‘Trust the Government’ EPA Chief Tells Worried Ohio Residents (VIDEO)

The head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) went to the scene of the freight train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, on Thursday and told the community he was from the government and was there to help in the wake of the disaster.

EPA Administrator Michael Regan saw a creek that still reeks of carcinogenic chemicals following the toxic train derailment in the town earlier this month. He sought to reassure skeptical locals the water is fit for drinking and the air safe to breathe in surrounds where just under 5,000 people make their homes near the Pennsylvania state line.

“I’m asking they trust the government. I know that’s hard. We know there’s a lack of trust,” Regan said, according to AP “We’re testing for everything that was on that train.”

Regan’s visit came in the wake of Senator J.D. Vance (R-OH) who discovered what appeared to be residual contamination in the water of a creek in the same area, as Breitbart News reported.

“So I’m here at Leslie Run, and there’s dead worms and dead fish all throughout this water,” Vance said in a video posted to his Twitter account on Thursday. “Something I just discovered is that if you scrape the creek bed, it’s like chemical is coming out of the ground.”

(Read more from “‘Trust the Government’ EPA Chief Tells Worried Ohio Residents” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Pathetic! Papa Pete Blames Trump for East Palestine Disaster

CLAIM: U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg is blaming former President Donald Trump for the train disaster in East Palestine, Ohio, claiming, “we’re constrained by law on some areas of rail regulation,” and citing a “braking rule” that was withdrawn under the Trump administration.

VERDICT: False.

While it is true that in 2018 the Department of Transportation (DOT) withdrew a proposed rule requiring trains carrying certain dangerous chemicals to use electronically controlled pneumatic (ECP) brakes, this rule would not have applied to the train that derailed in East Palestine on February 3.

In addressing the train derailment on Tuesday, Buttigieg claimed, “We’re constrained by law on some areas of rail regulation,” and cited “the braking rule withdrawn by the Trump administration in 2018 because of a law passed by Congress in 2015.” (Read more from “Pathetic! Papa Pete Blames Trump for East Palestine Disaster” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Georgia Police Officer Who Wrote ‘God Designed Marriage’ Was Forced Out Over Christian Beliefs, Attorneys Say

Attorneys representing a former Georgia police officer who expressed his Christian beliefs on social media say he was forced out of his job because of religious discrimination.

Port Wentworth Police Officer Jacob Kersey resigned in January after being told by his supervisors he could be terminated for sharing his religious views on marriage.

Kersey, 19, was placed on paid administrative leave following his refusal to take down a Facebook post from two days earlier in which he paraphrased the Apostle Paul’s letter to the church at Ephesus.

“God designed marriage. Marriage refers to Christ and the church. That’s why there is no such thing as homosexual marriage,” he wrote.

According to attorneys with First Liberty Institute in Plano, Texas, Kersey was given a letter of notification that warned him he could be fired if he posted any more “offensive” content on social media. (Read more from “Georgia Police Officer Who Wrote ‘God Designed Marriage’ Was Forced Out Over Christian Beliefs, Attorneys Say” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

US Navy Ends Ridiculous COVID-19 Vaccine Restrictions

The U.S. Navy lifted its deployment restrictions on sailors who are not vaccinated against COVID-19.

A NAVADMIN released Thursday announced the end of considering vaccination status when deploying sailors. The announcement is in line with the Fiscal Year 2023 National Defense Authorization Act.

“Commanders should seek advice from medical providers regarding medical readiness of personnel to inform deployment and other operational mission decisions,” NAVADMIN 38/23 said. “COVID-19 vaccination status shall not be a consideration in assessing individual service member suitability for deployment or other operational missions.”

The new guidance is consistent with that from the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday told reporters Thursday. (Read more from “US Navy Ends Ridiculous COVID-19 Vaccine Restrictions” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Epstein and Top Banker Traded Thousands of Emails and Photos of Young Women

Emails unearthed by a lawsuit reveal that the former CEO of one of the world’s biggest banks exchanged some 1,200 emails with Jeffrey Epstein, some including photos of young women, revealing an intimate personal relationship with the accused sex trafficker that goes back years.

The former executive in question is Jes Staley, previously CEO of Barclays. The lawsuit, filed by the government of the U.S. Virgin Islands against another one of Staley’s former employers, JPMorgan, alleges that JPMorgan “knowingly facilitated, sustained, and concealed the human trafficking network” Epstein operated.

The lawsuit shows that Epstein and Staley emailed each other hundreds of times, even after Epstein was put under home confinement in 2009 for soliciting a minor for prostitution. In that case, the lawsuit alleges that Staley was presumably relaxing at Epstein’s private island known as “Little St. James” while Epstein was confined to his home in Florida.

“So when all hell breaks [loose], and the world is crumbling, I will come here, and be at peace. Presently, I’m in the hot tub with a glass of white wine. This is an amazing place. Truly amazing. Next time, we’re here together. I owe you much. And I deeply appreciate our friendship. I have few so profound,” Staley wrote, according to the Financial Times. . .

Epstein followed up the next day by sending Staley a picture of a young woman, which was redacted in the court documents. The lawsuit contends Staley responded: “don’t tell me a French wine.” The lawsuit described the women in the photos as being in “seductive poses.” (Read more from “Epstein and Top Banker Traded Thousands of Emails and Photos of Young Women” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll: Donald Trump Holds Lead Over Crowded GOP Primary Field

Former President Donald Trump leads a potentially crowded Republican primary field by six points, according to a national poll.

The Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday shows that a 42 percent plurality of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters back Trump in a field that featured many candidates. Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) remains Trump’s closest potential competitor, receiving 36 percent of the response, followed by former Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC), who launched her candidacy for president on Wednesday, at five percent.

Four percent of the 592 Republicans and leaners included in the sample support former Vice President Mike Pence, and another four percent back former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) both garner two percent of support, while one percent would vote for Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), who is reportedly “taking steps to run for president.”

In a field of just Trump, DeSantis, Haley, and Pence, the 45th president registers at 43 percent of support while DeSantis climbs to 41 percent. Haley takes six percent of the share, four percent back Pence, and five percent remain undecided. (Read more from “Poll: Donald Trump Holds Lead Over Crowded GOP Primary Field” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

School Board That Banned Urinals Changes Mind After Students Protest

A New Hampshire school board reversed its ban on urinals a week after prohibiting them amid backlash from students, according to WMUR News.

The Milford School Board unanimously voted Wednesday to put urinals back in the school bathrooms after previously banning them last week over gender identity concerns, according to WMUR News. The reversal comes after more than 100 students within the district walked out to protest the banning of the urinals.

“The board has listened to folks,” Christi Michaud, superintendent of Milford School District, told the outlet. “Lots and lots of emails, lots of phone calls that we’ve received.”

On Feb. 6, the Milford School Board voted to limit the number of students allowed in the bathroom at once, prohibited students from using shared changing spaces and banned urinals, leading to them being covered with trash bags. The ban was an attempt at a compromise after a policy was proposed to permit bathroom use on the basis of biological sex rather than gender identity. . .

Students and several teachers protested the ban on Feb. 11, with one carrying a sign that said “we want urinals.” The urinal ban has led to male students feeling “targeted,” WMUR News reported. (Read more from “School Board That Banned Urinals Changes Mind After Students Protest” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Abortion Travel Agency’: Pentagon Will Pay for Travel to Other States for ‘Reproductive Health Care’

The Department of Defense (DOD) will pay for troops to travel to states that allow abortions and obtain so-called “reproductive health care” at non-military facilities, according to a new policy released Thursday evening.

The landmark Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization Supreme Court decision gave states the authority to determine localized abortion policies. The Hyde amendment bars DOD from administering abortions at military medical facilities, the new policy carves out provisions for expanded leave times and set-aside funding for servicemembers stationed in states that restrict abortions to cross state boundaries to obtain the procedure.

“Our Service members and their families do not control where they are stationed, and due to the nature of military service, are frequently required to travel or move to meet operational requirements,” a DOD press release states. The DOD’s efforts will ensure pregnant servicemembers are “afforded time and flexibility to make private health care decisions” and access private abortion providers regardless of where they are stationed.

When the Dobbs ruling came down, DOD lacked procedures for allowing female service members to have abortions if they are stationed in one of the states that bans or tightly restricts the practice. (Read more from “‘Abortion Travel Agency’: Pentagon Will Pay for Travel to Other States for ‘Reproductive Health Care’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

White House Demands Media ‘Comply,’ Hauls Specific Reporters Out of Biden’s UFO Brief

The White House heavily controlled which reporters had access to President Joe Biden’s remarks on “aerial objects” Thursday, telling the media to “comply,” and asking reporters — including the Daily Caller’s correspondent — to leave the room.

Biden’s remarks were scheduled for 2:00 p.m., and reporters were notified less than an hour before that they would need a “pre-credentialed” pass to attend the press conference. Biden’s team walked the press over to the South Court Auditorium, where the remarks were to be delivered, at approximately 1:50 p.m.

When reporters entered the auditorium, White House staff approached every correspondent and pressed each of them to show an email containing a “pre-credential,” as there was not enough space in the room.

There were approximately 23 open seats in the auditorium, enough space to accommodate everyone.

Despite the space, White House staff told reporters to “comply” with the rules. (Read more from “White House Demands Media ‘Comply,’ Hauls Specific Reporters Out of Biden’s UFO Brief” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Here’s What the President’s Doctor Had to Say About Biden’s Health

After missed timelines and weeks of unexplained delays, 80-year-old President Joe Biden finally underwent his annual physical at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Thursday morning. . .

[E]arlier in 2023, the White House was — without giving a reason — delaying President Biden’s annual physical. Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre had told the press corps that Biden would undergo his yearly checkup in January, but that didn’t happen. She insisted the White House was handling Biden’s health in a “very transparent way,” even though Biden’s doctor was not made available to answer reporters’ questions when he had COVID in 2022 and his physical was put off despite Biden having plenty of time to spend long weekends in Delaware.

Following Biden’s physical, the president’s doctor — Kevin O’Connor — sent Karine Jean-Pierre a five-page memo shared with reporters on Thursday evening detailing Biden’s health and listing off the conditions for which the president is being treated.

O’Connor reported that Biden “does not use any tobacco products, does not drink alcohol, and he continues to work out at least five days per week.” The president measured 72 inches tall and weighed 178 pounds for a BMI of 24.1, according to his doctor. His blood pressure was 128/76, his pulse was 69, and his body temperature was 98.6 degrees.

The president’s doctor stated that Biden’s “extremities have a full range of motion” and his “strength and reflexes are all normal and symmetrical.” (Read more from “Here’s What the President’s Doctor Had to Say About Biden’s Health” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.