Ranked-Choice Voting Is So Bad for Elections, Even D.C. Democrats Are Rejecting It

Washington, D.C.’s Democrat Party formally rejected the use of ranked-choice voting (RCV) in city elections last week, saying the voting system “could hinder voter engagement and participation.”

Under RCV, which critics often refer to as “rigged-choice voting,” voters rank candidates in order of preference. If no candidate receives a majority of first-choice votes in the first round of voting, the last-place finisher is eliminated, and his votes are reallocated to the voter’s second-choice candidate. This process continues until one candidate receives a majority of votes.

“We acknowledge that RCV may be a suitable option for certain jurisdictions, however, when considering the District’s specific circumstances, we have identified significant concerns that prevent us from endorsing this approach,” a statement released by party leaders on Wednesday reads. “[The] fundamental issue we identified is that District wards are not equal in terms of voter turnout. Implementing RCV would not adequately address this disparity and could potentially undermine the democratic principles we strive to uphold.”

According to The Washington Informer, party leaders expressed concern that the implementation of RCV would kneecap voters’ ability to choose their preferred nominee in any given election and result in potential voter disenfranchisement. “We firmly believe that every voter, regardless of party affiliation or independent status, should have the right to freely choose their preferred candidate,” the party’s statement continues. (Read more from “Ranked-Choice Voting Is So Bad for Elections, Even D.C. Democrats Are Rejecting It” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FAA Greenlights Plan to Allow Illegal Aliens to Be Housed at JFK Airport

This week, the Federal Aviation Administration signed off on plans to open an emergency relief shelter for illegal immigrants in an old postal warehouse at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York.

According to the New York Post, the FAA signed off on the Port Authority plans to open the shelter after local and state officials searched the city and surrounding areas for new places to house illegal immigrants coming from the southern border. According to the outlet, the area has seen more than 70,000 people arrive from South and Central America.

“The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey asked if an old postal warehouse near JFK Airport could be used for non-aviation purposes,” the FAA said in a statement. “The FAA found that the Port Authority had adequate security and safety plans in place.”

The Port Authority also confirmed the use of the airport building as a shelter for illegal immigrants in a statement. (Read more from “FAA Greenlights Plan to Allow Illegal Aliens to Be Housed at JFK Airport” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Director to Face Contempt of Congress Proceedings

On Monday, the top two lawmakers on the House Oversight Committee finally had the chance to review an FBI report brought to light by a whistleblower that contains information on allegations then-Vice President Biden engaged in a criminal bribery scheme with a foreign national.

After FBI Director Christopher Wray refused to comply with a subpoena from Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-KY), he was threatened with contempt charges from Congress. He tried offering lawmakers the opportunity to view the document at the FBI’s headquarters, but Comer didn’t compromise and Wray finally caved, somewhat, late last week, agreeing to bring the document to Capitol Hill to be reviewed and briefed to lawmakers.

However, after viewing the document, Chairman Comer and Oversight Ranking Member Jamie Raskin (D-MD) didn’t agree on what they saw, raising even more questions.

In a statement, Comer said that “FBI officials confirmed that the unclassified, FBI-generated record has not been disproven and stated several times the information contained within it is currently being used in an ongoing investigation.” Comer added that the “confidential human source who provided information about then-Vice President Biden being involved in a criminal bribery scheme is a trusted, highly credible information who has been used by the FBI for years. These are facts and no amount of spin, and frankly lies, from the White House or Congressional Democrats can change this information,” Comer emphasized.

(Read more from “FBI Director to Face Contempt of Congress Proceedings” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Chinese Defense Leader Defends ‘Unsafe’ Military Maneuvers Towards US Military

The Chinese defense minister defended the People’s Liberation Army’s aggressive military maneuvers recently made toward United States military personnel in the region.

Minister of National Defense Li Shangfu said a recent aerial intercept and aggression toward a U.S. vessel in the Taiwan Strait were responses to provocations.

While speaking at the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, he said the USS Chung-Hoon and HMCS Montreal cannot be considered “innocent passage” and said that foreign militaries should “mind your own business,” according to Military Times.

U.S. Indo-Pacific Command said the vessel was conducting a routine south-to-north Taiwan Strait transit on June 3 when the Chinese Navy’s LUYANG III DDG 132 “executed maneuvers in an unsafe manner in the vicinity of Chung-Hoon.“

The Chinese naval vessel approached and ultimately twice crossed in front of the U.S. ship, forcing it to slow down to avoid a collision. (Read more from “Chinese Defense Leader Defends ‘Unsafe’ Military Maneuvers Towards US Military” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Disgraced Former FBI Director Who Signed Faulty Warrants Claims Trump Will Weaponize the DOJ

Disgraced former FBI Director James Comey said Sunday on MSNBC that former President Donald Trump would prosecute political enemies if re-elected.

Comey joined “Inside with Jen Psaki” to discuss a possible 2024 Trump presidency when he was asked what another term could look like.

“You say that Trump poses a near existential threat to the rule of law, and this is something, similar language that I hear privately from national security officials, some people that you and I both know, who will say this privately about what a second term could mean. But tell me a little bit about the specifics of what he could try to do. What do you mean by that?” Psaki asked.

“Think about what four years of a retribution presidency might look like. He could order the investigation and prosecution of individuals who he sees as enemies, I’m sure I’m on the enemies list, because the president, constitutionally, does oversee the Executive Branch entirely, which includes the Department of Justice, prosecutors and investigators. So he could commission direct that individuals be pursued. He could also direct all kinds of other conduct that people would maybe taken to courts to try to stop but who enforces court orders? Mostly of the United States Marshal Service, which is in part of the Executive Branch, and reports to the president,” Comey said, before warning Trump would “destroy” the country. (Read more from “Disgraced Former FBI Director Who Signed Faulty Warrants Claims Trump Will Weaponize the DOJ” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Student Barred From Graduation Ceremony After Stating There Are Only Two Genders Says Boss Rescinded Firefighting Job Offer

A student barred from his high school graduation ceremony after stating there are only two genders said in a Sunday interview on “Fox & Friends” that a firefighting job offer has now been rescinded.

“Girls are girls, and guys are guys. There is no in-between,” 18-year-old Travis Lohr recalled saying, as KHQ reported.

Lohr made the off-script comment at a high school assembly where seniors at Idaho’s Kellogg High School offer a piece of advice to younger students.

More than 100 parents, students, and community members gathered Friday to protest the school’s decision to ban him from participating in the graduation ceremony over the remark, according to the Idaho Tribune.

I didn’t direct it at any groups or anything like that; it was just something I chose to say in the moment,” Lohr also told the outlet, adding that his remark was met with an “uproar of cheers.” (Read more from “Student Barred From Graduation Ceremony After Stating There Are Only Two Genders Says Boss Rescinded Firefighting Job Offer” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden’s Disastrous Air Force Academy Fall Only Makes US Look Weak to Our Global Enemies

It was a disastrous image for an 80-year-old president who has just announced his campaign for a second term.

Collapsed on the ground, unable to get up, sensible rubber soles on full display as Secret Service agents try to hoist him to his feet.

It’s not even shocking at this stage. It’s just sad. Sad for the country.

It adds to the perception of an enfeebled America, vulnerable to the predations of its enemies. Joe Biden falling of a bike. Joe Biden tripping up the stairs of Air Force One. Joe Biden getting lost on stage. Joe Biden losing his train of thought: “Well, anyway”. . .

Biden was quick to blame a sandbag for tripping him up, although he’d been on the stage for 90 minutes without registering it was there. (Read more from “Biden’s Disastrous Air Force Academy Fall Only Makes US Look Weak to Our Global Enemies” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Transgender Inmate to Be Transferred to Women’s Facility, Get $495K Settlement, Surgery After Lawsuit

A Minnesota transgender inmate is being moved to a women’s prison and will receive a vaginoplasty as well as $495,000 to settle a discrimination lawsuit against the state Department of Corrections.

Christina Lusk, 57, will be transferred to the women’s facility in Shakopee next week, which will mark the first time a Minnesota inmate is moved to a different prison based on gender identity, according to local affiliate FOX 9.

As part of the settlement announced last week, the Minnesota DOC agreed to provide Lusk with a vaginoplasty as well as strengthen its policies regarding transgender inmates.

Lusk, who was arrested in 2018 and is serving a sentence until 2024 for a felony drug offense, sued the Minnesota DOC last year in part because it deferred Lusk’s request for a vaginoplasty, or “bottom surgery.”

After beginning cross-sex hormones in 2009, Lusk changed names in 2018 and was conferring with doctors about surgical options before getting arrested. (Read more from “Transgender Inmate to Be Transferred to Women’s Facility, Get $495K Settlement, Surgery After Lawsuit” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Millennials Are Starting to Shift to the Right

As the Democratic Party becomes more progressive, radical, and insistent on its push for a liberal agenda, young Americans are stepping away and leaning toward the Right.

According to data from Nate Cohn with the New York Times, millennials are shifting towards the Republican Party.

Liberalism is not what it used to be before the 2000s. Being liberal in today’s society does not mean walking around barefoot, selling flowers along the highway, and burning your bra. Instead, it means supporting LGBTQ propaganda and being brainwashed by an 80-year-old president who doesn’t remember where he is half the time.

The data from the study found that nearly 50 percent of people born between 1980 and 1984 now vote Republican in presidential elections— a trend widely compared to the voting habits of the youngest Generation X voters who came before them. Moreover, despite millennials born between 1985 and 1994 still voting for the Democratic candidate, the data shows they have made definitive shifts towards the Right since 2012, the same year President Obama was re-elected. (Read more from “Millennials Are Starting to Shift to the Right” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

NBA Player Launches Anti-Woke Sports Apparel Brand

NBA Player Jonathan Isaac has shown his willingness years ago to stand on the basketball court while others kneel. Now, as corporate America seems determined to bend the knee to the radical left, Isaac is choosing to stand up for his beliefs again. This time by launching an anti-woke apparel brand aimed at supporting conservative values.

The 6’10 power forward took to Twitter to say that the same freedom corporations use to “undermine Christian values” is the same freedom he will use to “create an alternative.”

“You have companies that are in that field who have made a conscious decision to either attack or undermine Christian values, conservative values, and things like that,” Isaac said. “And I think they have the free choice to do so, as much as I disagree, but I feel that we also have the freedom to create what we want to create. . .

“We can be proud of what we believe in. We don’t have to hide or be ashamed of it,” Isaac told Prager U’s Amala Ekpunobi for the documentary Unwoke Inc. (Read more from “NBA Player Launches Anti-woke Sports Apparel Brand” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.