WATCH: ‘Peaceful Protesters’ Light Pig Head and American Flag on Fire in Portland Riots

By Townhall. Despite demonstrably false reporting from the leftist media, congressional Democrats, and late-night comedy hosts on HBO, Portland, Oregon has remained the scene of terror and destruction for more than two months.

On Thursday, activists took aim at the city Justice Center creating a horrific display involving a severed pig head wearing a policeman’s hat, sitting on an American flag. The deceased animal’s head and flag were both lit on fire. Andy Ngo of the Post Millennial reported from the Justice Center.

The display of violence meant to strike fear in the hearts of law enforcement officers in Portland was certainly not part of any peaceful protest. Police found an abandoned pet pig not far from that area in the earlier days of riots; they believed that was a first attempt to kill an animal in order to send a message to the police but the perpetrators abandoned their plan before they were able to carry it out.

(Read more from “‘Peaceful Protesters’ Light Pig Head and American Flag on Fire in Portland Riots” HERE)


Oregon Police in Portland Try to Quell Nightly Protests, Riots

By Fox News. Oregon State Police have taken over the role of guarding a courthouse in Portland after more than 60 nights of protests that at times turned into violent riots, and increasingly targeted the federal building.

Stepping up state and local officers’ presence was part of a deal between the Democratic governor and the Trump administration that aimed to draw down the number of U.S. agents during the unrest. . .

Portland police cleared out a park Thursday morning across from the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse that demonstrators have used as a staging ground, but reopened it shortly before dark.

Police said Thursday night’s demonstration near the courthouse was less violent, although people at times “lit small fires along sidewalks on surrounding blocks and attempted to light fires inside the fence at the federal courthouse.”

Under the deal announced by Gov. Kate Brown, federal agents sent by President Donald Trump began a phased withdrawal, with Oregon State Police taking over outside the building. But federal officials insist agents would remain on standby in case they’re needed.

(Read more from “Oregon Police in Portland Try to Quell Nightly Protests, Riots” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE