Posts

Biden Appears Confused During His Only Public Event This Week: ‘What Am I Doing?’

President Biden openly expressed confusion about what he should be doing Thursday at his only scheduled public event of the week — and had to be reminded by an emcee to leave a White House celebration of the Texas Rangers’ World Series win, which he did after saluting the athletes.

Biden, 81, ended his campaign for a second term on July 21 after a mutiny by fellow Democrats concerned about his mental acuity, but he has insisted that he remains capable of serving as president through Jan. 20 — despite his noticeably sparse schedule.

“All right, what am I doing now?” Biden said after wrapping up the event by accepting a personalized jersey and cowboy boots from the baseball team in the White House’s East Room.

A military aide approached Biden to collect the gifts, with the president seeming to joke, “Are you stealing my jersey?”

Biden, who has hosted dozens of events in the same room, then stood awkwardly looking around for direction — at one point raising both hands in an apparent questioning gesture, indicating he wasn’t sure what to do. (Read more from “Biden Appears Confused During His Only Public Event This Week: ‘What Am I Doing?’” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Hunter Biden Hired by Foreign Oligarch to ‘Influence’ U.S. Government: Prosecutors

The federal prosecutor overseeing an investigation into Hunter Biden claims a Romanian oligarch attempted to use his business connections with President Joe Biden’s son to wield influence over the Biden administration.

Special counsel David Weiss’s office argued Gabriel Popoviciu hired Hunter Biden because he wanted “to attempt to influence U.S. government agencies,” according to court filings released Wednesday.

In 2015, Popoviciu, a Romanian real estate tycoon, hired Hunter Biden as he faced a loss of his business assets over a Romanian criminal corruption case, per prosecutors. Bank records show Hunter Biden and his business associates received at least $3 million from Popoviciu over the next two years.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) said the “Biden family’s influence peddling schemes” in Romania were laid out by them in May of last year.

“Bank records don’t lie. The mainstream media took their marching orders from the Biden White House & turned a blind eye to public corruption,” he wrote on X.

(Read more from “Hunter Biden Hired by Foreign Oligarch to ‘Influence’ U.S. Government: Prosecutors” HERE)

World on Fire: American Airbase in Iraq Attacked by Rockets, Several Injured

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris finally posted hours after news of the attack first came in that they had been briefed. Biden tagged Harris in his post, and she tagged Biden in hers.

Tensions are indeed increasing in the Middle East, after Iran vowed to retaliate against Israel for taking out Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh last week. “Two Katyusha rockets on Monday were fired at Iraq’s Ain al-Asad air base which hosts U.S. and other international forces in western Iraq,” according to a report from Reuters. The report cited “security sources.”

“Several U.S. personnel were injured in an attack against a military base in Iraq on Monday,” a subsequent report also revealed. The sources “said they were citing initial information which could change.” (Read more from “World on Fire: American Airbase in Iraq Attacked by Rockets, Several Injured” HERE)

Kamala Campaign Mimics Joe’s, Hiding Behind a Teleprompter

Kamala Harris isn’t in the cellar of the Naval Observatory campaigning via Zoom calls à la Joe Biden in 2020.

No, she’s speaking to adoring crowds fired up by pop stars. She’s identifying herself with powerful (if somewhat esoteric) cultural trends. She’s clapping back against Donald Trump with panache. . .

Kamala’s teleprompter campaign in 2024 is meant to limit her exposure to keep her from inadvertently bursting the media bubble that’s been created around her.

In that, her campaign may resemble the pre-debate Biden approach this year more than his limited stumping in 2020.

Biden’s campaign this year obviously feared putting him out in any setting where he’d be challenged, and when his abysmal debate performance forced them to do so anyway (to prove he’d just had “a bad night”), the additional exposure resulted in predictable disaster. (Read more from “Kamala Campaign Mimics Joe’s, Hiding Behind a Teleprompter” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Pelosi: President Biden Should Be Added to Mt. Rushmore

Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said on this week’s broadcast of “CBS Sunday Morning” that President Joe Biden should be added to Mt. Rushmore.

Host Lesley Stahl asked, “Please tell us what you told President Biden to persuade him to step aside.”

Pelosi said, “Well, I have never shared any conversations with a President of the United States publicly, so no.” . . .

Pelosi said, “I wasn’t the leader of any pressure. Let me say things I didn’t do. I didn’t call one person. I did not call one person. I could always say to him, I never called anybody. What I’m saying is I had confidence that the president would make the proper choice for our country, whatever that would be, and I said that. Whatever that is, we’ll go with.”

She added, “He was in a good place to make whatever decision, top of his game. Such a consequential President of the United States., a Mount Rushmore kind of President of the United States.” (Read more from “Pelosi: President Biden Should Be Added to Mt. Rushmore” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Trump Reveals He ‘Agreed’ to Debate Harris With ‘Full Arena Audience’

By Breitbart. Former President Donald Trump revealed that he had “agreed” to debate Vice President Kamala Harris in a presidential debate in September.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump wrote that he agreed to debate Harris in a debate hosted by Fox News on September 4th. The debate will also be moderated by Fox News’s Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

“I have agreed with FoxNews to debate Kamala Harris on Wednesday, September 4th,” Trump wrote. “The Debate was previously scheduled against Sleepy Joe Biden on ABC, but has been terminated in that Biden will no longer be a participant, and I am in litigation against ABC Network and George Slopadopoulos, thereby creating a conflict of interest.”

(Read more from “Trump Reveals He ‘Agreed’ to Debate Harris With ‘Full Arena Audience’” HERE)

_________________________________________________

Trump is Ready to Debate Kamala

By Townhall. Former President Donald Trump is ready for Kamala Harris. He challenged her to a debate on Truth Social on Fox, not ABC, as initially planned since those negotiations were set with Joe Biden’s campaign before the president decided to quit and he got pummeled by Trump at the polls. . .

The New York Times has more:

The Sept. 4 date is close to the start of some states’ early voting windows and long after Ms. Harris presumably would have clinched the nomination from her party. (She is expected to secure the nomination once the Democrats’ virtual roll call vote concludes on Monday.)

The first presidential debate between President Biden and Mr. Trump, hosted by CNN, was among the most consequential presidential debates in history, according to experts. Mr. Biden gave a halting performance that contrasted strongly with Mr. Trump, who repeatedly advanced falsehoods.

Mr. Biden’s garbled responses supercharged concerns among his Democratic colleagues about his age and health, as well as his ability to beat Mr. Trump in the general election. After several weeks of declining poll numbers and mounting pressure from key allies, Mr. Biden announced on July 21 that he would withdraw from the race.

Since Ms. Harris has challenged Mr. Trump to debate her and criticized his previous reluctance to commit to a date despite his previous comments to debate Mr. Biden “any time, any place.”

(Read more from “Trump is Ready to Debate Kamala” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

The Biden Administration’s Prisoner Swap With Russia Was Ridiculously Lopsided

The Biden administration’s prisoner swap with Russia is being touted by the corporate press as “historic,” and in a way it is. Nothing like this, on this scale, has happened since the Cold War. But the swap is as lopsided as it is historic.

All Americans should welcome the release of our three unjustly imprisoned compatriots: Evan Gershkovich, a reporter for the Wall Street Journal, Paul Whelan, a former U.S. Marine, and Russian-American journalist Alsu Kurmasheva. They were among the 16 western prisoners released by Moscow in exchange for eight Russian nationals released by the U.S. and allies.

But this wasn’t a Cold War-era prisoner swap of the kind immortalized in the Oscar-winning 2015 film “Bridge of Spies.” It was a dangerously uneven exchange that saw the release of a Russian assassin along with Russian spies and hackers, all of whom have committed serious crimes in western countries. Essentially, Moscow arrested a bunch of innocent western journalists and political dissidents, and then used them as bargaining chips to secure the release of its own killers, criminals, and spies.

Among the Russians released from western prisons, for example, was Vadim Krasikov, a Russian assassin who in 2019 killed a Chechen separatist commander in broad daylight in a park in central Berlin. Krasikov, who shot his victim twice with a Glock 26 and then threw it in a river, was sentenced to life in prison in 2021. At the time, German officials said he was a member of the F.S.B., Russia’s domestic spy agency.

Also released was suspected F.S.B. agent Vadim Konoshchenok, arrested in 2022 on espionage charges in Estonia and extradited to the U.S. He was accused of conspiring to obtain military-grade technologies from U.S. companies and pass them to Moscow. (Read more from “The Biden Administration’s Prisoner Swap With Russia Was Ridiculously Lopsided” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Hunter Biden Sentencing Set for November

Hunter Biden’s sentencing for his felony gun case is set for Nov. 13.

Biden made history in June, becoming the first son of a sitting president to be criminally convicted over three charges related to a 2018 gun purchase. He was convicted of lying on a federal form about his drug use to purchase a firearm, submitting a false statement into a federal record, and unlawfully possessing the firearm for 11 days.

He will report to a Wilmington, Delaware, courthouse Wednesday, Nov. 13, for his sentencing, eight days after the presidential election.

The court filing laying out the court date included further instructions regarding logistics, such as when to submit the presentence report and what to communicate with the probation officer.

Biden’s legal troubles didn’t end with the gun trial, however. He will head to court next month over a federal tax evasion trial in California, where he faces six felony and three misdemeanor charges. (Read more from “Hunter Biden Sentencing Set for November” HERE)

Kamala Harris’s Radical Islamic Terrorists Deal Revoked

The Biden-Harris administration revoked a plea deal with the alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks after bipartisan blowback against the agreement.

The administration announced the original deal, which would have taken the death penalty off the table for the terrorists, only two days before its revocation. The deal immediately met overwhelming bipartisan blowback.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin issued a memorandum Friday killing the deal, despite the three defendants — alleged mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed as well as his accused co-conspirators, Walid Muhammad Salih Mubarak Bin ‘Attash and Mustafa Ahmed Adam al Hawsawi — having already agreed to plead guilty to all charges, including the murder of 2,976 people, mostly Americans.

“I have determined that, in light of the significance of the decision to enter into pre-trial agreements with the accused in the above-referenced case, responsibility for such a decision should rest with me as the superior convening authority under the Military Commissions Act of 2009,” Austin wrote to Susan Escallier, convening authority for military commissions.

Austin withdrew Escallier’s authority in the case to enter into a pre-trial agreement, assuming that authority for himself and immediately withdrawing the three pre-trial agreements. (Read more from “Kamala Harris’s Radical Islamic Terrorists Deal Revoked” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Biden DHS Alleged to Have Tried to Suppress Critical Jan. 6 Report

Inspector General Joseph Cuffari accused Biden’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) of trying to suppress a report concerning the Secret Service’s response on Jan. 6, 2021.

Jonathan Meyer, DHS’ head lawyer, vehemently denied the allegation and stated DHS does not want to prevent Congress from reading the entire report. He added that DHS will redact “security sensitive” information pertaining to the Secret Service’s operations, according to a June 25 letter reviewed by POLITICO.

The Secret Service falls under the DHS, and an anonymous DHS official told POLITICO the inspector general “has exclusive authority to determine when to release a report to Congress.”

Cuffari, an appointee of former President Donald Trump, has opened two investigations into the Secret Service’s security role regarding Trump’s attempted assassination thus far. Some Republicans, however, claim DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has stalled these assessments, specifically the report titled “USSS Preparation for and Response to the Events of January 6, 2021.”

Congressional Sources told Real Clear Investigations (RCI) the above report has been sitting on the secretary’s desk “since at least April.” (Read more from “Biden DHS Alleged to Have Tried to Suppress Critical Jan. 6 Report” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr