Biden Claims He Commuted Over Collapsed Baltimore Key Bridge by Train ‘Many Times’ – But It Doesn’t Have Any Rail Lines

President Biden on Tuesday was fact-checked by social media users after claiming that he’s commuted over Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge “many, many times … either on a train or by car.”

Numerous people on X noted that the bridge, which fell into the Patapsco River early Tuesday morning after being struck by a massive cargo ship, has never had rail lines attached to it.

“At about 1:30 [a.m.], a container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which I’ve been over many, many times commuting from the state of Delaware either on a train or by car,” Biden said in his first public remarks on the catastrophe.

“I’ve been to Baltimore Harbor many times,” he added. “And the bridge collapsed, sending several people and vehicles into the water — into the river.”

Biden, who claims to have traveled over one million miles aboard Amtrak over the course of his 36 years in the Senate and 8 years as vice president, was skewered for “inserting himself” into yet another tragedy.

(Read more from “Biden Claims He Commuted Over Collapsed Baltimore Key Bridge by Train ‘Many Times’ – But It Doesn’t Have Any Rail Lines” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Karine Jean-Pierre Melts Down, Hangs Up Shortly After Radio Host Asks If Biden Has ‘Dementia’

Karine Jean-Pierre had a meltdown Tuesday after a North Carolina radio show host asked her if President Joe Biden has dementia.

“When I told a number of people that I was talking to you today — it was interesting, though — they all said, ‘Would you please just ask her, does the president have dementia?’” host Mark Garrison of WBT Charlotte told Jean-Pierre. “So before I move on from it, does he?”

“That, Mark, I can’t even believe you’re asking me this question,” an incredulous Jean-Pierre stammered. “That is [sic] incredibly offensive question to ask.”

“But you know people ask it,” Garrison insisted.

“Wait, oh, let me, no, no, no, no, no, you, Mark, you, you took, you’re taking us down this rabbit hole. Let me, uh, let me, let me be very clear about this.”

(Read more from “Karine Jean-Pierre Melts Down, Hangs Up Shortly After Radio Host Asks If Biden Has ‘Dementia’” HERE)

Lawyers from ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center, LGBTQ Groups Accused of Judge Shopping, Other Ethical Violations in Alabama Relating to Child Sex Change Law

Last week, US District Judge Liles C. Burke of the Northern District of Alabama unsealed an October 2023 report that revealed 11 out of 39 lawyers for plaintiffs challenging the ban of sex-change procedures tried to circumvent random case assignment procedures. The report was conducted by a panel of three Alabama federal judges after Burke expressed concerns about judge shopping. . .

The three federal judges wrote in the unsealed report, “It is one thing for attorneys to fret about potential judicial assignments before the ball is snapped (i.e. before a case is assigned). It is another to try to change the play after the case has been assigned.”

According to the ABA Journal, lawyers for the plaintiffs dropped two suits challenging the law after the cases ended up before Burke, an appointee of former President Donald Trump.

Shortly after they dropped the cases, a new suit was filed with different plaintiffs in the Middle District of Alabama, where US District Judge Myron H. Thompson, an appointee of former President Jimmy Carter, serves. . .

On May 22 and 23, the 11 lawyers from the American Civil Liberties Union, the ACLU of Alabama, the Southern Poverty Law Center, GLBTQ Advocates & Defenders, the National Center for Lesbian Rights, Lambda Legal, Lightfoot Franklin & White, Cooley, and King & Spalding are scheduled to appear before Burke for a sanctions hearing during which the judge will ask the lawyers to show cause why they shouldn’t be sanctioned for judge shopping and for misrepresenting or failing to disclose key facts during the inquiry. (Read more from “Lawyers from ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center, LGBTQ Groups Accused of Judge Shopping, Other Ethical Violations in Alabama Relating to Child Sex Change Law” HERE)

Lisa Murkowski Refuses to Back Trump, Thinking About Leaving GOP

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, aghast at Donald Trump’s candidacy and the direction of her party, won’t rule out bolting from the GOP.

The veteran Alaska Republican, one of seven Republicans who voted to convict Trump in his second impeachment trial amid the aftermath of January 6, 2021, is done with the former president and said she “absolutely” would not vote for him.

“I wish that as Republicans, we had … a nominee that I could get behind,” Murkowski told CNN. “I certainly can’t get behind Donald Trump.”

. . . Asked if she would become an independent, Murkowski said: “Oh, I think I’m very independent minded.” And she added: “I just regret that our party is seemingly becoming a party of Donald Trump.”

Pressed on if that meant she might become an independent, Murkowski said: “I am navigating my way through some very interesting political times. Let’s just leave it at that.” (Read more from “Lisa Murkowski Refuses to Back Trump, Thinking About Leaving GOP” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

RFK Jr. Announces Hardcore Leftist Nicole Shanahan as His VP Pick

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. announced on Tuesday that he has selected Nicole Shanahan to be his vice presidential running mate as he continues to run as an Independent after dropping out of the Democratic Party’s presidential primary late last year.

Shanahan — the ex-wife of Google co-founder Sergey Brin — has a history of donating to Democrat politicians and is the president and founder of an organization that invests in leftist criminal justice policy, environmentalism, abortion access, and more.

RFK made the announcement at a rally in Oakland, California, as he touted her alleged expertise in a variety of fields. (Read more from “RFK Jr. Announces Hardcore Leftist Nicole Shanahan as His VP Pick” HERE)

Joe Biden: Government Will Pay ‘Entire Cost’ of Rebuilding Baltimore Bridge

President Joe Biden said the government would pay the “entire cost” of rebuilding the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, Maryland, after a cargo ship hit the bridge and caused it to collapse early Tuesday morning.

“It’s my intention that we will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge. I expect the Congress to support my effort,” Biden said in a White House press conference. “It’s gonna take some time. And the people of Baltimore can count on us, though, to stick with that every step of the way until the port is reopened and the bridge is rebuilt. We’re not leaving until this job is done.”

Asked if the company behind the ship should be held responsible and pay for the repairs, Biden responded, “We’re going to pay to get the bridge rebuilt and open.”

He did not say how much it would cost.

He said he spoke with Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg and “told him, ‘We’re going to spend all the federal resources they need as we respond to this emergency. I mean all the federal resources, and we’re going to rebuild that port together.’” (Read more from “Joe Biden: Government Will Pay ‘Entire Cost’ of Rebuilding Baltimore Bridge” HERE)

Former Lifelong Democrat Elon Musk: ‘We Need a Red Wave or America Is Toast’

By Breitbart. Billionaire Elon Musk, a self-proclaimed former lifelong Democrat, declared on Monday that America needs a “red wave” in the 2024 election or it will face a severe catastrophe.

“I voted 100% Dem until a few years ago. Now, I think we need a red wave or America is toast,” Musk said on his platform, X.

Musk had been responding to a poll from one account asking people if they still consider themselves liberal.

“I used to consider myself a Democrat. Now, I feel like the Democratic party is very bad, but I still consider myself Liberal. Anyone else?” the account asked.

(Read more from “Former Lifelong Democrat Elon Musk: ‘We Need a Red Wave or America Is Toast’” HERE)

______________________________________________

U.S. Judge Tosses Out Hate-Speech Lawsuit From Elon Musk’s X

By Business Insider. A lawsuit that Elon Musk’s X filed last year against a research group was thrown out Monday, with US District Judge Charles Breyer saying, “This case is about punishing the Defendants for their speech.”

In its complaint, filed in the Northern District of California, X argued that the nonprofit Center for Countering Digital Hate violated the platform’s terms of service in gathering data for reports that documented a significant increase in hate speech on X following Musk’s takeover.

The company claimed the CCDH was responsible for “tens of millions of dollars” in damages due to lost advertising revenue and the expense of internal investigations. (Read more from “U.S. Judge Tosses Out Hate-Speech Lawsuit From Elon Musk’s X” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

New York Appeals Court Grants Trump Legal Victory: Allows Lower Bond in Civil Fraud Case

Donald Trump secured a victory in a New York appeals court on Monday as the court will allow the former president to post a significantly lower bond in his civil business fraud judgment.

Instead of posting a bond of $464 million, the appeals court ruled that Trump must now guarantee $175 million, ABC News correspondent Aaron Katersky reported. The appeals court ruling also means that Trump can continue to run his business in New York and gives him an additional 10 days to post the $175 million bond, according to CNN.

The ruling comes hours after the deadline for Trump to post the bond hit on Monday, meaning New York Attorney General Letitia James could seek to collect on the former president and seize his assets. The court’s decision will likely prevent James from pursuing the seizure of Trump’s property for now.

Prior to Monday’s appeals court decision, Trump would’ve had pledge 120%, or around $550 million, in collateral to a bond company, an amount his lawyers said last week would be “a practical impossibility” to attain. While Trump boasts a net worth in the billions, much of his wealth is in real estate, which bond companies usually avoid taking as collateral, according to The New York Times. (Read more from “New York Appeals Court Grants Trump Legal Victory: Allows Lower Bond in Civil Fraud Case” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Feds Demanded ID of YouTube Users Who Watched Certain Videos

We’ve all made that joke, “Searching for this in Google is gonna get me on an FBI watch list.” But according to a recent report, that might actually be true if you watched some very specific YouTube videos last year. A United States federal court ordered Google to turn over the identities of tens of thousands of users who watched certain videos in a specific timeframe.

Federal investigators obtained court-approved subpoenas for any YouTube viewers who watched tutorials on mapping via drones and augmented reality software, according to a report from Forbes. The investigators had been communicating with a suspected money launderer undercover, sent them links to the relevant videos, then demanded Google identify anyone who had watched said videos immediately following.

The subpoena included names, addresses, telephone numbers, and browsing history for Google accounts for as many as 30,000 people, tracing traffic to the relevant videos for one week in January 2023. It’s not clear whether Google complied with the demands for user information, though corporations are typically hesitant to fight subpoenas issued by courts. (Read more from “Feds Demanded ID of YouTube Users Who Watched Certain Videos” HERE)

Joe Biden’s “Political Origins” Story About a Penis Lawsuit Fabricated, May Cause Legal Trouble

For nearly two decades, President Joe Biden has told a story about why he devoted his life to politics. He repeated the tale, at the risk of facing criminal charges for lying to a federal agent, while speaking to Special Counsel Robert Hur in October 2023.

Fresh out of law school and working as a clerk at a high-powered Wilmington, Delaware, law firm, Biden, in his telling, was tapped to defend a construction company sued by a 23-year-old welder who “lost part of his penis and one of his testicles” to a fire that broke out when he was working inside a chimney at a Delaware City plant. Thanks to Biden’s shrewd legal defense on the construction company’s behalf, the injured man lost the case.

“I wrote this memo. And son of a bitch, it prevailed,” Biden told Hur on Oct. 8. “And I looked over at that kid…and I thought, ‘son of a bitch, I’m in the wrong business, I’m not made for this.’”

Biden said he was so wracked with guilt that he . . . walked into the public defender’s office to ask for a job that very day. It’s “the only time I ever lied,” Biden told Hur on Oct. 8. Thus began, according to a New York Times report on the special counsel interview, “a career that would one day take him to the White House.”

But this story is almost certainly a complete work of fiction. Although Biden did work at a law firm tapped to defend a construction company in a negligence suit like the one he described to Hur, the case concluded in 1968, while Biden was still in law school. And the welder won, walking away with $315,000, more than $2.8 million in 2024 dollars. (Read more from “Joe Biden’s “Political Origins” Story About a Penis Lawsuit Fabricated, May Cause Legal Trouble” HERE)