Special Counsel Jack Smith Returns To United States To Lead Investigations Into Trump

Special counsel Jack Smith has reportedly arrived back in the United States to lead investigations into former President Donald Trump after working as a prosecutor at The Hague.

Attorney General Merrick Garland tapped Smith, a former war crimes prosecutor, to be special counsel to take over two Department of Justice investigations into Trump in November. Smith accepted the appointment but was initially held back at The Hague in the Netherlands as he recovered from a biking accident.

He has since returned to the United States weeks after his appointment. His exact return date is unclear as the Justice Department has not officially announced his return to the country, according to The Washington Post. People familiar with Smith’s travels told the Post that Smith had been back in the U.S. “for some time.”

Garland appointed Smith to be special counsel after Trump announced his third run for president at an event at Mar-a-Lago in November. (Read more from “Special Counsel Jack Smith Returns To United States To Lead Investigations Into Trump” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

DeSantis Puts Woke Colleges On Notice, Tells Them To Hand Over Diversity Receipts

The office of Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) requested information on diversity expenditures from state universities.

A memo addressed to Florida Education Commissioner Manny Diaz and Florida State University System Chancellor Ray Rodrigues, which was sent on December 28 and posted to social media on Wednesday by DeSantis Press Secretary Bryan Griffin, told the officials to gather data on diversity initiatives in the higher education system as the Florida legislature begins to consider budget proposals.

“It is important that we have a full understanding of the operational expenses of state institutions,” the memo said. “This letter is a request for information from the Department of Education and the State University System regarding the expenditure of state resources on programs and initiatives related to diversity, equity and inclusion, and critical race theory within our state colleges and universities.”

For each initiative, university administrators were told to include a brief description of the program, the number of staff positions associated with the program, the total funding used to support the program, and the portion of the funding that came from taxpayer dollars. (Read more from “Desantis Puts Woke Colleges on Notice, Tells Them to Hand Over Diversity Receipts” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

School District to Reportedly Require Students To Use Restrooms Based on Biological Sex

A Florida school district plans to implement policy that strictly requires students to use the restrooms based on their biological gender, according to reports.

Fox station WTVT in Tampa reported that Pasco County Schools Superintendent Kurt Browning announced the new policy during a school board meeting on Tuesday night.

“As the board is aware, over winter break, the 11th Circuit United States Court of Appeals…issued its ruling in the case of Drew (Adams) versus the school board of St. Johns County,” Browning said during the meeting. “The full appeals court overturned the trial court’s decision, which has been the controlling law until this newest decision was rendered.”

The policy change comes as the debate over diversity, inclusion, and school bathrooms continues to draw support and opposition from all sides. (Read more from “School District to Reportedly Require Students To Use Restrooms Based on Biological Sex” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Why Did Congress Remove Language From the Defense Bill Protecting Military Kids From Trans Insanity?

Schools servicing military kids are targeting parents and teachers alike who question administrators’ sexual agendas, and Congress chose to let it continue in the defense bill just signed into law over Christmas.

In November, a concerned mom posted on social media her shock at seeing “artwork” in the entrance of an elementary school that caused her 7-year-old to ask her what “polysexual” meant. The response was swift, but not in the way you might expect: An Army officer at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey called state and local law enforcement and used base security forces to monitor the supposedly unsafe situation she had created in the school district where more than half of the students are children of active-duty military personnel.

Another case from this year: A teacher at an on-base, non-Department of Defense (DOD) school who refused to use a student’s “preferred” name was consequently disciplined by the school. Such forced political ideology isn’t isolated to non-DOD schools that serve military bases; it’s also happening in federally run Department of Defense Education Activity (DODEA) schools, which are schools expressly created for the children of military personnel.

Thankfully, several members of Congress have stepped up to draw attention to the political indoctrination that has infiltrated DODEA. Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., introduced the Servicemember Parents Bill of Rights, which was included in its entirety in the first House-passed version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2023.

Unfortunately, the final language agreed upon by the House and Senate and signed into law by President Joe Biden on Dec. 23 was significantly watered down — and it requires no change in practice or acknowledgment of wrongdoing by DODEA. (Read more from “Why Did Congress Remove Language From the Defense Bill Protecting Military Kids From Trans Insanity?” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Blames Pro-Lifers for Midterm Election Fumble

. . .“It wasn’t my fault that the Republicans didn’t live up to expectations in the MidTerms,” Trump posted on Truth Social Sunday evening.

“It was the ‘abortion issue,’ poorly handled by many Republicans, especially those that firmly insisted on No Exceptions, even in the case of Rape, Incest, or Life of the Mother, that lost large numbers of Voters. Also, the people that pushed so hard, for decades, against abortion, got their wish from the U.S. Supreme Court, & just plain disappeared, not to be seen again. Plus, Mitch stupid $’s!” Trump added.

The Supreme Court overturned the landmark abortion case Roe v. Wade in June, handing back power to individual states to decide how to address the issue. No major Republican office holder or candidate advocated for abortion restrictions without exceptions for the life of the mother during the 2020 cycle.

Trump-backed candidates largely underperformed on Election Day. Across several battleground states including Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona, Trump loyalists from Kari Lake and Herschel Walker to Mehmet Oz and Doug Mastriano fell by the wayside in an environment that heavily favored Republicans. (Read more from “Trump Blames Pro-Lifers for Midterm Election Fumble” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Reportedly Promised Twitter the Bureau Would Be ‘Conduit’ Between Tech Industry, Intel Agencies

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) reportedly promised Twitter it would be “the belly button” for requests from intelligence agencies to the tech industry, newly released documents show.

“Will the industry partners rely on the FBI to be the belly button for the USG? We can do that as well,” FBI Agent Elvis Chan reportedly asked former Twitter Head of Trust and Safety Yoel Roth in an email, according to the latest “Twitter Files” installment reported by journalist Matt Taibbi.

Chan was reportedly asking Roth about monthly calls between intelligence agencies and the tech industry led by the FBI, Taibbi said. Chan was reportedly pushing for the State Department’s Global Engagement Center to be included in the weekly call, according to emails shared by Taibbi.

Twitter reportedly pushed back against including the GEC in the meetings because it was “political” unlike the “apolitical” intelligence agencies. Roth expressed concerns about the GEC being “press happy” and said it would be a “major risk” to bring it into the weekly call, Taibbi reported.

Chan proposed a compromise to Twitter and Facebook where the FBI and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) would serve as “conduits in and out from the USG,” Taibbi continued.

(Read more from “FBI Reportedly Promised Twitter the Bureau Would Be ‘Conduit’ Between Tech Industry, Intel Agencies” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Who Is Damar Hamlin? Open Christian Who Says Family Comes First

Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin, 24, shockingly suffered cardiac arrest during an NFL game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night.

Hamlin, an open Christian who attended a Catholic high school, is currently receiving medical care at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where he’s been sedated and remains in critical condition, according to the latest updates. . .

Hamlin attended Central Catholic High School in Pittsburgh, and was unsurprisingly a standout on the school’s football team. He was reportedly team captain and a heavily recruited all-state team member, winning awards like being named the division’s defensive player of the year. . .

After high school, Hamlin decided on attending the University of Pittsburgh so he could remain close to his family. . .

During his college years, the athlete reportedly opened up about his faith, stating, “My faith is in God. So whatever He has planned for me, that’ll be it.” (Read more from “Who Is Damar Hamlin? Open Christian Who Says Family Comes First” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

As Republicans Launch New Legal Strikes, Arizona’s Largest County Says 4,849 Ballots Not Counted

Arizona Republican candidates Abe Hamadeh and Kari Lake have launched new legal maneuvers to contest the November election as the state’s largest county gave its most detailed explanation to date on why it did not count more than 4,800 provisional ballots cast two months ago.

Hamadeh, the GOP’s attorney general nominee. on Tuesday filed a motion for a new trial after a Mohave County Superior Court judge dismissed his and the Republican National Committee’s election challenge just before Christmas.

While Hamedeh lost Dec. 23, he forced into public new evidence of voting problems in Pinal County that even Arizona’s new Democrat secretary of state concedes was troubling. That new evidence is one focus of his request for a new trial.

“Today, I am filing a ‘Motion for New Trial’ after the shocking revelations from the recount,” Hamadeh tweeted Tuesday. “It’s simple, if the judge allows us to inspect and count the ballots – we win. Kris Mayes will either resign or be removed from office. Count the votes accurately.” . . .

Regarding the vote count discrepancy, Hamadeh told Turning Point USA President Charlie Kirk on The Charlie Kirk Show, that the judge in his case “was pushed around by the secretary of state, Katie Hobbs’, and Kris Mayes’ legal teams. That’s what I mean when I say I give Democrats credit. They intimidated this judge. They basically withheld information. They snookered him.” (Read more from “As Republicans Launch New Legal Strikes, Arizona’s Largest County Says 4,849 Ballots Not Counted” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Kevin McCarthy Comes up Short Again as Speaker Race Heads to Third Ballot

After GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy failed on Tuesday to secure enough votes to win the speaker’s gavel on the first ballot, a second round was necessitated — the first time additional ballots were needed since 1923.

This is, presumably, not the kind of historic start GOP leadership was hoping for as the majority party in the new Congress.

For the second ballot, Reps. Hakeem Jeffries and Kevin McCarthy were again nominated. But, instead of renominating Rep. Andy Biggs as the GOP alternative to McCarthy, Rep. Matt Gaetz nominated Rep. Jim Jordan — who had nominated McCarthy for the second ballot.

(Read more from “Kevin McCarthy Comes up Short Again as Speaker Race Heads to Third Ballot” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Will Not Attend Funeral of Pope Benedict ‘in Line With the Wishes of the Vatican’

President Joe Biden will not be attending the funeral of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, per the wishes of the late pope and the Vatican, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Tuesday.

The U.S. will send Ambassador of the Holy See, Joe Donnelly, “in line with the wishes of the late Pope and the Vatican. This is what their requests were. This is what their wishes were,” Jean-Pierre said.

The funeral will only host world leaders from Italy and Benedict’s home country of Germany due to the private nature of the event, Reuters reported.

Pope Benedict passed away at 95-years-old Saturday. He resigned in 2013 citing health concerns, being the first pope to resign in 600 years. (Read more from “Biden Will Not Attend Funeral of Pope Benedict ‘in Line With the Wishes of the Vatican’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.