House Ousts Ilhan Omar From Foreign Affairs Committee in Party Line Vote

The House voted Thursday along party lines to remove Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from her seat on the Foreign Affairs Committee through a resolution that cites her past derogatory remarks about Jewish people and anti-Israel posture.

The vote passed 218 to 211, with all Democrats voting against the resolution and one Republican, Rep. David Joyce (R-OH), voting “present.”

The vote is a win for House Republicans, who hold a slim majority in the chamber, after a few from their conference initially objected to the resolution. The three who had vocally opposed it, Reps. Victoria Spartz (R-IN), Nancy Mace (R-SC), and Ken Buck (R-CO), had flipped their vote by Thursday morning.

Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-MN), a key player in the successful whip operation, told Breitbart News in an exclusive statement that Omar, a fellow Minnesotan, had “no place representing American interests” on the Foreign Affairs Committee.

“There is no debate that Ilhan Omar, the face of antisemitism in the Democrat Party, has no place representing American interests on the Foreign Affairs Committee. Ms. Omar is an embarrassment to Minnesota and our country,” Emmer said. (Read more from “House Ousts Ilhan Omar From Foreign Affairs Committee in Party Line Vote” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Retail Giant Bed, Bath & Beyond to File for Bankruptcy After Removing Mypillow Products

The retail giant is prepared to file for bankruptcy, possibly this week, and has liquidators in place to close more stores unless someone or some company purchases the company at the last minute, Reuters reported.

The timing of any bankruptcy filing was in flux Monday evening, with the U.S. home goods retailer’s advisers locked in meetings exploring any remaining options to avoid it, another person familiar with the matter said. Bed Bath & Beyond is negotiating a loan to help it navigate bankruptcy proceedings, with investment firm Sixth Street in talks to provide some funding, two of the people said. The firm loaned Bed Bath & Beyond $375 million last year. The chain, once considered a category killer in home goods like dinnerware and small appliances, has lined up liquidators who are readying store closing sales that could be launched as soon as this weekend, two of the people said.

The chain had previously announced it was closing 87 of its stores along with five buybuy BABY stores on top of the 150 closures it announced last year. Its health and beauty discount store Harmon is also closing.

The chain said in January 2021 that it would stop selling MyPillow because it was not performing to expectations and not because of its CEO, Mike Lindell’s, politics.

“As previously announced, we have been rationalizing our assortment to discontinue a number of underperforming items and brands. This includes the MyPillow product line,” a spokesperson for the company said to Yahoo Finance. “Our decisions are data-driven, customer-inspired, and are delivering substantial growth in our key destination categories.”

(Read more from “Retail Giant Bed, Bath & Beyond to File for Bankruptcy After Removing Mypillow Products” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Upstate School District Blasted Over ‘Racist’ Post of Dirty Snowman

An upstate New York school district is on thin ice after posting a photo of a dirty snowman that the district praised as being as “diverse” as its student body.

On Tuesday, the Coxsackie-Athens Central School District shared the tone-deaf image of three Coxsackie Elementary school students standing beside a snowman made from three large snowballs speckled with brown dirt, WRRV first reported. . .

The school district deleted the post, but screenshots of the snowman have continued to make the rounds on social media where community members and online users have condemned the district for its insensitivity.

Many people of color have blasted the photo, saying they did not appreciate being compared to dirty snow. (Read more from “Upstate School District Blasted Over ‘Racist’ Post of Dirty Snowman” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Administration Resettles Al Qaeda Terrorist Who Was Direct Subordinate to 9/11 Mastermind

The Biden administration on Thursday resettled a terrorist from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, who served as a direct subordinate to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the Al Qaeda terrorist who was the principal architect of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Majid Khan was sent to Belize; he is the first detainee resettled by the Biden administration. He joined Al Qaeda after the 9/11 attacks and was later arrested in Karachi in March 2003. After he was captured, he revealed information about an Al Qaeda plot to hijack an airplane and fly it into the Library Tower in Los Angeles, the tallest building on the West Coast at the time. In 2012, Khan was charged with conspiracy, murder, and attempted murder in violation of the law of war, providing material support for terrorism, and spying. He pled guilty in February 2012 to conspiracy, murder in violation of the law of war, attempted murder in violation of the law of war, providing material support for terrorism, and spying and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

In June 2022, Khan’s lawyers filed a petition to force the Biden administration to release him as his sentence had ended in March 2022, claiming any place but his native Pakistan would be acceptable, writing that because he had cooperated with the American government the “risk of harm is so great that Petitioner can never return to Pakistan where he would face persecution.” (Read more from “Biden Administration Resettles Al Qaeda Terrorist Who Was Direct Subordinate to 9/11 Mastermind” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Admin Memo Shows It Was Serious About Banning Gas Stoves

The Biden administration seriously considered banning natural gas-powered stoves before it received widespread criticism for considering such a move, according to an internal memo obtained by Fox News Digital.

In the memo dated Oct. 25, 2022, Richard Trumka Jr. — whom President Biden appointed to serve on the five-person Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) — wrote to a fellow commissioner that there was sufficient evidence for the agency to move forward with a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPR) to ban gas stoves in the near future. Trumka’s memo was titled, “NPR Proposing Ban on Gas Stoves (Indoor Air Quality).”

“The need for gas stove regulation has reached a boiling point,” the CPSC commissioner wrote in the October memo. “CPSC has the responsibility to ban consumer products that emit hazardous substances, particularly, when those emissions harm children, under the Federal Hazardous Substances Act.”

“Emerging evidence is sufficient to conclude that gas stoves in homes emit toxic gasses that cause illness and that lower-cost, safer alternatives are available,” Trumka added.

Trumka noted that the two largest U.S. cities, New York City and Los Angeles, had already banned gas stoves in new construction “for health and inequity reasons” and because gas stoves “strongly contribute to climate change through greenhouse gas emissions.”

“There is sufficient information available for CPSC to issue an NPR in FY 2023 proposing to ban gas stoves in homes,” he concluded. “The additional work needed to complete an NPR is primarily economic; the available health and scientific evidence on illnesses caused by the relevant gasses at the concentrations present in homes with gas stoves already exists.” (Read more from “Biden Admin Memo Shows It Was Serious About Banning Gas Stoves” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI to Search Mike Pence’s Home for Classified Documents: Report

The FBI is reportedly set to search former Vice President Mike Pence’s home in Indiana for additional classified documents in the coming days.

Pence and Justice Department officials are currently working on scheduling the search, per the Wall Street Journal.

The former vice president told the National Archives last month he found classified documents from his time as vice president — after former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden were found to have classified documents improperly stored.

Lawyers for Pence say they discovered two boxes of classified documents in his Indiana home on Jan. 18, along with another two boxes that had copies of vice presidential papers, according to CNN. The classified materials were reportedly disclosed to the National Archives immediately upon discovery, with the Archives informing the Justice Department of the matter. He also informed relevant congressional committees of the findings on Jan. 24, when the discovery of the documents was made public. (Read more from “FBI to Search Mike Pence’s Home for Classified Documents: Report” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Mother Slams Biden’s Border Policies After Daughter’s Murder by Suspected Gang Member in the U.S.

A mother of a young woman who was murdered last year said that her daughter would still be alive if the Biden administration’s border policies had not allowed a suspected MS-13 gang member into the United States.

On July 27, 2022, 20-year-old Kayla Hamilton from Aberdeen, Maryland was raped and strangled to death in her bed, according to WMAR Baltimore. Investigators learned that Hamilton was autistic and that she had recently moved to the area with her boyfriend.

DNA evidence collected at the scene led investigators to a 17-year-old boy from El Salvador who entered the United States last March as an “unaccompanied minor.” The suspect, whose name has not been revealed, is listed in El Salvador as a member of Malva Salvatrucha, which is MS-13, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement confirmed to Fox 6 Now. . .

In an interview with The Washington Examiner, Hamilton’s mother, Tammy Nobles, said that the suspect was one of hundreds of thousands unaccompanied children who crossed the border under Biden’s leadership. He was reportedly apprehended in Rio Grande City, Texas but “slipped through the system amid the crisis and went undetected.”

“Everyone should know how he got here — all the people involved that led up to her death, I think they all should be responsible,” Nobles said in the interview. “He should have never been allowed in.” (Read more from “Mother Slams Biden’s Border Policies After Daughter’s Murder by Suspected Gang Member in the U.S.” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

The Fix Is In: FBI Intentionally Bungling Biden Case, Biden Admin. Blocks Archives From Revealing Discovery of Classified Docs

By New York Post. The FBI issued the “all clear” on its latest search of one of President Biden’s residences. The announcement came with the first day of special counsel Robert Hur on the job at the Justice Department.

Hur may find that the Biden legal team feels that “all clear” extends beyond the latest search. It could be challenging to make a criminal case after how the investigation has been handled.

At every stage, the FBI has adopted an approach that would compromise or complicate any criminal charge.

The FBI left the home untouched for over three months after classified documents were found in Biden’s former office in DC. While it was recently learned that the FBI did go to that office a couple weeks later, they reportedly elected to have personal counsel for the president conduct searches on the residences. Biden then spent weeks traveling to these residences after the FBI waited to search the premises.

The private searches clearly went through these documents and moved (and potentially organized) material. Despite being given the opportunity to conduct and record the initial searches, the FBI will now have to rely on the accounts of private counsel on how these documents were originally left, including any visible classification markings. (Read more from “The Fix Is In: FBI Intentionally Bungling Biden Case, Biden Admin. Blocks Archives From Revealing Discovery of Classified Docs” HERE)

__________________________________________________

National Archives Blocked From Revealing Biden Classified Docs Find by WH or DOJ: Source

By New York Post. The National Archives was blocked from informing the public about the initial discovery of classified documents at President Biden’s former DC think tank by either the White House or the Department of Justice, The Post has learned.

The shocking revelation, confirmed by a source familiar with the matter, has led to allegations of a double standard in how the National Archives and Records Administration and the Justice Department are prosecuting the investigations of Biden and of former President Donald Trump for allegedly mishandling America’s secrets.

Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) revealed on Tuesday that Archives general counsel Gary Stern, in a closed-door interview, said he could not tell lawmakers who had ordered the Archives to keep quiet and not put out a press release announcing the Nov. 2 find at the Penn Biden Center.

“There are only two people that could have given those orders, and that’s either the Department of Justice with [Attorney General] Merrick Garland or the White House with Joe Biden,” Comer told Fox News’ “Hannity.”

“So it shows right there that this Department of Justice and this White House is interfering with this,” he added. (Read more from “National Archives Blocked From Revealing Biden Classified Docs Find by WH or DOJ: Source” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

University Forces Students To Take DEISJ Course Or Not Graduate

A New York university will force all incoming freshmen to take a course focused on “Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice” — or they won’t graduate.

The members of the SUNY (State University of New York) Board of Trustees have mandated the DEISJ course for all freshmen starting in the fall of 2023.

“This is nuts,” Professor Nicholas Giordano of SUNY’s Suffolk Community College, told The New York Post. “SUNY is one of the best university systems in the country. Why are they doing this? DEISJ is a cultural movement, not based on academics. Unfortunately, SUNY responded to the mob.”

Giordano claimed the DEISJ coursework views the United States as “inherently racist,” while “creating groups and pitting them against each other.” He added that the curriculum wants students “defined by the color of their skin.”

“This is a woke, left-wing agenda,” echoed Conservative Party of New York Chairman Jerry Kassar. “It’s disturbing. It’s dangerous. They’re treating everybody as having prejudice. It’s like a socialist, Communist state. It’s unbelievable. These ideas are best addressed at home.” (Read more from “University Forces Students to Take DEISJ Course or Not Graduate” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Why One Illegal Alien Captured in Texas Should Set Off Biden’s Alarm Bells

It’s no secret that President Joe Biden’s open-border policies have brought danger and disaster to the U.S.-Mexico border, with record numbers of illegal immigrants — including individuals on U.S. terror watch lists — and a staggering number of so-called “got-aways” whose identity and intentions in America remain unknown.

The tragic consequences of Biden’s border crisis means that it’s entirely unsurprising that an Iranian male managed to make it into the United States — illegally — from Mexico before being apprehended last week by the Texas Department of Public Safety near Del Rio, Texas.

And, as it turns out, the Iranian illegal immigrant captured in a human smuggling bust matched an individual on the FBI’s terror watchlist, a fact reported exclusively by Fox News on Wednesday. (Read more from “Why One Illegal Alien Captured in Texas Should Set Off Biden’s Alarm Bells” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.