Posts

Newsweek: The FBI Is Now Explicitly Targeting Trump Supporters

The federal government believes that the threat of violence and major civil disturbances around the 2024 U.S. presidential election is so great that it has quietly created a new category of extremists that it seeks to track and counter: Donald Trump’s army of MAGA followers.

The challenge for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the primary federal agency charged with law enforcement, is to pursue and prevent what it calls domestic terrorism without direct reference to political parties or affiliations—even though the vast majority of its current “anti-government” investigations are of Trump supporters, according to classified data obtained by Newsweek.

“The FBI is in an almost impossible position,” says a current FBI official, who requested anonymity to discuss highly sensitive internal matters. The official said that the FBI is intent on stopping domestic terrorism and any repeat of the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. But the Bureau must also preserve the Constitutional right of all Americans to campaign, speak freely and protest the government. By focusing on former president Trump and his MAGA (Make America Great Again) supporters, the official said, the Bureau runs the risk of provoking the very anti-government activists that the terrorism agencies hope to counter.

“Especially at a time when the White House is facing Congressional Republican opposition claiming that the Biden administration has ‘weaponized’ the Bureau against the right wing, it has to tread very carefully,” says the official. (Read more from “Newsweek: The FBI Is Now Explicitly Targeting Trump Supporters” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Ex-Official Confirms to Lawmakers Bureau Had Human Sources in Place on Jan. 6

A former top FBI official has told a House panel that the agency’s Washington Field Office learned that FBI informants were involved in the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot.

The House Judiciary Committee conducted a transcribed interview with Steven D’Antuono, former assistant director-in-charge of the Washington Field Office (WFO).

During the interview, Mr. D’Antuono testified that the WFO learned after the riot that there had been confidential sources from other field offices in attendance and that other informants participated on their own accord.

When asked by Rep. Jim Jordan, Ohio Republican and the Judiciary chairman, whether there were any known or unknown Confidential Human Sources (CHS) at the riot, Mr. D’Antuono said, “Well, I think they were both.”

Mr. Jordan responded, “So, you now know that there were CHSes that the FBI knew ahead of time were going to be here on Jan. 6 and that there were also some unknown CHSes who, on their own accord, decided to come here on Jan. 6?” (Read more from “FBI Ex-Official Confirms to Lawmakers Bureau Had Human Sources in Place on Jan. 6” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Company Let FBI Seize Customer’s Gun Safe Contents Without a Court Order (VIDEO)

Liberty Safe willfully granted the FBI backdoor access to one of its customers’ gun safes because the federal law enforcement agency demanded it.

“The feds called the manufacturer of his Liberty Gun Safe and got the passcode to get into it too. All for protesting at the Capitol over 2 1/2 years ago,” conservative YouTubers the Hodge Twins alleged in a post on X on Monday.

Nathan Hughes, the 34-year-old owner of the compromised Liberty gun safe, was arrested at gunpoint and charged last week with one felony and three misdemeanors related to his presence in the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6, 2021. During the raid on his home, the FBI ransacked his house and attempted to confiscate the firearms from his safe.

Liberty confirmed on Tuesday that it gave the disgraced federal law enforcement agency a combination to break into Hughes’ gun safe simply because the FBI produced a warrant to search Hughes’ home.

Safe companies like Liberty are not necessarily required to comply with law enforcement requests for combos to break into one of their purchased products unless a court orders them to do so. Liberty, however, claimed it is their “company protocol” to give law enforcement entry and access to its products as long as those agencies possess a warrant. (Read more from “Company Let FBI Seize Customer’s Gun Safe Contents Without a Court Order (VIDEO)” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Lies About ‘Highly Credible’ Source Claims Were Leaked to NYT and Spoonfed to Weiss

Emails obtained by the Heritage Foundation following a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, and shared exclusively with The Federalist, reveal that lies leaked to The New York Times about the origins of damning evidence implicating Hunter and Joe Biden in a bribery scandal were fed to Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss.

As I previously detailed, The New York Times reported those lies in its Dec. 11, 2020, article, “Material from Giuliani Spurred a Separate Justice Depart. Pursuit of Hunter Biden” — just a week after Americans first learned of the investigation of the now-president’s son. The Times’ reporting was “replete with falsehoods and deceptive narratives,” but “Americans just didn’t know it at the time.” . . .

Now the FOIA-produced emails reveal even more: The FBI lies, laundered through The New York Times, were fed directly to Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss. . .

The never-before-seen emails provided late last week by the Department of Justice to the Heritage Foundation and its Oversight Project director, Mike Howell, in response to a court order, included an email thread revealing how the Times story landed in Weiss’s lap.

“Ladies, here you have attached the NYT’s story ‘Material from Giuliani Spurred a Separate Justice Depart. Pursuit of Hunter Biden’ which posted a bit ago. Link here,” a Dec. 11, 2020, 6:44 p.m. email from the FBI Office of Public Affairs’ National Press Office read. (Read more from “FBI Lies About ‘Highly Credible’ Source Claims Were Leaked to NYT and Spoonfed to Weiss” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Arrests 10 Police Officers in ‘Wide Ranging’ Federal Corruption Case

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has filed charges against 10 present and former police officers from the California cities of Antioch and Pittsburg Thursday in a major federal corruption case.

“Today is a dark day in our city’s history, as people trusted to uphold the law, allegedly breached that trust and were arrested by the FBI,” Antioch Mayor Lamar Thorpe said in a statement.

The charges range from cheating on training courses to serious violations of civil rights, Mercury News reported. The focus of the allegations is mainly on Antioch Police Department (APD), which has reportedly faced complaints about excessive force and a scandal involving racist text messages.

Three officers, two currently serving and one former, are accused of committing civil rights violations, per Mercury News. The charges alleged they planned violence against specific people, kept “trophies” of their actions and lied in official reports to cover up their deeds.

Text messages exchanged between the officers reportedly reveal conversations discussing violent plans and sharing pictures of the people they targeted. In one instance, officers discussed a plan for violence, Mercury News noted. (Read more from “FBI Arrests 10 Police Officers in ‘Wide Ranging’ Federal Corruption Case” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Document Stash Reveals FBI’s Scheming to Target Christians

The FBI’s attempt to redefine traditional Catholics who remain dedicated to their faith as potential domestic terrorists long has been known.

In fact, just days ago WND reported that the facts show that such a scheme, proposed in a letter from one FBI office, actually was developed and supported by many offices. . .

A new report from the American Center for Law and Justice documents that the FBI, in response to a federal lawsuit, has admitted the existence of a trove of documents “labeling Christians as ‘radical traditionalists’ and ‘potential terrorists,'” with documented plans for “planting undercover FBI agents inside churches.”

The ACLJ said it went to court after evidence of the FBI’s targeting of members of the Christian faith became evidenct It demanded information about the “blatant religious discrimination of conservative Christians.”

“As a result, the FBI has just informed the court that it has already found over 1,200 pages of documents related to our FOIA and the targeting of Christians and pro-lifers, and it’s still searching for more,” the legal organization said. (Read more from “Document Stash Reveals FBI’s Scheming to Target Christians” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Former FBI Agent Says He Was Not Aware of Interference in Hunter Biden Probe

A former FBI agent who helped lead the probe of Hunter Biden told congressional investigators that he was not aware of any political interference in the case, though he said higher-ups blocked an interview with President Joe Biden’s son weeks after the 2020 presidential election, transcripts show.

In transcripts from a July 17 interview with the Republican-controlled House of Representatives Oversight Committee, the unidentified FBI supervisory agent corroborated earlier testimony by an Internal Revenue Service whistleblower that investigators were not allowed to interview Hunter Biden on Dec. 8, 2020, after top Secret Service officials and the Biden transition team were notified of the plan.

The former agent, who retired last year after more than 20 years with the agency, told investigators that he was frustrated over the decision by more senior officials to block the interview but didn’t consider the outcome problematic.

“I wasn’t aware of political interference, personally,” the former agent said.

Republicans pointed to the testimony as evidence that the Justice Department intervened to delay the Hunter Biden probe, even though the events took place while Republican President Donald Trump was in office. (Read more from “Former FBI Agent Says He Was Not Aware of Interference in Hunter Biden Probe” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Supporter Killed in FBI Raid Was a ‘Teddy Bear’ Who Cared for Blind Son but the ‘Type to Sleep With Gun Under His Pillow’: Neighbor

Neighbors described the man shot in an FBI raid on his home in Utah after he made threats to assassinate the president as a “decent guy” who cared for his blind son but was the “type to sleep with a gun under his pillow”.

Craig Robertson, 75, allegedly pointed a gun at law enforcement during the incident Wednesday which led to what locals described as a ‘hail of bullets’ at the home in Provo.

Robertson was then dragged out of the house and bled out on the sidewalk outside his home covered under a sheet, according to local reports.

“I just can’t believe that this man warranted that kind of response,” Travis Clark, who lived on the same street as Robertson, told the Deseret News.

Others were shocked by the huge police response to the home of the 300-pound Air Force veteran turned carpenter, who walked around with a cane as he was barely mobile, according to people who knew him. (Read more from “Trump Supporter Killed in FBI Raid Was a ‘Teddy Bear’ Who Cared for Blind Son but the ‘Type to Sleep With Gun Under His Pillow’: Neighbor” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Gunned Down Utah Man Accused of Threatening Joe Biden; Who Was Craig Robertson? What We Know About the Armed Trump Supporter Shot Dead in Raid

By Breitbart. The FBI gunned down a Utah man accused of making death threats against President Joe Biden during a raid on his home on Wednesday morning.

Seventy-five-year-old Craig Deleeuw Robertson was being charged with three counts of interstate threats, threats against the president, and influencing, impeding, and retaliating against federal law enforcement officers by threat, according to a criminal complaint. . .

“PERHAPS UTAH WILL BECOME FAMOUS THIS WEEK AS THE PLACE A SNIPER TOOK OUT BIDEN THE MARXIST,” one of his Facebook posts allegedly read.

“IN MY DREAM I SEE JOE BIDEN’S BODY IN A DARK CORNER OF A DC PARKING GARAGE WITH HIS HEAD SEVERED AND LYING IN A HUGE PUDDLE OF BLOOD. HOORAH,” another post said. . .

The FBI deemed these threats “credible,” and attempted to serve arrest and search warrants at Robertson’s home in Provo, Utah, but ended up shooting and killing him around 6:15 a.m. local time. (Read more from “FBI Gunned Down Utah Man Accused of Threatening Joe Biden” HERE)

_________________________________________________

Who Was Craig Robertson? What We Know About the Armed Trump Supporter Shot Dead in Utah FBI Raid

By New York Post. The Utah man shot dead by FBI agents Wednesday morning after making online assassination threats to President Biden and other top Democrats was a staunch Donald Trump supporter, Air Force veteran, Second Amendment advocate and twice-widowed father of three adult children. . .

The registered Republican and self-proclaimed “MAGA Trumper” wrote online Sunday that he heard Biden was coming to Utah so he was digging out his camouflage hunting suit and “cleaning the dust off the M24 sniper rifle.”

Robertson had a collection of firearms that he frequently showed off in photos posted to his social media profiles, where he described himself as an “Air Force Vietnam Era vet, retired welding inspector, gunsmith and woodworker. NRA Life Member, 2A advocate and owner of many AR rifles + many other rifles, shotguns, and handguns.” . . .

Clark said Robertson was an “established icon” in their neighborhood and was often outspoken about his political views.

“He was a boomer, and he was very political and sometimes made off-color jokes … but nothing that indicated it was a threat,” he said, adding that he was “frail of health.” (Read more from “Who Was Craig Robertson? What We Know About the Armed Trump Supporter Shot Dead in Utah FBI Raid” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Religious Group Blasts FBI Memo: ‘Unconstitutional Effort to Surveil Catholics’

A Catholic advocacy group tore into the FBI on Wednesday over revelations that an effort from the bureau’s Richmond, Virginia, office to target certain “traditionalist” Catholics may have been more widespread.

CatholicVote referenced a less redacted version of an FBI document released by the House Judiciary Committee that revealed involvement from the bureau’s Portland and Los Angeles offices in an initiative that had initially appeared isolated to the Richmond office.

“The FBI has finally acknowledged what we have long suspected, namely that FBI efforts to spy on Catholic churches went far beyond a single field office and a so-called rogue agent,” CatholicVote President Brian Burch said in a statement.

Burch added, “Further, these new FBI admissions raise even more questions now about the intent, purpose, and scope of this illegal and unconstitutional effort to surveil Catholics inside of churches across America.”

The document, which was first leaked soon after its internal issuance by the FBI’s Richmond field office in January, functioned as a threat assessment of “radical-traditionalist Catholics.” The FBI determined they made up a “small minority of overall Roman Catholic adherents” and that there existed an “increasingly observed interest” of violent extremists within that particular group of Catholics. (Read more from “Religious Group Blasts FBI Memo: ‘Unconstitutional Effort to Surveil Catholics’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.