — Texas AG Launches Investigation

Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced on Friday that his office had launched an investigation into Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin after allegations surfaced that the clinic illegally performs “gender transitioning” surgeries on children.

In 2021, the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services declared that gender surgeries on minors are “child abuse.” Last year, Paxton issued an opinion that “so-called sex-change” surgeries and puberty blockers for children constitute child abuse under Texas law.

Paxton shared the announcement on Twitter, writing, “I am launching an investigation into Dell Children’s Medical Center regarding gender transitioning of minors. Gender transitioning minors is child abuse, and child abuse will not be tolerated.”

As part of the investigation, Paxton issued a Request to Examine to the medical center, which requires the institution to answer for the allegations to determine if any laws were violated.

Paxton said, “It is now alarmingly common for fringe activists to use their positions in medicine and health care to force experimental, life-altering procedures onto children.” (Read more from “Medical Center Accused of Performing Illegal ‘Gender Transitioning’ Surgeries on Children — Texas AG Launches Investigation” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

U.S. To Fast-Track $500M Military Package to Taiwan: Report

The United States is reportedly fast-tracking a $500 million military aid package to Taiwan as top officials grow concerned about the pace of Chinese aggression against the island nation.

The Biden administration is planning to use authority that it has relied on to expedite aid to Ukraine, according to Bloomberg. The Defense Department will take from stockpiles of U.S. weapons and ammunition under the Presidential Drawdown Authority to give to Taiwan.

The package would be the first sent to Taiwan using the drawdown authority. The Biden administration is looking to streamline U.S. aid to Taiwan because of assessments that China is undeterred in its ambition to retake the island nation.

The 2023 National Defense Authorization Act allocated $3 billion in annual military aid to Taiwan, according to Defense News. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin told the Senate Armed Services Committee in March that the Pentagon intends to send $1 billion in aid to Taiwan with the Presidential Drawdown Authority.

The Biden administration has already sent tens of billions of dollars-worth of aid to Ukraine using the fast-track authority since Russia’s invasion last year. Between January 2022 to February 2023, the United States has committed nearly $80 billion in aid to Ukraine, according to a tracker at the Kiel Institute for the World Economy. About $48 billion of that aid is military, $4 billion is humanitarian, and $27 billion is economic. (Read more from “U.S. To Fast-Track $500M Military Package to Taiwan: Report” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.