Fed Economists See Bank Turmoil Triggering Recession This Year

The recent turmoil in the U.S. banking sector is likely to tip the economy into a mild recession later this year, Federal Reserve officials were told by the central bank’s staff economists last month.

Minutes from the March meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee released Wednesday afternoon indicated that Fed economists forecast a recession beginning later this year. The economy is not expected to fully bounce back until after next year, the minutes show.

“Given their assessment of the potential economic effects of the recent banking-sector developments, the staff’s projection at the time of the March meeting included a mild recession starting later this year, with a recovery over the subsequent two years. Real GDP growth in 2024 was projected to remain below the staff’s estimate of potential output growth, and then GDP growth in 2025 was expected to be above that of potential,” the minutes report.

The Fed’s staff now see the level of real output to fall below its estimate of potential output in early 2024, more than a year sooner than in the previous projection. The unemployment rate was projected to rise above the staff’s estimate of its natural rate early next year. (Read more from “Fed Economists See Bank Turmoil Triggering Recession This Year” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

MORE LIES: Internal Emails Suggest Biden White House Was Involved in Mar-a-Lago Raid Despite Previous Denial

Biden Administration Was Involved in Authorizing Mar-a-Lago Raid, Report From Trump Aide’s Legal Group Claims: Emails Suggest FBI Accessed Ex-president’s Records With White House’s Help

By Daily Mail. The legal entity run by former Trump senior adviser Stephen Miller is claiming that their independent probe found that President Joe Biden was involved in giving authorization for the FBI to raid Mar-a-Lago last year.

America First Legal filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request that they claim resulted in discovery that the FBI initially obtained access to the records through a ‘special access request’ from Biden’s White House.

‘I called it the morning of the Mar-a-Lago raid. Biden knew everything!!!’ Trump’s middle son Eric Trump tweeted in response to the new report. . .

America First Legal, self-dubbed as a ‘long-awaited answer to the ACLU,’ is calling on the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to turn over materials related to Biden’s involvement in the raid of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.

In August 2022, the FBI conducted a raid on Trump’s residence in Palm Beach, Florida to obtain documents and materials he took from the White House when they were required to be handed over to the National Archives for preservation. (Read more from “Biden Administration Was Involved in Authorizing Mar-a-Lago Raid, Report From Trump Aide’s Legal Group Claims: Emails Suggest FBI Accessed Ex-president’s Records With White House’s Help” HERE)

_____________________________________________

Internal Emails Suggest Biden White House Was Involved in Mar-a-Lago Raid

By Townhall. Remember how insistent White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was that President Biden and the White House had no knowledge of or involvement with the FBI’s August 2022 raid of former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate? Or how many times Jean-Pierre emphasized that the Department of Justice was a totally independent entity operating without partisan political steering from the Oval Office?

Well, America First Legal now says an investigation they conducted has turned up documents showing that the Biden White House was, in fact, involved in the unprecedented raid on a former president. What’s more, AFL’s investigation also found reason to believe the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) misled Congress about its knowledge of how the raid was approved.

Through its investigation, America First Legal obtained internal NARA emails showing discussions of the DOJ’s “special access request” related to the documents that Trump is alleged to have kept improperly after leaving office in 2021:

One email from NARA’s General Counsel that was obtained states that Archives officials emailed former Trump administration lawyers “to tell them the Justice Department, via the Biden White House, had made the request.”

Via the Biden White House, eh? Would that be the Biden White House that said it was shocked to learn of the raid? In a Twitter thread, America First Legal brought the receipts:

(Read more from “Internal Emails Suggest Biden White House Was Involved in Mar-a-Lago Raid” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Melania Trump Fires Back at Press After Prolonged Public Absence

Former first lady Melania Trump’s office warned the public Tuesday not to believe speculation on her “personal, professional, and political” stances, two days after she appeared in public with former President Donald Trump for the first time since his arrest.

Melania, 52, accompanied her husband, 76, to Easter brunch at Mar-a-Lago Sunday, and broke her silence online one week after the 45th president was charged with 34 felony counts of business fraud by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg. . .

Tuesday’s statement from the former first lady’s office did not call out any specific news organizations, but criticized articles where “unnamed sources are cited to bolster the author’s claims.”

“We ask readers to exercise caution and good judgment when determining whether or not stories concerning the former First Lady are accurate, particularly when they fail to cite Mrs. Trump as a source of information,” added the office, which did not mention the former president or his ongoing legal battles.

Trump is due back in court Dec. 4 after pleading not guilty to all the charges. The former president has denied any wrongdoing in connection with the payments, as well as having an affair with Daniels, whom he has repeatedly referred to as “Horseface.” (Read more from “Melania Trump Fires Back at Press After Prolonged Public Absence” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Dems Dealt Yet Another Blow as Congressman Jumps Ship, the Third to Switch to GOP in a Month

Democrats were dealt another blow from within their own ranks this week as yet another state lawmaker declared he was leaving the party.

According to a Monday report by The Advocate, a Louisiana-based newspaper, state Rep. Jeremy LaCombe announced he had left the Democratic Party and would be registering as a Republican.

It was not immediately clear what prompted LaCombe’s departure, however he is now the second Louisiana Democrat in less than a month to switch party affiliations, and the third nationwide after another state lawmaker in North Carolina did the same.

Last month, Louisiana state Rep. Francis Thompson gave Republicans in the state House a supermajority after he switched his party affiliation, and earlier this month, North Carolina state Rep. Tricia Cotham gave Republicans in the state House a supermajority with her switch as well. (Read more from “Dems Dealt Yet Another Blow as Congressman Jumps Ship, the Third to Switch to GOP in a Month” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

How Many Americans Are ‘Very Likely’ to Buy Electric for Their Next Car?

Some 19% of Americans indicate that they are “extremely likely” or “very likely” to purchase an electric vehicle for their next car, even as multiple states attempt to transition toward 100% adoption of the vehicles for new car purchases within the next decade.

The plurality of respondents to a poll from the Associated Press and the National Opinion Research Center said they were “not too likely” or “not at all likely” to buy an electric vehicle, while another 22% indicated they were “somewhat likely” to buy electric and 12% said they “do not expect to purchase a vehicle.” Dominant reasons for hesitance toward electric cars were prohibitively high costs, a lack of charging stations, and personal preference for gas vehicles, as well as concerns with charging times and lack of confidence in current battery technology.

Those who were open to purchasing electric cars meanwhile cited savings on fuel, tax breaks, lessened climate impact, and reduced costs for vehicle maintenance. The poll was conducted between between Jan. 31-Feb. 15 and had 5,400 respondents. It had a 1.7% margin of error.

“While there is plenty of interest in purchasing an electric vehicle, the high upfront cost of owning one and concerns about the country’s charging infrastructure are barriers to more people driving them,” AP-NORC Center Deputy Director Jennifer Benz said in a statement. “Policies that alleviate these concerns will be a key component of building support.”

The concerns regarding electric vehicles could present obstacles to the multiple states which are attempting to encourage universal adoption of the nascent technology within the next several years. California Air Resources Board officials issued new rules last year requiring 35% of new vehicles to be zero-emission by 2026, a standard that will rise to a 68% benchmark by 2030 and a 100% benchmark by 2035. States such as Massachusetts, Washington, and Virginia have previously passed laws conforming their states to the standards. (Read more from “How Many Americans Are ‘Very Likely’ to Buy Electric for Their Next Car?” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Ron DeSantis Pushes ‘Toughest’ Illegal Immigration Crackdown in Country With New Legislative Package

The Republican-controlled Florida Legislature is in the process of considering an aggressive set of legislative proposals from Gov. Ron DeSantis to combat the illegal immigration crisis that has exploded during President Joe Biden’s administration.

The New York Times called DeSantis’ legislative push “the toughest crackdown” on illegal immigration by any state in recent memory and noted that it is likely to pass and be signed into law.

“With this legislation, Florida is continuing to crack down on the smuggling of illegal aliens, stopping municipalities from issuing ID cards to people here illegally, and ensuring that employers are hiring American citizens or those here legally,” DeSantis said when the package was unveiled in February. “Florida is a law and order state, and we won’t turn a blind eye to the dangers of Biden’s Border Crisis. We will continue to take steps to protect Floridians from reckless federal open border policies.”

DeSantis’ proposal would make it a third-degree felony punishable by up to five years in prison to knowingly transport, conceal, or harbor illegal aliens. The felony would be upgraded to a second-degree felony punishable by 15 years in prison if the illegal alien is a minor. (Read more from “Ron DeSantis Pushes ‘Toughest’ Illegal Immigration Crackdown in Country With New Legislative Package” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Expelled Tennessee Democrat Was Previously Banned From Capitol for Assaulting GOP Speaker

. . .Rep. Justin Jones (update: who has since been re-appointed to the seat and sworn back in, pending a special election) has experience in this realm, after all. Strangely, this relevant little nugget was omitted from nearly all of the hero worship “news” coverage of the expulsions. I can’t imagine why:

A protester behind a series of recent demonstrations at the Tennessee state Capitol has been banned from the building and ordered to have no contact with House Speaker Glen Casada after being charged Thursday with assault. Justin Jones, 23, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of disorderly conduct after authorities say he threw a cup of coffee into an elevator, striking Casada and Rep. Debra Moody, R-Covington…According to arrest documents, Jones “attempted to push his way past uniformed state troopers” as he approached the elevator while yelling “Casada is a racist.” Jones then is accused of throwing a paper to-go cup “filled with an unknown liquid believed to be hot coffee” into the elevator. The liquid splashed onto Casada and Moody…

So in his days an unelected left-wing agitator, this man — then a divinity student — shoved police officers while accosting the Tennessee House Speaker, per police records, then allegedly hurled a cup of hot coffee at the man, striking his target and another GOP lawmaker. This conduct earned him a ban from the building. Democrats in Tennessee then decided it would be a good idea to nominate and elect Jones to that very chamber, where he flagrantly violated the rules, disrupting the legislative process with a new form aggressive agitation. And that’s not all. He also insulted another GOP colleague with a racial slur, because he’s classy that way:

(Read more from “Expelled Tennessee Democrat Was Previously Banned From Capitol for Assaulting GOP Speaker” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Leaked Docs: NSC Was Afraid Biden Would Blow Ukraine War Plans

The National Security Council (NSC) was reportedly worried President Joe Biden would jeopardize a shipment of ammunition to Ukraine by making a premature phone call to South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol, according to classified Department of Defense (DOD) documents obtained by the Daily Caller.

The Biden administration sought artillery ammunition from South Korea as part of a push to further supply Ukraine in its war against Russia, according to the classified documents, which are dated to early March of 2023. The top secret intelligence indicates that NSC officials were concerned Biden would make a premature phone call to Yoon, throwing into doubt whether or not the U.S. would be able to secure the ammunition.

The classified documents were initially leaked online last month on various social media platforms, the first of which is believed to have been a Minecraft group on Discord. They were subsequently scrubbed from social media, before resurfacing in media reports in recent days, during which time they were acquired by the Daily Caller.

South Korea, while providing non-lethal support directly to Ukraine for over a year, has an official policy against sending lethal aid directly to nations involved in armed conflict. According to the classified documents, South Korean officials including Foreign Affairs Secretary Yi Mun-hui were concerned about who the “end-user” of ammunition sent to the United States would be and whether they would first need to alter their country’s arms policy. (Read more from “Leaked Docs: NSC Was Afraid Biden Would Blow Ukraine War Plans” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

States’ Lawsuit Reveals Feds Pushed Censorship Tools to Big Tech

Disclosures brought about by Missouri and Louisiana’s tech First Amendment lawsuit against the federal government reveal that the U.S. State Department actively marketed government-funded online censorship tools to Big Tech companies.

As reported by the Federalist, an official at the State Department’s Global Engagement Center, or GEC, sent an email to the popular business networking platform LinkedIn advertising the so-called “disinfo cloud,” a GEC-funded project that sought to identify “disinformation” online.

GEC senior advisor Samaruddin Stewart first wrote to LinkedIn in February 2020, requesting a meeting, saying he had been “tasked with building relationships with technology companies,” and that he was reaching out to companies interested in “countering disinformation.”

In another email to LinkedIn employees following the meeting, Stewart advertised the GEC’s censorship tool.

“I’ll send information… about gaining access to Disinfo Cloud — which is a GEC funded platform that offers stakeholders an opportunity to discover companies, technology, and tools that can assist with identifying, understanding, and addressing disinformation,” said Stewart. (Read more from “States’ Lawsuit Reveals Feds Pushed Censorship Tools to Big Tech” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Census Data Shows Mass Exodus From Democrat-Run Cities to Red States

Counties overlapping Democrat-run cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York top the list of locales that have been losing population, while the biggest inflows of people have been to Arizona, Texas, and Florida, according to census data.

A Press Release by the United States Census Bureau revealed that the top county in terms of population loss was Los Angeles County, which lost 90,704 people over a one-year period from 2021 to 2022. . .

Cook County Illinois, home to the city of Chicago, lost 68,314 people during the same period.

In New York, Queens County lost 50,112 people, Kings County lost 46,970 people, and Bronx County lost 41,143 people between 2021 and 2022. . .

The counties that had the largest inflows of new residents were Maricopa County, Arizona, which includes Phoenix, and Harris County, Texas, which has Houston as its county seat. Indeed, six of the ten counties that experienced the largest population gains were located in the Lone Star State, with Harris and five other counties experiencing an influx of 209,182 people in aggregate. (Read more from “Census Data Shows Mass Exodus From Democrat-Run Cities to Red States” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.