Trump: I Won’t Sign RNC Pledge to Endorse GOP Nominee

Former President Donald Trump said Wednesday on Newsmax TV’s “The Balance” that he would not sign the Republican National Committee’s pledge to support the GOP nominee to attend the first primary debate on August 23 on Fox News.

Trump said, “I’ve already decided and I’ll be announcing something next week.” . . .

Trump said, “Well, when you’re at 75, 78, 80%, and other guys are 0, 1%, 2%, 3%, you do say, ‘What’s the upside? Am I going to go up one point? But they could go up, you know. They’re not dumb people. They’re senators. They’re governors. They’re intelligent people. You have some very good people.”

Trump said, “I have a problem with the debate for another reason. I wouldn’t sign the pledge. Why would I sign a pledge if there are people on there that I wouldn’t have? I wouldn’t have certain people as, you know, somebody that I’d endorse. So, they want you to sign a pledge, but I can name three or four people that I wouldn’t support for president. So there is a problem right there.” . . .

Trump said, “There’s no reason to insult them but there are some people there that a lot of people wouldn’t endorse.” (Read more from “Trump: I Won’t Sign RNC Pledge to Endorse GOP Nominee” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

House Oversight Releases Memo Alleging Hunter Biden Received Millions From Oligarchs

House Republicans fired another salvo at President Joe Biden on Wednesday with a memo discussing how money from foreign sources made its way to his family, raising concerns about influence peddling and U.S. national security.

A new memo compiled by GOP staff on the House Oversight Committee focused mainly on Biden’s son, Hunter, who has drawn intense scrutiny over a federal criminal investigation. It comes after House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) recently said the congressional probe into the Biden family’s finances is “rising to the level” of an impeachment inquiry, while Democrats argue Republicans have not produced any evidence showing the president received any foreign money directly. The elder Biden himself has called allegations of corruption “a bunch of malarkey.”

According to the memo, bank records show that oligarchs from Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan paid millions of dollars to Hunter Biden, his Rosemont Seneca entities, and his business partner Devon Archer — in some cases for work services (such as his board role at Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings), in other cases less clear — mainly a time when Joe Biden was vice president.

“It appears no real services were provided other than access to the Biden network, including Joe Biden himself. And Hunter Biden seems to have delivered,” Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-KY) said in a statement. “This is made clear,” Comer added, by meals at Café Milano in Washington, D.C., where then-Vice President Joe Biden “dined with oligarchs from around the world who had sent money to his son.” (Read more from “House Oversight Releases Memo Alleging Hunter Biden Received Millions From Oligarchs” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

American Academy of Pediatrics Announces Review of ‘Gender Affirming Care’

The American Academy Of Pediatrics (AAP) has announced a review of “gender-affirming care” for gender dysphoric children in a win for critics who have long called for such a review.

The country’s leading pediatrician professional association said last week that it will conduct a “systematic review of the evidence” around transgender medical interventions for children.

Such interventions can include puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, double mastectomies to make girls appear more masculine, and sometimes even genital surgeries for older youth.

The AAP authorized the development of an “expanded set of guidance for pediatricians based on a systematic review of the evidence,” the group said in press release on Friday.

However, AAP leadership also reaffirmed their confidence in the current guidelines and said they remain in the best interests of children. (Read more from “American Academy of Pediatrics Announces Review of ‘Gender Affirming Care’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

All Eyes on Georgia as Trump Could Face Fourth Indictment

A potential fourth indictment stemming from the Fulton County investigation into former President Donald Trump could include racketeering charges as a grand jury is expected to make a decision in the coming days.

Like the federal charges that came down last week in Washington, D.C., accusing Trump of four counts of conspiracy and obstruction to overturn the 2020 election, the potential indictment out of Georgia will lean on his alleged attempts to overturn the election results in the state, such as his call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, asking him to “find 11,780 votes.”

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has successfully brought similar cases under Georgia’s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, or RICO. The state’s law is modeled after the federal statute of 1970, which was intended to counter mafia crime networks.

When Willis first began her election interference investigation in 2021, she tapped one of Georgia’s ranking experts on racketeering charges, John E. Floyd, to advise the investigation. He has worked on major RICO cases for the district attorney’s office, including the 2013 Atlanta school cheating case which saw 35 indictments and eventually 11 convictions. (Read more from “All Eyes on Georgia as Trump Could Face Fourth Indictment” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Back From the Dead: Supreme Court Reinstates ‘Ghost’ Gun Restrictions

The Supreme Court granted a request on Tuesday from the Biden administration to reinstate a federal regulation targeted at limiting the production of “ghost guns” that are difficult for law enforcement to trace.

By a 5-4 decision, the justices stalled a July 5 ruling by U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth, Texas, which blocked the 2022 rule nationwide pending the administration’s appeal. Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, and Brett Kavanaugh said they would have denied the application for a stay.

The Biden administration introduced the regulations last year to tackle what it cited as a dramatic uptick in the availability of ghost guns, which are known as firearm-making kits available online that people can assemble or sometimes even 3D print at home.

The regulations, implemented by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, require creators or sellers of the kits to obtain a special license, mark products with traceable serial numbers, and conduct background checks while maintaining records. Those rules led to challenges in court, and so far, two federal judges have sided in favor of the government. (Read more from “Back From the Dead: Supreme Court Reinstates ‘Ghost’ Gun Restrictions” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Admin Is the ‘Single Largest Donor’ to Taliban-Controlled Afghanistan Since Botched Withdrawal, Watchdog Says

The Biden administration is the “single largest donor” of taxpayer money to Taliban-controlled Afghanistan since the U.S. evacuated forces in 2021, according to a report from the Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction (SIGAR) on Tuesday.

The U.S. appropriated over $2.35 billion in funds for Afghanistan reconstruction and humanitarian efforts since 2021, following the disordered withdrawal of American forces in the region, according to the SIGAR report. John Sopko, head of SIGAR, warned Congress in April that he “cannot assure this committee or the American taxpayer we are not currently funding the Taliban,” and said that the Biden administration has blocked investigative efforts as to whether the Taliban is being sustained by American tax dollars.

“The Taliban are comfortable accepting foreign support insofar as they can closely monitor the organizations, including restricting and controlling them, and claim some credit for the provision of the benefits,” reads the SIGAR report. “Despite Taliban promises made since gaining power in August 2021 to be more inclusive, counter terrorism, respect human rights, and not pose a security threat to the region, the U.N. says that the Taliban ‘shows no signs of bending to pressure for reform or compromise.’”

The U.S. first appropriated the aid package in 2021, despite multiple warnings from federal lawmakers and agencies that the funds could be misused, according to the Washington Free Beacon. Efforts by Congress to track the money have been stonewalled, and investigative efforts by SIGAR have been largely ignored by the Biden administration and the State Department. (Read more from “Biden Admin Is the ‘Single Largest Donor’ to Taliban-Controlled Afghanistan Since Botched Withdrawal, Watchdog Says” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Judge Halts Gun Control Law After Dem Gov Argues 2A Doesn’t Apply to Buying Firearms

A federal judge in Colorado blocked a state law that would limit the sale of guns, arguing it violates the Supreme Court precedent.

Chief Judge for the U.S. District of Colorado Phillip Brimmer issued a preliminary injunction Monday that the law known as Senate Bill 169, which took effect Monday, could not be enforced because it violates the precedent established in the 2022 Supreme Court case Bruen v. New York Rifle & Pistol Association.

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners challenged the law, which raised the legal age to purchase a gun to 21 and created a three-day waiting period for firearm purchases. Brimmer did not rule on the waiting period portion, which is slated to go into effect in October.

“Bruen states that the Court has ‘made clear that individual rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights and made applicable against the States through the Fourteenth Amendment have the same scope as against the Federal Government,’” Brimmer wrote. (Read more from “Judge Halts Gun Control Law After Dem Gov Argues 2A Doesn’t Apply to Buying Firearms” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Family Member of Mass Shooter Arrested After Allegedly Threatening to Shoot up School

A 17-year-old boy who reportedly is the cousin of the Uvalde, Texas, teenage school shooter — who murdered 19 students and two teachers at Robb Elementary in May 2022 — was arrested in San Antonio after his mother reported he was planning to shoot up an elementary school.

Court documents state that the mother — who said her son was on probation and was intoxicated when he issued the threats — said her son was planning to “do the same thing” as the Uvalde school shooter and that she overheard him on the phone trying to buy an AR-15 illegally, Fox 29 reported.

Court documents also state the teenager had boasted to his sister of what he would do to the school. The sister told authorities that her brother was riding in the car with her and threatened to shoot her in the head and “shoot the school.” She said she believed her brother would carry out his threats. The family lives near an elementary school.

Edgewood Independent School District SD released this statement:

Edgewood ISD has been made aware a teenager is now in police custody accused of making a threat against a school on the city’s west side. Edgewood ISD is committed to the safety and security of all students, faculty, and staff. Each campus has an assigned Safety Officer. We encourage everyone to report any suspicious activity; if you see something, say something.

(Read more from “Family Member of Mass Shooter Arrested After Allegedly Threatening to Shoot up School” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Admin Blasted Over Report of Suspected Cartel Gunmen Crossing Border, Eluding Capture

A report about suspected cartel gunmen illegally crossing into the United States and eluding capture over the weekend sparked a fresh wave of condemnation against the Biden administration for its handling of the southern border.

Bill Melugin, a national correspondent for Fox News, broke the news on Tuesday in a post to X showing grainy, black-and-white images of men holding rifles running through a thicket. . .

The post quickly went viral, eliciting comments from Republican lawmakers and others who criticized the Biden administration for not doing more to secure the border.

“Joe Biden has empowered these vicious, deadly cartels giving them free rein over our border,” said Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). “Our communities are forced to suffer the dangerous consequences of his refusal to follow the law.” (Read more from “Biden Admin Blasted Over Report of Suspected Cartel Gunmen Crossing Border, Eluding Capture” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Facebook Files’ Show FBI’s Censorship Liaison May Have Perjured Himself

Part four of the “Facebook Files” published by Rep. Jim Jordan on Monday shows a top FBI agent who was coordinating censorship strategy with Silicon Valley tech companies may have committed perjury in November testimony.

FBI Special Agent Elvis Chan, who serves as the bureau’s “main conduit between the FBI’s Foreign Influence Task Force and Big Tech,” according to Jordan, was deposed last fall as a central player in the government censorship case Missouri v. Biden. Chan testified that he was only aware of one meeting between Facebook employees and the FBI about the authenticity of Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop, but internal Facebook documents show him participating in an additional “secret follow-up call.”

In his November deposition, Chan admitted to an Oct. 14, 2020 meeting with officials at Facebook related to the first Hunter Biden laptop story published by the New York Post. The Post revealed emails from the laptop that indicated then-candidate Joe Biden had been lying when he claimed to have never spoken about Hunter’s business with him “or with anyone else.”

At the Oct. 14 meeting, Laura Dehmlow, the FBI’s section chief of the Foreign Influence Task Force, offered “no comment” when Facebook asked whether the laptop was real, Jordan explained. Facebook quickly announced it was “reducing” the “distribution” of the story until the platform completed a third-party fact check.

(Read more from “‘Facebook Files’ Show FBI’s Censorship Liaison May Have Perjured Himself” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.