Report: Kevin McCarthy Gave Thousands of Hours of Jan. 6 Footage to Tucker Carlson

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy gave Fox News host and Daily Caller co-founder Tucker Carlson exclusive access to 41,000 hours of footage from the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Axios reported Monday, citing sources close to the speaker.

Carlson’s producers reportedly began reviewing the footage on Capitol Hill earlier in February, and his shows will start airing excerpts in coming weeks, according to Axios. Talks between Carlson’s show and McCarthy regarding the footage began in early February, the outlet reported.

“If there was ever a question that’s in the public’s interest to know, it’s what actually happened on January 6. By definition, this video will reveal it. It’s impossible for me to understand why any honest person would be bothered by that,” Carlson told Axios. (Read more from “Report: Kevin McCarthy Gave Thousands of Hours of Jan. 6 Footage to Tucker Carlson” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

James O’Keefe Removed From Project Veritas Board, Stripped as CEO

“Project Veritas” founder and CEO James O’Keefe has left the company he founded after a group of his staff reportedly tried to oust him.

O’Keefe was put on paid leave as the organization’s board considered whether they would oust him. Employees had been dissatisfied by O’Keefe’s management and alleged he wasted money and was “outright cruel” to his staff, according to the The Daily Beast.

O’Keefe announced to his staff Monday that he was ousted as CEO and from the board in an emotional 15-minute video.

“Throughout my 13 years doing this my mission has evolved,” O’Keefe said in his announcement. “Over the last few weeks I have felt a lot of despair and seen a lot of evil and felt overcome with various emotions.”

“I take away from these the gratitude that I have for many of you, most of you…I reflected upon my appreciation for many of you, what makes this great is because we actually believe in this, we have a passion for this and we have principle.” (Read more from “James O’Keefe Removed From Project Veritas Board, Stripped as CEO” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Serious Threat’: The National Science Foundation Has Spent Millions on Projects Combating ‘Misinformation’

The National Science Foundation (NSF) is pouring millions into research and the development of tools to combat online mis- and disinformation, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation review of agency grants.

Since the start of the Biden administration, the total NSF dollars spent on “misinformation” related projects have reached $38.8 million, according to a November report by the Foundation for Freedom Online (FFO). However, NSF has awarded even more grants to combat mis- and disinformation since the release of FFO’s report, the DCNF found. Most grants reviewed by the DCNF, which are ongoing and have past disbursement dates ranging from July 2019 to Dec. 2022, fall under the “Convergence Accelerator Track F: Trust & Authenticity in Communication Systems” or “Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC).”

The disinformation industry is growing and increasingly used to inform social media platforms content moderation policies, which seem to disproportionately target conservative speech. Last week, the Daily Caller News Foundation reported that the U.S. State Department helped fund the “disinformation” monitor Global Disinformation Index (GDI), which the Washington Examiner earlier found maintains a blacklist of conservative media groups and websites rated based on disinformation risk that ad companies in turn utilize to defund.

Aaron Terr, Director of Public Advocacy at the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE), told the Daily Caller News Foundation it is “not a far-fetched scenario” to imagine the government using the technology it is funding through NSF to regulate speech. (Read more from “‘Serious Threat’: The National Science Foundation Has Spent Millions on Projects Combating ‘Misinformation’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

U.S. Trying to ‘Demonize Moscow’ With Ukraine Accusations: Russia

Vice President Harris’ declaration that Russia is committing crimes against humanity is an “attempt to demonize Moscow,” Russia’s ambassador to the US said Sunday — as he blamed America for “fueling” the nearly yearlong crisis.

“We consider such insinuations as an attempt, unprecedented in terms of its cynicism, to demonize Russia in the course of a hybrid war, unleashed against us,” Anatoly Antonov said in a statement posted on the social messaging platform Telegram.

“There is no doubt that the purpose of such attacks is to justify Washington’s own actions to fuel the Ukrainian crisis,” he continued, blasting the US for providing an array of weapons to Ukraine in its defense against Russian forces. ​

Harris at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday accused Russia of carrying out “widespread and systematic” attacks on civilians in the year since President Putin launched the invasion into neighboring Ukraine on Feb. 24, 2022. (Read more from “U.S. Trying to ‘Demonize Moscow’ With Ukraine Accusations: Russia” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Former President Jimmy Carter Enters Hospice Care

Former President Jimmy Carter has decided to enter into hospice care at home after a series of brief hospital visits, the Carter Center announced Saturday.

“After a series of short hospital stays, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter today decided to spend his remaining time at home with his family and receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention,” the Carter Center said in a statement about the 98-year-old former president’s health. “He has the full support of his family and his medical team.”

Hospice care is provided for people facing terminal illness who are expected to have six months or less to live and focuses on quality of life and reducing pain while attending to the patient’s needs, according to the Mayo Clinic.

(Read more from “Former President Jimmy Carter Enters Hospice Care” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

U.S. Navy Announces ‘Reset’ of Physical Fitness Test Failures

The U.S. Navy announced Thursday it is granting sailors a “one-time reset” of past physical fitness assessment (PFA) failures in hopes of improving retention, while the Department of Defense (DOD) revealed taxpayer dollars will be used to pay for servicemembers’ abortion travel fees.

A message to Navy units announced “a one-time reset of all [PFA] failures.” for the purposes of reenlistment and promotion, among other “career continuation transitions.”

It added that the “reset is intended to level the playing field and ensure every Sailor with the drive to continue has an opportunity to meet fitness standards.” . . .

The Navy Times noted officials say the “one-time reset” is geared toward improving personnel retention and could allow as many as 1,500 sailors to avoid separation from the service, a problem being experienced in other navies around the world. (Read more from “U.S. Navy Announces ‘Reset’ of Physical Fitness Test Failures” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Deploys HHS to Ohio ‘to Conduct Public Health Testing’

The Biden administration announced Friday that the Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will deploy a team of medical personnel and toxicologists to East Palestine, Ohio, “to conduct public health testing and assessments” following the Feb. 3 rail derailment.

In addition to HHS, the response effort will loop in the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Transportation, and Federal Emergency Management Agency.

All 17 members of Ohio’s congressional delegation wrote a letter to FEMA Thursday demanding answers to why the agency denied an aid request from Gov. Mike DeWine (R-OH).

“It is our understanding that Governor DeWine’s Administration has been in communication with your agency about the need for federal support to assist with the cleanup of the Norfolk Southern train derailment and subsequent chemical fire that occurred in East Palestine, Ohio on February 3,” the letter reads.

“Despite the severity of the wreckage, chemical release, and the disruption to the lives of local residents, we have just been informed that Ohio apparently does not meet the eligibility for FEMA assistance at this time,” the lawmakers continued. “We respectfully request that you provide a detailed response as to why the residents of this community do not qualify for assistance from your agency.” (Read more from “Ohio Train Derailment: Biden Deploys Hhs to Ohio ‘to Conduct Public Health Testing'” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Hobbyists Fear ‘UFO’ Shot Down by US Military Might Have Been One of Their Balloons

Balloon enthusiasts in Illinois fear one of the unidentified objects shot down by the United States military near Alaska on Feb. 11 was one of their own.

The Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, a group of hobbyists ranging from 11-years-old and up, is missing a balloon. While the group is not making any accusations, it fears the U.S. military shot it down, Aviation Week reported. The brigade’s silver coated “pico balloon”, which it had been tracking via ham radio, disappeared mysteriously off the west coast of Alaska the same day an F-22 shot down an unidentified object in the same area, the outlet stated.

Far from having nefarious purposes, the balloon brigade’s hobby involves the enthusiasts tracking a balloon’s movement as it makes its way across the country and sometimes even the world. The Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade boasts 25 balloons, eight of which crossed the nation and three that almost spanned the globe. To do this, the club uses inexpensive pico balloons, ranging in cost from $12-180, and tether it with a GPS tracking device, the outlet stated. From there, the balloon broadcasts its position through HF and VHF/UHF radio links using amateur radio software known as WSPR, the outlet stated. (Read more from “Hobbyists Fear ‘UFO’ Shot Down by US Military Might Have Been One of Their Balloons” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

US Troops Wounded in Operation to Take Out ISIS Leader

An explosion wounded four U.S. Army troops and a working dog during an operation that resulted in the death of a senior Islamic State leader, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement Friday.

A helicopter raid Thursday evening, conducted with Syrian Democratic Forces partner militia in northeastern Syria, killed Hamza al-Homsi, whose role CENTCOM did not specify but served in a senior position in the ISIS terrorist organization, according to a statement. The injured servicemembers and military working dog are receiving treatment at a medical facility in Iraq, the statement said.

“An explosion on target resulted in four U.S. servicemembers and one working dog wounded,” CENTCOM said, adding that the targeted leader was killed. . .

In a Feb. 10 raid, coalition forces killed Ibrahim Al Qahtani, a senior ISIS leader who helped execute prison breaks of militants sympathetic to the terrorist organization in Syria.

U.S. forces in Syria captured two ISIS militants during a raid conducted jointly with an unnamed Syrian resistance group in late January. (Read more from “US Troops Wounded in Operation to Take Out ISIS Leader” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Medical Expert: COVID Vaccine Brings Higher Heart Risk, Little Benefit to Young Men

Young men face an elevated risk of heart inflammation after getting vaccinated for COVID, a virus that poses very little threat to them in the first place, a top medical expert told The Daily Wire Friday.

Speaking on the “Morning Wire” podcast, Dr. Marty Makary, a professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and an oncology surgeon at the school’s affiliated hospital, noted a recent study from Cedars Sinai found a disturbing 30% increase in heart attack deaths among adults between the ages of 25 and 44 during the first two years of the COVID pandemic. One theory holds that the uptick could be the result of COVID itself, while another places blame on the vaccine. Makary said there is evidence for the latter.

“We did not see the uptake before the vaccine was rolled out, but, young people were primarily affected around that same time as well,” he said. “The state of Florida did their own study, looking at heart attacks after the vaccine in particular, and found that there was an 81% increase in sudden death from heart attacks in the months following the vaccine compared to baseline rates. So many people do believe that the vaccine is one of the causes of heart problems in young people.”

Although the federal government and pharmaceutical industry initially downplayed or even denied it, the vaccine has increasingly been linked to myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart. Makary said myocarditis appears most prevalent after the second dose of the vaccine. He noted that parts of Europe, unlike the U.S., have discouraged giving the second dose to young, healthy people. . .

According to Makary, all the data suggests it may be a bad idea for young healthy adults, especially males, to get the vaccine. Young males between 16 and 30 have a higher risk of myocarditis than their female peers by a factor of nine to one, he said. (Read more from “Medical Expert: COVID Vaccine Brings Higher Heart Risk, Little Benefit to Young Men” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.