Gov. Greg Abbott Does Not Seem Concerned That He’s Funding a Texas University Lab That Worked to Censor Conservatives

Texas Governor Greg Abbott declined to answer repeated questions from the Daily Caller News Foundation on whether he believes it is appropriate for taxpayer funds to support a Texas university’s project that worked to censor conservatives.

The University of Texas at Austin houses the Global Disinformation Lab, established in 2020 to research a “broad spectrum of information, misinformation, and disinformation via digital media.” The lab recently partnered with the Global Disinformation Index (GDI), which works to blacklist conservative news sites from ad exchanges, according to documents obtained by the Washington Examiner, for a research report released in December 2022.

Researchers from the UT Austin lab analyzed 69 news websites between June and October, finding conservative websites — including the New York Post, Reason, RealClearPolitics, The Daily Wire, The Blaze, OANN, The American Conservative, The Federalist, Newsmax and The American Spectator — most at risk for disinformation, according to the review. Meanwhile, liberal-leaning websites like The Washington Post, BuzzFeed News and The New York Times were rated “low” risk.

The Daily Caller News Foundation reached out to Governor Abbot’s office on seven occasions over the course of a week, asking his opinion on taxpayer funds going to the lab’s projects, as the university receives 24% of its funding from state and county support. Communications director Renae Eze provided a statement highlighting Abbott’s freedom of speech initiatives but did not address the question.

“The University of Texas is not currently partnering with the UK-based index and will not in the future,” Eze said. “Here in Texas, Governor Abbott has long-championed freedom of speech for Texans and Americans. In the last two legislative sessions, the Governor has fought for and signed legislation into law protecting Texans from wrongful censorship on social media platforms and protecting free speech on Texas’ college campuses. And just last month, Governor Abbott helped facilitate a pivotal agreement between Newsmax and DIRECTV to protect the right of conservative voices and viewpoints to be heard.” (Read more from “Gov. Greg Abbott Does Not Seem Concerned That He’s Funding a Texas University Lab That Worked to Censor Conservatives” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trans Runner Beat 14K Women in London Marathon after Running NYC as a Man

A transgender runner is under fire for crediting “girl power” for beating nearly 14,000 others in the female category of the London Marathon — just months after racing in New York as a man.

Sports bra-wearing racer Glenique Frank — who ran the New York Marathon on Nov. 6 as Glen Frank — went viral after stopping to talk to a BBC reporter covering the UK race Sunday.

“London is the best!” the 52-year-old runner said of [his] 17th marathon, which last year included Tokyo and Chicago and will include all of the “six majors,” including Berlin and then Boston.

“Girl power!” Frank said of [his] marathon efforts while flexing [his] bulging biceps above rainbow-colored armbands.

The runner — whose social media still shows photos of [him] running earlier races as a balding man — ended the mid-race chat to gush about how [his] “beautiful son” is expecting a baby. (Read more from “Trans Runner Beat 14K Women in London Marathon after Running NYC as a Man” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Elementary Teacher Accused of Possessing Child Porn

An Atlanta-area teacher is facing multiple counts of possessing child pornography after investigators received a tip from the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children.

On April 14, someone from Washington state contacted the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children regarding the possible online sexual exploitation of a child by a teacher at Poole’s Mill Elementary School in Cumming, Georgia, about 40 miles northeast of the state capital. NCMEC then alerted the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office’s Internet Crimes Against Children Unit.

An investigation into the NCMEC tip led police to 38-year-old James Andrew “Drew” Cecil, who had been teaching fourth grade at Poole’s Mill Elementary for about two years. He also previously spent five years as a teacher and volleyball coach at North Forsyth High School in the same district.

Cecil was arrested last Friday without incident. He has been charged with nine counts of possession of child pornography and one count of sexual exploitation of a child. He was booked into Forsyth County Jail and assessed a bond of $55,200. He has likely been released on bond, as his name no longer appears on jail records. It is unclear when he is expected to appear in court. (Read more from “Elementary Teacher Accused of Possessing Child Porn” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

This Largely Unknown Psychological Phenomenon May Be Driving Men to Become Trans, Experts Say

Autogynephilia, or a man’s condition of being sexually aroused by the concept of himself as a woman, is a driving force behind male-to-female transgenderism, according to some experts, but activists and a leading transgender medical group have been reluctant to acknowledge the issue.

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), the leading transgender medical organization, removed the term from its standards of care between 1998 and 2001, and proponents of the transgender movement have decried the term as inaccurate and stigmatizing.

Autogynephilia, or AGP, undercuts the narrative pushed by proponents of transgender ideology that gender transitions aren’t sexual, and a significant proportion of transgender people are heterosexual men who are sexually aroused when they present themselves as female and wear women’s clothing, researchers and transgender people have argued. . .

AGP drives the overwhelming majority of male-to-female transsexual cases, according to Dr. Ray Blanchard, a Canadian psychiatry professor who coined the term in the late 1980s. Most of the pushback against the classification of AGP comes from transgender activists and their allies in the mental health field rather than from medical institutions, he said.

“Acknowledging the existence of autogynephilia creates certain problems,” Blanchard told the DCNF. “First, it challenges the conceptualization of male-to-female (MTF) trans as normal, ordinary women who happen to have been born in the wrong body. It threatens the rationale they may have used for terminating their marriages, for risking alienating their children, and sometimes for experiencing a career setback.” (Read more from “This Largely Unknown Psychological Phenomenon May Be Driving Men to Become Trans, Experts Say” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Study: Face Masks May Raise Risk of Testicular Dysfunction, Stillbirths

Face masks may raise the risk of stillbirths, testicular dysfunction and cognitive decline in children, ‘explosive’ new research suggests.

A review of dozens of studies on face coverings suggested they can cause mild carbon dioxide poisoning when worn over long periods.

The German academics who carried out the research believe masks create a pocket of dead space between the mouth and mask, which traps the toxic gas.

They say the build-up of CO2 in pregnant women’s bodies could cause complications for the unborn fetus. They point out that CO2 also contributes to oxidative stress, which can affect cognition and cause testicular issues in men.

But independent doctors have questioned the conclusions of the study — which never directly looked at health complications and mask use, describing the link as ‘unlikely’. (Read more from “Study: Face Masks May Raise Risk of Testicular Dysfunction, Stillbirths” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Jewish Boy with Autism Returned from School with Swastika Carved into His Skin, Mother Says; FBI ‘Prepared to Investigate’

The FBI is prepared to investigate after a woman said her Jewish son with autism came home from school with a swastika carved into his back, NBC news reported Saturday.

“We are aware of the incident and are in regular contact with local authorities. If during the local investigation, information comes to light of a potential federal civil rights violation, the FBI is prepared to investigate,” the agency said in a statement acquired by the outlet.

The mother, who asked to remain anonymous, says her 17-year-old is a senior at Clark High School in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is nonverbal, has a full time attendant while at school, and uses a service dog. COL Live reported.

“My son is the only student I know of who wears a kippah at the school,” the boy’s mother told the outlet.

A kippah, sometimes called a yarmulke or skullcap, is a headcovering Jewish people wear as a sign of respect and reference for God. (Read more from “Jewish Boy with Autism Returned from School with Swastika Carved into His Skin, Mother Says; FBI ‘Prepared to Investigate’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Elementary School Assistant and ‘Drag Mom’ to 11-Year-Old Child Drag Queen Sentenced to Prison for Child Sex Crimes

A self-described “drag mom” and former instructional assistant at an elementary school in Oregon will spend less than a year after being found guilty of 11 felony child sex crimes.

Last year, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office received tips from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force accusing Kelsey Meta Boren of uploading child porn to the internet, according to KDRV-TV.

While executing a search warrant at Boren’s home, detectives said they found “evidence indicating that Boren has utilized the internet on numerous occasions to distribute and exchange pornographic images of children.” . . .

Before her arrest, Boren frequently posted photos on social media of herself with an 11-year-old girl, who is also a child drag performer named Vanellope MacPherson DuPont. In the social media posts, Boren reportedly referred to herself as the child’s “drag mom.”

Two months after her arrest, Boren participated in a drag queen event that featured a Vanellope MacPherson DuPont at Old Nick’s Pub in Eugene, Oregon. The venue is a Satan and pagan-themed bar that regularly hosts drag queen shows, drag queen story hour, and “fetish nights.” (Read more from “Elementary School Assistant and ‘Drag Mom’ to 11-Year-Old Child Drag Queen Sentenced to Prison for Child Sex Crimes” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Ex-Disney World Employee Admits Taking Hundreds of ‘Upskirt’ Videos

An ex-Disney worker in Florida is accused of recording an “upskirt” video of a woman at the Star-Wars themed shop where he was employed.

The incident involving the 18-year-old woman took place at the Walt Disney World Hollywood Studios. Officials eventually arrested 26-year-old Jorge Diaz Vega on March 31, Fox News reported Sunday.

An arrest affidavit said the man admitted to recording hundreds of videos up women’s skirts and dresses at the location over a several year period.

“Diaz Vega told deputies he had over 500 videos on his phone, which he said he recorded as a ‘guilty pleasure’ for his own sexual gratification, since ‘it is hard to find them online,’ the affidavit states,” per the Fox report.

The day of his arrest, a security guard saw the suspect allegedly record a clip of the young woman who was shopping at the store known as Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities with her fiancé. (Read more from “Ex-Disney World Employee Admits Taking Hundreds of ‘Upskirt’ Videos” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Coroner: Young Doctor Died from Blood Clot Due to COVID Vaccine

A London Coroner’s Court has ruled that the blood clot that killed British psychologist Stephen Wright in January 2021 was linked to the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. . .

“Dr. Wright was a fit and healthy man who had the AstraZeneca COVID vaccination on 16 January 2021, awoke with a headache on the 25th and later developed left arm numbness,” coroner Andrew Harris said in his ruling, according to Fox News. “He attended an emergency department just after midnight, where he was found to have high blood pressure and a sagittal sinus venous thrombosis.”

“He was transferred to King’s College Hospital at 6:39 am but, because of the extent of the bleed and very low platelets, was unfit for surgery, dying at 6:33 pm. My conclusion as to the cause of death is unintended complications of vaccination,” he ruled. . .

Harris’s ruling ended a battle on the part of Charlotte Wright, the psychologist’s widow, to change her husband’s death certificate, which currently has the cause of death as “natural causes.” Charlotte Wright is currently suing AstraZeneca. (Read more from “Coroner: Young Doctor Died from Blood Clot Due to COVID Vaccine” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Ex-Hillsong Pastor Carl Lentz’s New Megachurch Accused of ‘Inappropriate’ Easter Service

The megachurch that hired the ousted pastor of Hillsong New York City Carl Lentz has been accused of throwing an “inappropriate” Easter Service that saw performers twerk on stage. . .

Transformation Church, led by pastor and popular YouTuber Michael Todd, held a musical performance titled “Ransom” on April 9 — but fellow pastors slammed it for its lack of holiness and labeled it as “blasphemous.”

They claim that the performance showed how “God’s love conquered sin, death and the grave” after a female figure appeared on the cross while others danced around. . .

Frederick Clement, a pastor and the founder of “By The Book Ministries,” fumed the production was “nothing short of blasphemous.”

“Pastor Mike Todd never ceases to amaze me,” Clement said in a YouTube video. “Mike Todd’s Easter service was nothing short of blasphemous and it was a complete mockery of the resurrection of Jesus Christ! His remarks, the service, the performances were only meant to entertain the goats and mocked the sheep!” (Read more from “Ex-Hillsong Pastor Carl Lentz’s New Megachurch Accused of ‘Inappropriate’ Easter Service” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.