Several Students Exposed to Fentanyl at Connecticut School, One Dies of Overdose

A 13-year-old student died Saturday after suffering from a fentanyl overdose at a school in Hartford, Connecticut.

Hartford police responded to a report from the Sport and Medical Sciences Academy Thursday when the boy collapsed in the gymnasium, two other students were reportedly exposed to the fentanyl as well, WTNH reported.

“Initial reports indicate that CPR was initiated by the school nurse on one student and HFD personnel took over performing CPR until relieved by responding medics,” said Mario Oquendo Jr., public information officer for the Hartford Fire Department, according to WFSB. “Rhythm returned for that student and CPR was stopped.”

The two other students who were exposed reportedly complained of feeling dizzy and all three students were rushed to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center to be treated. The boy eventually succumbed to the overdose while the other two were released from the hospital, according to WTNH.

A teacher was reportedly taken to Hartford Hospital, but later claimed that she was upset about what had happened and was taken back to the school to be treated, according to WFSB. (Read more from “Several Students Exposed to Fentanyl at Connecticut School, One Dies of Overdose” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.